Does not matter what RB is here because Cowboys are too stupid to use them correctly

SackMaster

Reaction score
Seriously, when will you guys finally realize that it doesnt matter what RB is here because the Cowboys are too stupid to use their RBs correctly the way teams like the titans and 49ers do.

If Henry or Mostert was here it would be the same crap of misuse just like Zeke.

Imo none of those RBs are better than zeke. They are just used 100x better than zeke.
I am not one of those that want another RB, but I'm curious to know what you mean by "used better".

If you are talking about enough rushes, I don't think there's another RB in the league with more rushing attempts since he was drafted. And yes, even with him sitting out last games of the year or suspension.

If you are talking about receptions, he may not be at the top of the league for RBs, but the last two years it's been higher than average.

So the Cowboys are using him quite a bit and because of it, he has two rushing titles in four years.

Now if you want to talk on specific types of plays, well a new coaching staff may be able to fix that in 2020.

But if you are honest, one of the reasons Zeke was 4th in yards but 2nd in rush attempts in 2019 was because he was not in the best shape. He lacked explosion and tapped out too much. Even with that, he had his 3rd 300+ carry season in his 4 career years.

Hopefully without a hold out, and a new strength and conditioning coach, Zeke will be in better shape next year and the new coaching staff is able to find ways to use h more effectively, and maybe even lower his work load in the process, in 2020 and beyond.

:thumbup:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Forget about using him at all! Trade him for Gurley, I mean Kamara, wait, I mean Henry, never mind, who is the dude from the 49’ers everyone is talking about this week, yeah, trade him for that guy.

Can we trade Zeke or Dak after week one next season for whoever is the new hotness that week? I heard the best way to become elite is to get the guy who had the best stats the previous week, It’s so simple yet

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
It’s wierd but I think we used Murray correctly when we were making that run with Romo and dezz

That offensive seemed pretty balanced

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Thing is it doesnt take a genius to know that Zeke is misused, yet fans still make these threads as if the RB is just flat out better or just stepped off of another planet.

I know they are coming! It will just show their incompetence!
How about the almost non use of a fb that got paid. Makes me sick too on all fronts concerning our use or lack of very good rb's and our fb.

foofighters

Reaction score
Seriously, when will you guys finally realize that it doesnt matter what RB is here because the Cowboys are too stupid to use their RBs correctly the way teams like the titans and 49ers do.

If Henry or Mostert was here it would be the same crap of misuse just like Zeke.

Imo none of those RBs are better than zeke. They are just used 100x better than zeke.
How did Titans fare with the running game on Sunday...you know, when it really mattered?

Oneiros

Reaction score
It’s wierd but I think we used Murray correctly when we were making that run with Romo and dezz

That offensive seemed pretty balanced
It was. And this was also the playcalling to where Romo was most effective.

We saw glimpses of it during Dak and Zeke's rookie year and then completely for one reason or another.

It'd be quite nice if we returned to this kind of balance especially considering how much we extended Zeke for.

I'm rather curious what our offensive identity will look like this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thing is it doesnt take a genius to know that Zeke is misused, yet fans still make these threads as if the RB is just flat out better or just stepped off of another planet.

I know they are coming! It will just show their incompetence!
Come on, Soupy. Everyone can see Zeke is wearing down. You say he has not been used correctly or misused? Well what do you call the offense pretty much running through him from 2016 - 2019? This year, Zeke was used less to give him a breather, yet he couldn't run as good or as efficient in years past. What does that tell you other than he is wearing down physically? He even took himself out during key plays that cost us games this year, even though he demanded and received the highest RB pay ever in NFL history, so why are you defending him?

Looks like the only incompetent ones are those making excuses for this worn down RB.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'm sure if the cowboys didnt get behind every game they wouldve used zeke a lot more.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Did you miss the last two weeks where the horrid Garrett was fired and MM was hired?

quickccc

Reaction score

lol ... ultimate doom and gloom mindset ,.... :confused:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

First, the Cowboy coaching staff is not the same as last year, yet you are judging as if it is, and second, the Cowboys are the team that had the leading rusher in the NFL in 2014, 2016 and 2018 and would have had in 2017 had Zeke not been suspended part of the season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The last 14 years? Yes. But with a new staff, we'll see. But I highly doubt the current staff will have the same stubborn take on the offense, you know, "we do what we do."

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mosert had 772 yards rushing and 1 great game against an over rated GB team. 6 teams cut him before he landed in SF.
And now you think he can replace Zeke?
:facepalm:

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Considering what Zeke has accomplished in his Cowboys career, that's a pretty bold statement.

He should have led the league in rushing his 1st 3 years in the league.

And everyone was like "Pay Zeke... Pay Zeke.... Pay Zeke..." No... Don't pay Zeke... Same thing with Dak (at least not this year)… I say franchise him and roll the dice next year....