Does not matter what RB is here because Cowboys are too stupid to use them correctly

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seriously, when will you guys finally realize that it doesnt matter what RB is here because the Cowboys are too stupid to use their RBs correctly the way teams like the titans and 49ers do.

If Henry or Mostert was here it would be the same crap of misuse just like Zeke.

Imo none of those RBs are better than zeke. They are just used 100x better than zeke.
these threads are uses you are debating what the old coaching staff did..*** dude you realize they are gone but not sure what you mean Zeke still atop producing back, maybe use him more in the pass game and get pollard a bit more involved but zeke has great year regardless of the chatter around here.. he had the second most carries 300 to Henrys 303 id say they ran him pretty well.. Moesert had a few good games and it simply does not matter dudes 5yr career he ha sunder 200 carries Zeke had 300 this year alone..zekes won 2 rushing titles could have had three in a row sans RG suspension.. he was 30 yards short of third place this season.. so henry had a great year as did others but that doesnt diminish Zekes year at all..

seriously did you see the rams game?

back to the fact you are griping about a staff that was let go, new hc and schemes coming but Zeke career has not suffered, he got huge deal and is still productive..I dont see your point.. Henry's year wasn't even as good as Zekes rookie year yards wise and Murray even better...im pretty sure this teams uses the Rbs more then a lot of teams..they finished 5th in overall rushing this season..

its looked worse becaue at 8-8 it was frustrating but they ran quite a bit according to stats.. a few games they should have ran bit more in the second half but Zeke also led in first Half Yards this season.

the old staff is now gone but id say look more at bad special teams, the kickers, and defense to see more of the reason we went 8-8 not hw we used our RBs..

blueblood70

Reaction score
ever notice how it’s always some other rb or zeke. Rarely the same outside of maybe mccaffrey and Barkley. First it was Jordan Howard, then it was Kamara and Hunt, then Gurley, then Aaron Jones then Henry and Mostert. There will always be someone else to look at, but rarely the same guys, and always Zeke

:hammer:

exactly Zekes one of the most consistent and productive back over 4 years, hes a 3 down back that blocks, runs amnd a very good pass catcher..

the top can change but hes always in the mix and thats what matters .. Moesert and henry the current new flavor but where will they finish next year?

like you mentioned all these but you left out the kid in Denver last year that fell back, Cooks came on but cant stay healthy,same with Fournette up and down..

this Zone is always trying to knock Zeke down a peg but hes not gone anywhere..never seen fan base that tries so hard to knock their own players down and prop up the opponents..lol

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Seriously, when will you guys finally realize that it doesnt matter what RB is here because the Cowboys are too stupid to use their RBs correctly the way teams like the titans and 49ers do.

If Henry or Mostert was here it would be the same crap of misuse just like Zeke.

Imo none of those RBs are better than zeke. They are just used 100x better than zeke.

Let’s give McCarthy a shot. He has 2 real good ones to work with this year. I think it’s important for Zeke to lose 15-20 pounds and be ready to go. Personally I want his workload to be cut 10-15 pct but get him the ball in space more. Screens, Flares, quick pitches to the edge. I want Zeke to have to take on LBs and the secondary more often rather than stuffing him between the tackles. He could rush for 1100 yards but get 60 catches. I think that is a better plan to keep him fresh longer.

nobody

Reaction score
Um, can we wait until we see what the new coaching staff does in regular season games before declaring doom and gloom? Good grief, people!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very easy to say so and so was misused after a losing season. But give examples of why you think he was misused and an example of how he should be used. I'm thinking zeke capturing 2 out of 4 rushing tittles and nearly a 3rd that the old staff was doing a pretty good job leaning on the workhorse back. he didn't have huge runs but he didn't have huge holes to run through either.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The entire argument is silly.
Many NFL RBs have had a great game or even a great season.
Few have great careers.
Zeke has been phenomenal across 4 seasons.
A lot of people look a t Zeke as immature and not living up to his full expectations, which is probably somewhat true.
But ask yourself this... If you where Zeke, and knew that RB careers are short term in this league on average, and you were in a great position, after landing a monumental second contract.
You really want a be a soon to be forgotten hero in this league, or extend your earning potential?
I love the talent that Zeke possess, but I hate the build model that this franchise invests in.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Henry had 1540 yards and 16 TDs, and averaged 102.7 ypg and 5.1 ypc

In 2016 Zeke had 1631 yards and 15 TDs, and averaged 108.7 ypg and 5.1 ypc.

So, the Cowboys could never use Zeke as well as the Titans use Henry?

Sorry, but your argument is weak, and weaker still because you are treating McCarthy as if he were part of how Zeke was used in the past.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let’s give McCarthy a shot. He has 2 real good ones to work with this year. I think it’s important for Zeke to lose 15-20 pounds and be ready to go. Personally I want his workload to be cut 10-15 pct but get him the ball in space more. Screens, Flares, quick pitches to the edge. I want Zeke to have to take on LBs and the secondary more often rather than stuffing him between the tackles. He could rush for 1100 yards but get 60 catches. I think that is a better plan to keep him fresh longer.

Agreed. Both backs should be used like this so defenses can't just key in on what we do based on personnel.

HonestOffer

Reaction score
If we don’t effectively maximize our RBs through scheme then I’d argue it *does* matter who’s here. If you don’t get production from scheme then you have to get it from talent.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah, but that could be a sign of no week in week out recieving threat on the outside. I'm just saying that could be a possibility. His best year he had Dez out there. Or it could be the same old adage stop Zeke stop the Cowboys. And that's just another way of saying Dak/Dallas isn't good enough to win through the air.

No one was afraid of Dez at the end of his career. Dez was a complete non factor. That’s why he is still unemployed.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

Sorry, but your argument is weak, and weaker still because you are treating McCarthy as if he were part of how Zeke was used in the past.

Weak!?!

This coming from a guy who had to go back to 2016 to make any kind of a credible argument.

You are a few years too late buddy!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weak!?!

This coming from a guy who had to go back to 2016 to make any kind of a credible argument.

lol - there's a back pedal.

You said the "when will you guys realize that it doesnt matter what RB is here because the Cowboys are too stupid to use their RBs correctly the way teams like the titans and 49ers do."

NOW you are claiming you were only saying the Titans used their RB better in 2019 and weren't commenting on what the Cowboys have done over the years with their RB? lol.

Face it, the Titans have used Henry like that ONE YEAR ONLY, whereas the Cowboys have been using their RBs like that most of the last 6 seasons, and now you are having to pretend you said something different than you actually did to avoid that reality.

blueblood70

Reaction score

:hammer:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Weak!?!

No Henrys a few years too late Zekes done that already and BETTER..he did it day one as rookie and has continued to produce at the top of the league..henry took 3 years for it to happen? Zekes still has had the better career, and BTW Henry will have his hand out($$$) and lets see how he does the next 2 seasons..

GMO415

Reaction score
The RB is prominent in the WCO. I don't get that a SB winning HC doesn't know how to use such phenomenal talent.

roughneck266

Reaction score

Agreed. I am hopeful that is a thing of the past. With all the stat work our new HC has done the past year, you would think this is something he may have noticed.