Does Dalton do anything better than Dak?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This guy admits he's just a parrot with no original thoughts esp of its coach junk talk to back up his football crush Dak. Shameful. We are truly turning into the dang on Dallas DakBoys.

Besides playing wannabe coach you also have a reading and/or comprehension problem when I very clearly said that when I do say something that is my opinion, I'll explain that for you and that means having an original thought, I say this is what I think or I believe this or my opinion is and don't state things as facts like I'm a coach after watching hours of game film like you and Prescott's handoffs. Here's another hole in your little rant. I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the league but IN MY OPINION he's far far far far better than the haters try to paint him.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Besides playing wannabe coach you also have a reading and/or comprehension problem when I very clearly said that when I do say something that is my opinion, I'll explain that for you and that means having an original thought, I say this is what I think or I believe this or my opinion is and don't state things as facts like I'm a coach after watching hours of game film like you and Prescott's handoffs. Here's another hole in your little rant. I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the league but IN MY OPINION he's far far far far better than the haters try to paint him.
I have no problem Reading or comprehending anything esp that you wrote. I posted what you said so if there was some comprehension it was your own fault. How can your stupid point be a hole in my alleged rant when I didn't say you said Dak was the best QB in the league? Smarten up Nas. I don't care about the vocal minority of "haters" the don't worship Dak like you must think he's decent so spare me that bs logic. Dak is what he is an average QB some think is some next level QB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I have no problem Reading or comprehending anything esp that you wrote. I posted what you said so if there was some comprehension it was your own fault. How can your stupid point be a hole in my alleged rant when I didn't say you said Dak was the best QB in the league? Smarten up Nas. I don't care about the vocal minority of "haters" the don't worship Dak like you must think he's decent so spare me that bs logic. Dak is what he is an average QB some think is some next level QB.

You really do have a comprehension problem when you say and I'll quote you "This guy admits he's just a parrot with no original thoughts" to a reply to your comment where I replied "When I do express an opinion I say I think or I believe or my opinion is," clearly you had a comprehension problem there. So in my reply to your comment where you proved you have a comprehension problem I replied to you with "I very clearly said that when I do say something that is my opinion, I'll explain that for you and that means having an original thought, I say this is what I think or I believe this or my opinion is" .

All you proved is besides having a comprehension problem you then try bringing up that I state what coaches have said and you then say and again I'll quote you "its coach junk talk to back up his football crush Dak" . So there's the coach junk and then you saying I have a crush on Prescott. So I reply to that with "Here's another hole in your little rant. I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the league but IN MY OPINION he's far far far far better than the haters try to paint him." Clearly saying Prescott isn't the best but somehow you equate because someone doesn't think Prescott is only average they have a crush on Prescott because they're OPINION isn't the same as yours.

Every time you reply you just prove what I said. Don't bother to reply again because I'll just ignore it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I haven't watched Dalton enough to form an educated opinion, but from just what I've seen, I think he puts the ball out in front of the receiver better when they are crossing the field. IMO, this is one of Dak's weakest area; he throws into the receiver or behind them on crossing-type patterns, which causes them to have to slow down or reach back for the ball instead of being able to use their momentum for YAC.

A lot of people have espoused this theory. My counter to that would be that Dak's MUCH lower INT rate couple with MUCH higher completion percentage would seem to indicate that he is considerably better at throwing the ball where it needs to be. I have observed dozens of times over the years where initially it appears Dak could have led the receiver only to notice on the replay that if he had done so the ball would have been intercepted by a DB who was not visible on the first camera angle or simply that the oncoming defender would have taken the receiver's head off. The other component that is seldom talked about is that the throws have to be made into the windows presented by the pass rushers .. Dak let's the ball go with hands waving in his face a lot.. especially this year. When you watch the play again you realize that a couple of inches to one side or the other and the ball is being batted back in his face. Still it's fair to point out that Dak can improve on some throws. The one that annoys me is the swing pass to Zeke. I think he's terrible at that one. I wish we would just take it out of the playbook and come up with another way to get Zeke the ball in space. Still it's kinda funny to read this criticism while seeing two Cowboys among the top 20 in the NFL in yards after the catch. Zeke at #4 and Cooper at #15 coming into the games this weekend. I will keep an eye on these rankings as the season wears on with Dalton at the helm.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
it has been mentioned that the offense will have to be tweaked to some degree now, like fewer if any RPO's, etc. With that, if certain plays are being pulled out, is there an opportunity to put more plays in that are Dalton's bread and butter? If so, what are they? What are his strenghts that can be played to? West Coast stuff?

The answer to the thread title is "no", and he's proving it tonight.

A handful of posters are learning a painful lesson. We all know who they are. Remember that the next time they arrogantly tell you that you're wrong. :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

A handful of posters are learning a painful lesson. We all know who they are. Remember that the next time they arrogantly tell you that you're wrong. :rolleyes:

Lol imagine thinking Dalton is to blame right now..

coult44

Reaction score
it has been mentioned that the offense will have to be tweaked to some degree now, like fewer if any RPO's, etc. With that, if certain plays are being pulled out, is there an opportunity to put more plays in that are Dalton's bread and butter? If so, what are they? What are his strenghts that can be played to? West Coast stuff?

He chews gum better

Philmonroe

Reaction score

Its one game. Unless this is the ncaa tournament nothing is determined by one game.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
It's almost as if there was a reason why they benched him and ran him out of Cincy. He's a decent QB, but he isn't even top 20.