Does It Make A Person A Bad Fan To Hope For Bad Season & Red's Firing?

visionary

Reaction score
I don't think he will, I don't claim to know because of course that would be nonsense. If he's not going to win then it will sort itself out regardless, so rooting for us to lose is pointless.

We'll find out quickly who the real fans are if he does have success this year though. It will be funny watching many who's bashed Dak praise him just so they don't have to give credit to Garrett.

Better watch it @stasheroo
He's pulling out the "real fans" card

No no please
Anything but the "real fans" card

TWOK11

Reaction score
Better watch it @stasheroo
He's pulling out the "real fans" card

No no please
Anything but the "real fans" card

Arguing that one can be a fan while consistently hoping their team loses is effectively arguing that words don't have meanings. I'll leave that to you.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've seen.

I'd prefer that to wasting more than that one season with proven failure. We've wasted 7 years plus already, that's already more than enough.

Look no further than last year. He couldn't manage wins over any of the good teams in the league. And got his clock cleaned when he faced the playoff caliber teams. There was a clear pattern. But what he did manage was to stack up some meaningless wins against the botttom feeders and teams taking the week off. That served only to keep him around for another year and to ruin this team's draft position. Other than that, nothing was accomplished. Yet again.

Just so I'm clear...

What is YOUR preference for the upcoming season...

A winning record or a losing record?

TWOK11

Reaction score
Would you if it were Campo?

Garrett is just a dressed up better spoken version of Campo

See, this is the kind of nonsense that makes debate so difficult here. I'm not going to sit here and argue Garrett is a great head coach but you've shown your hand by making such a demonstrably false comparison.

Jason Garrett has won two division titles, a winning % of .558 and has finished .500 or better in 6 out of 7 seasons. Campo coached for three years, finished 5-11 all three years and never finished better than 4th in the division.

Jason Garrett is a lot of things, but the equal of Dave Campo isn't one of them.

TWOK11

Reaction score
We've seen.

I'd prefer that to wasting more than that one season with proven failure. We've wasted 7 years plus already, that's already more than enough.

Look no further than last year. He couldn't manage wins over any of the good teams in the league. And got his clock cleaned when he faced the playoff caliber teams. There was a clear pattern. But what he did manage was to stack up some meaningless wins against the botttom feeders and teams taking the week off. That served only to keep him around for another year and to ruin this team's draft position. Other than that, nothing was accomplished. Yet again.

Tom Landry's first 7 seasons:
35-56-5
1 division title
0-1 postseason record

BUT WE'VE SEEN

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See, this is the kind of nonsense that makes debate so difficult here. I'm not going to sit here and argue Garrett is a great head coach but you've shown your hand by making such a demonstrably false comparison.

Jason Garrett has won two division titles, a winning % of .558 and has finished .500 or better in 6 out of 7 seasons. Campo coached for three years, finished 5-11 all three years and never finished better than 4th in the division.

Jason Garrett is a lot of things, but the equal of Dave Campo isn't one of them.

Well that's it exactly.

One clearly isn't the same as the other.

I'm not a big Garrett fan myself but to "say" he's Campo... Well that's just way over the top.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Arguing that one can be a fan while consistently hoping their team loses is effectively arguing that words don't have meanings. I'll leave that to you.
Fans want what they believe is ultimately best for the team. Of course there are different opinions and everything else about what that may be and how to go about it. The one constant is they want what they perceive to be the best and that doesn't make anyone any less of a fan.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
To answer the question-yes it most certainly does and I don’t even like Red.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Fans want what they believe is ultimately best for the team. Of course there are different opinions and everything else about what that may be and how to go about it. The one constant is they want what they perceive to be the best and that doesn't make anyone any less of a fan.

Again, I'll leave it to others to argue that red means green and stop means go. I want no part of that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
uh, ok........I guess I'm old school..........I expect my HC to be an X's and O's guy that I don't have to take the play calling reigns away from, that I can depend on making during game/halftime adjustments, and I don't consider stopping plays that were working in the first half and staying with plays that weren't working as adjustments.............Garrett hasn't improved one iota since the first day he was named HC, and this is a guy that because of his dad has been around football litterally his entire life.........How anyone can defend this guy is beyond logical thinking...he's only here because of the longtime relationship and respect Jerry had with Jason's father.......I won't even go into the bs clapping.

First off do you know how foolish you sound stating or implying a person that spent his entire football playing career as a QB, the one position on the team that knows X's and O's better than any other player on the team is not an X's and O's coach? The one position where he not only has to know where all of his players will be on every play but also has to read the defense on every play and you think he's not an X's and O's coach? Next, you like so many fans think halftime is 10 - 12 minutes of the head coach speaking and that couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. The halftime adjustments are made by the offensive and defensive coordinators. The head coach speaks for a minute or two and then lets the coordinators do their thing or at least that's what Emmitt said was the norm when he played. Now as far as the hand clapping maybe if you go back and watch SB LI you'll see in the 1st half while the patriots were getting trounce bellicheat on the sidelines doing some clapping. as the units were changing. But of course that doesn't fit into your bashing Garrett so you just ignore other coaches that do the very same thing. Lastly tell me just how many team and coaches meeting you have sat in on that makes you think you know that Garrett isn't an X's and O's coach.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
First off do you know how foolish you sound stating or implying a person that spent his entire football playing career as a QB, the one position on the team that knows X's and O's better than any other player on the team is not an X's and O's coach? The one position where he not only has to know where all of his players will be on every play but also has to read the defense on every play and you think he's not an X's and O's coach? Next, you like so many fans think halftime is 10 - 12 minutes of the head coach speaking and that couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. The halftime adjustments are made by the offensive and defensive coordinators. The head coach speaks for a minute or two and then lets the coordinators do their thing or at least that's what Emmitt said was the norm when he played. Now as far as the hand clapping maybe if you go back and watch SB LI you'll see in the 1st half while the patriots were getting trounce bellicheat on the sidelines doing some clapping. as the units were changing. But of course that doesn't fit into your bashing Garrett so you just ignore other coaches that do the very same thing. Lastly tell me just how many team and coaches meeting you have sat in on that makes you think you know that Garrett isn't an X's and O's coach.
I don't know if he's an X's and O's coach but I know Romo said he isn't.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
No, fans rooting for meaningless wins are doing nothing but blindly following along, mindlessly and unquestioningly accepting whatever they're given. That's not being noble, that's being a sucker.

Fans are rooting for a failed, never-should-have-been head coach to be gone. And right now, losses in a season gets the team there. To a greater good.

What did rooting for the big week 17 "win" get ya? Do you feel good about that? If you do, then you're a bigger loser than anyone you're attempting to "call out."

I'll gladly go up and down the laundry lists of things I've been wrong about.

I get the same "nothing" in being right that I get "nothing" taken away when I'm wrong.

If I was afraid, I'd never express an opinion at all. And neither would you.
Expressing an opinion is one thing. Hoping this team loses so your opinion is right is another.

I'm not a Garrett fan either. But if he gets us to the playoffs or better I will be thrilled.

Will you still be upset? Will you still wish him gone?

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Would you if it were Campo?

Garrett is just a dressed up better spoken version of Campo
Don't get me started on Campo. He lacked some head coaching chops, but he squeezed everything out of those horrendous teams that he could.