Does it bother you that BP hasn't addressed the media this offseason?

Dallas4ever

Reaction score
No, it doesn't bother me at all. Parcells knows that Jerry will gladly grab the mic and say enough for both of them.

I in fact like that he's able to aggravate the media by not speaking until he's good and damn ready. They're like a pack of hungry dogs waiting for a bone.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah. I care about him coaching this team. Coaches speak to the press to convey information (or, sometimes in Parcells' case, misinformation).

Saying how he feels about Owens joining the team will not affect his ability to coach.

Ditto about discussing how much faith he has in Bledsoe.

Same for any Q & A with journalists about which player will be the starting right tackle.

Etc., etc.

Parcells has been in or around the league for decades. What he's doing now is no surprise to those who have followed his career. Perhaps his stint as an ESPN commentator threw some for a loop. I guess he talked TOO much during that time and people expected it to continue. I don't know...

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
ndanger said:
Hey give the man a break.He too deserves a vacation.All that matters is what is on the field.

and unfortunately that hasnt been very good either.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Funny thing is most people respond to negativity more then they do anything positive (or something they don't have a problem with). The fact that the voting is so lopsided towards the "No" speaks volumes since you'd think the people annoyed that BP hasn't spoken would be more vocal then the people that don't really care.

Hey, Jen, let's see that email of yours now. Stupid *****.

Seriously, "You should look at my email". How many emails do you expect to get from people saying "I'm ok with BP not talking to the media"? If it's something they're comfortable with they most likely aren't gonna feel inclined to write anything about it.

The fact that she uses her email inbox as an example of "what the fans feel" shows she's actually dumber then I initially thought.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
Rack said:
Funny thing is most people respond to negativity more then they do anything positive (or something they don't have a problem with). The fact that the voting is so lopsided towards the "No" speaks volumes since you'd think the people annoyed that BP hasn't spoken would be more vocal then the people that don't really care.

Hey, Jen, let's see that email of yours now. Stupid *****.

Seriously, "You should look at my email". How many emails do you expect to get from people saying "I'm ok with BP not talking to the media"? If it's something they're comfortable with they most likely aren't gonna feel inclined to write anything about it.

The fact that she uses her email inbox as an example of "what the fans feel" shows she's actually dumber then I initially thought.

So you're assuming that the very very very tiny percentage of cowboys fans nationwide who frequent this message board speak for everyone?

Im sure there are alot of people that are a little more than aggravated at the way Parcells goes about his business. It would be one thing if he's had some measure of success heading into YEAR 4 here. If he were winning super bowls or hell, even winning period, it probably wouldnt make any difference to anyone. That isnt the case however.

Why is it such an issue when someone questions his direction when it applys to the Dallas Cowboys and more importantly why does it upset you so?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Please tell me your going to write to some of these members in the media that are crying like babies trying to convince the us the fans that we are getting screwed over.

After we signed TO our media emberassed us and if I had it my way TO wouldn't be allowed to be discussed with BP tomorrow.

Id much rather here him speak about our draft picks but you can guarantee it will be nothin but TO questions.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lspain1 said:
The media should stick it plain and simple. We'll get plenty of BP during TC and the season. It's enough for me.
Plenty good enough for me.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
I feel really cheated that Bill Parcells has stiffed the fans regarding speaking in front of the media. I would like to hear him respond to the first reporter who asks him whether he thinks he can control T.O.

I hope ESPN is there to record it for posterity

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Parcells not voting in this poll shows he was not on board with TO, his silence is so deafening

burmafrd

Reaction score
138-6 is pretty one sided. Yet those who disagree now claim that since only a small percentage of the Boys Fan base are on this board the poll means nothing. TYPICAL.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
I don't care whether BP addresses the media during the offseason. To me it's not that big of a deal either way.

But I think this poll would be more interesting if it weren't so over the top:

Yes! I think he should be there at every FA signing and talk about every draft pick!

A simple "Yes" or "No" could have sufficed.

MtlCowboy

Reaction score
don't care one bit. especially with what he went through with his brother passing last year and him possibly hanging it up. the team is going so well in with his direction, why do they bother him with this nonsense?
it is not like we are not getting info anyway from JJ and Ireland....leave bill alone.

superpunk

Reaction score
CaptainMorgan said:
So you're assuming that the very very very tiny percentage of cowboys fans nationwide who frequent this message board speak for everyone?

I suppose you take issue with the accuracy of gallup polls, Nielsen TV ratings, and family feud, because they only sample a very, very, tiny percentage of the national populace, no?

Little help from dictionary.com

poll ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (p
omacr.gif
l)
n.
  1. A survey of the public or of a sample of public opinion to acquire information.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Nope.

It would be nice, but let the man do whatever he wants. Hopefully he stays longer than most anticipate him staying for.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
After being a coach myself for 15 yrs, I love Parcells and understand why he is the way he is.

He doesn't owe the media anything, ... he only owes Jerry Jones his best effort.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Does not bother me. If Bill has something to say I'm sure he will stand up and say it. This is nothing more than reporters wanting a juicy story and then twists the words when they get an answer that does not fit their way of thinking or as some like to call it “Reading Between the Lines”. As we get closer to training camp I'm sure Bill will become more available to the press until then some are making this out to be a bigger deal than it really is.