Does It Make A Person A Bad Fan To Hope For Bad Season & Red's Firing?

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Expressing an opinion is one thing. Hoping this team loses so your opinion is right is another.

I'm not a Garrett fan either. But if he gets us to the playoffs or better I will be thrilled.

Will you still be upset? Will you still wish him gone?
Yes, I would still want him gone........because of what we've witnessed from him the last 7 years is that the winning season is in "spite" of him not "because" of him.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
First off do you know how foolish you sound stating or implying a person that spent his entire football playing career as a QB, the one position on the team that knows X's and O's better than any other player on the team is not an X's and O's coach? The one position where he not only has to know where all of his players will be on every play but also has to read the defense on every play and you think he's not an X's and O's coach? Next, you like so many fans think halftime is 10 - 12 minutes of the head coach speaking and that couldn't be further from the truth if you tried. The halftime adjustments are made by the offensive and defensive coordinators. The head coach speaks for a minute or two and then lets the coordinators do their thing or at least that's what Emmitt said was the norm when he played. Now as far as the hand clapping maybe if you go back and watch SB LI you'll see in the 1st half while the patriots were getting trounce bellicheat on the sidelines doing some clapping. as the units were changing. But of course that doesn't fit into your bashing Garrett so you just ignore other coaches that do the very same thing. Lastly tell me just how many team and coaches meeting you have sat in on that makes you think you know that Garrett isn't an X's and O's coach.
I appologize Mrs. Garrett.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Yes, I would still want him gone........because of what we've witnessed from him the last 7 years is that the winning season is in "spite" of him not "because" of him.
Sure, makes sense. Fire a guy who won the Superbowl for not winning enough before that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tom Landry's first 7 seasons:
35-56-5
1 division title
0-1 postseason record

BUT WE'VE SEEN

Do we need to go into the fact that it was an expansion team populated by guys off the street?

Seriously?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expressing an opinion is one thing. Hoping this team loses so your opinion is right is another.

I'm not a Garrett fan either. But if he gets us to the playoffs or better I will be thrilled.

"To the playoffs"?

Yes, I'll still be upset. I've seen the one and dones enough times already.

Get to the Championship Game? I'll be happy to hear you tell me I was wrong.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I would take one bad year for high draft positions and a new coaching staff...sounds great. Let's roll!!!

BlindFaith

Reaction score
"To the playoffs"?

Yes, I'll still be upset. I've seen the one and dones enough times already.

Get to the Championship Game? I'll be happy to hear you tell me I was wrong.
Winning in the playoffs is hard. Even for the best coaches.

I've already gone on record saying we will win the NFCE this year and make the playoffs. Us cutting the player changes nothing.

Anything past the playoffs depends on if we get Thomas and how the draft shakes out.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Nope as long as it means we get rid of the crapy QB (Dak for you slow people) with him.

Let it be so.

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Winning in the playoffs is hard. Even for the best coaches.

I've already gone on record saying we will win the NFCE this year and make the playoffs. Us cutting the player changes nothing.

Anything past the playoffs depends on if we get Thomas and how the draft shakes out.

Do want to bet ? I will take that all day.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

I just want to enjoy football with my Cowboys and feel like they can win any game they enter.
Not guarantee, but feel like they can win. And they do, more often than not. And I want to see them in the playoffs and win some games.
And I'd like to see a trajectory. That would be nice... no more treadmill running, but a trajectory.
That's the main thing. This stuff the past few years looks more like a cluster... group outing. But I'm on the outside, looking in.
Back in the 90's, it was all so simple and obvious: That team was going to WIN and win it did. You could see it, smell it, know it...

I see nothing right now. Nothing, but derision, division and something else that rhymes with ision. I haven't figured out that last ision... but I'm working on it!

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I just want to enjoy football with my Cowboys and feel like they can win any game they enter.
Not guarantee, but feel like they can win. And they do, more often than not. And I want to see them in the playoffs and win some games.
And I'd like to see a trajectory. That would be nice... no more treadmill running, but a trajectory.
That's the main thing. This stuff the past few years looks more like a cluster... group outing. But I'm on the outside, looking in.
Back in the 90's, it was all so simple and obvious: That team was going to WIN and win it did. You could see it, smell it, know it...

I see nothing right now. Nothing, but derision, division and something else that rhymes with ision. I haven't figured out that last ision... but I'm working on it!

I hear ya. I defended Jerry up until he got rid of Wade. I still think that was a mistake.

But in hindsight, Jerry has been a real problem. The sooner he leaves the picture the better. But I see Stephen making many, many more decisions now. And I personally like how he's doing things.

We've been to the playoffs 2 times in the last 4 years. Our drafts have been solid. Our cap is back under control.

The futures so bright you gotta...

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Collusion? Cohesion? Indigestion?