Does It Make A Person A Bad Fan To Hope For Bad Season & Red's Firing?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Seriously, at this point I would root for a 4-12 season if it guaranteed Red's departure.

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

If who/what we rooted for had any bearing on results this thread wouldn't exist, coming off our 19-0 SB winning season. :star:

ICP

Reaction score
I always want the Cowboys to win, that being said I would be ok with 0-16 if it meant Garrett was shown the door and kicked through it. While their at it show Linehan and Marinelli that same door.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I always want the Cowboys to win, that being said I would be ok with 0-16 if it meant Garrett was shown the door and kicked through it. While their at it show Linehan and Marinelli that same door.
This exactly I'll just spend more time with my kids and church for one season lol.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Seriously, at this point I would root for a 4-12 season if it guaranteed Red's departure.

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Its like having cancer that has spread in a limb, sometimes you have to amputate the limb in order to save the patient. Garrett is a cancer that must be excised to save the franchise, so some short term pain may be needed for longer-term game. I really hate the fact that Jerry has put me into this position of rooting against my favorite team, but it is what it is.

So yea, I might get called a bad fan, but if it means getting rid of Garrett, I am rooting for a losing season.

That's a tough question. I suppose I would trade an 0-16 season if there was a 100%, no turning back, absolute guarantee that the slap-happy, gum chewer, head Clown coach would get fired. Jerry would probably extend his contract though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't make you a bad fan but is rooting for your team to lose being a good fan? That let's get worse to get better, that doesn't always work.

Plus there is no guarantee that a bad season will accomplish what you want other than wasting a season. They haven't drafted and the team is not finalized yet and the disgust with the HC is so great that some are wanting a bad season?

What about the players? There are some guys on this team that I like, why would I want to wish a bad season on them? That 4-12 would probably do it for Dak and I really like him, I want him to be successful. I like Big Smitty, Yosemite, Lee and I am looking forward to seeing how this secondary looks with a full off season under their belt, 4-12 would pretty much mean we're back to the drawing board there.

I look at it this way. First, Garrett is not the worst HC and we could do worse and we have done worse so unless there's a new GM coming in to do the hiring, I am not optimistic there. I've been a fan through all of the coaches and I really liked and respected Landry but he wasn't the reason I was a fan. I don't really care for Jimmy Johnson as a person but I was a fan anyway. The HC isn't the critical factor for me as a fan.

I get the frustration but as a fan my hope is that he gets it. He becomes a better sideline tactician and game manager and his DC finally gets a D that can do something. I can't root against them, if I did I wouldn't be able to watch and while all of that sounds easy, try rooting against your team the minute that ball begins sailing through the air and you see your colors running down the field. Easier said than done.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Now I don't typically approve of fans rooting against their favorite team, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Its like having cancer that has spread in a limb, sometimes you have to amputate the limb in order to save the patient. Garrett is a cancer that must be excised to save the franchise, so some short term pain may be needed for longer-term game. I really hate the fact that Jerry has put me into this position of rooting against my favorite team, but it is what it is.

So yea, I might get called a bad fan, but if it means getting rid of Garrett, I am rooting for a losing season.

You can wish it for yourself, that doesn't make you a bad fan. Just don't wish it for everyone else, that would just make you selfish

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want the Dallas cowboys to win every single game they ever play. Period.
That is some rather radical thinking. In truth, Competition is all about losing when you possess the ability to win. It is a philosophy stretching back to the ancient Greeks and the running of the first ever 100 meters race, where athletes ran 99.9 meters, stopped, and started questioning each other:

What are we doing?
Racing.
Yeah but what do we do now?
I don’t know. Cross the finish line maybe?
<expletive> that. I came here to lose. What about you Clyde?
Me? I ran for the food. You break the tape Jim.
Please. That would mean I won.
So?
I’m strictly a third place finishing kind of guy. You do it Roberto.
I ah don’t ta speaka Greek.

————————

Eventually the race was cancelled due to rain.

Say. What is this thread about again?

weaver21

Reaction score
"You think Garrett could win a Super Bowl with a backup quarterback, let alone a backup tackle and linebacker?"

Your opinions should not be taken seriously.

You think he can? I'd like to hear your reasoning behind why you think he could.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my book, somebody who roots for a team to lose is not actually a fan of that team. When they go back to rooting for it to win, they’re fans again. Just not very consistent ones.

That’s not a value judgement. It’s definitional.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I’d rather win the super bowl myself
But that’s just me
If you are gonna lose then why not go 0-16
Assured the first pick
If you are gonna dream, dream big lol
That’s obvious. We all would rather win the Super Bowl. These are desperate times. Jerry seems to be okay if we are mediocre every year. He can come up with his lame excuses to keep us coming back mediocre year after mediocre year. It might actually take 0-16 to knock some sense into old Jerry.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it makes you a bad fan. No good fan would ever hope for a losing season, period.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
I don’t wanna see a bad season Garrett needs to coach the Cowboys to the super bowl or they need to rethink the coach. I think Garrett has a feel good philosophy but win a championship and make this team feared around the league.

Can we win a Thanksgiving and maybe a home game since I’m over here ranting