does this game remind anyone of the saints game last year?

gbertram

Reaction score
*1st post ever btw, long time viewer though

the lead up to this game reminds me of the saints game last year.
seams almost identical. we were playing at home last year, in a night game, against a team we all felt were overrated for what should be the inside track to home field advantage thru the playoffs. pretty similar circumstances.

boy i hope the results r different this time though. what r yall's thoughts on this and why do u guys feel the cowboys will come out on top after getting convincingly whoped in a similar situation last year?

sillycon

Reaction score
They're a much better team than last year so I don't see a blowout happening. I do think the Packers will give them a tough game though...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
This year's Cowboy team is night and day from last year's. Completely different.

It was the defense failing to adjust to what New Orleans was doing that really helped them to blow us out. This coaching staff has shown time and again that they are more than willing to adjust to what other teams are doing during the game.

I wouldn't worry about a blow out.

Should be a good game though.

sbark

Reaction score
Wade P and J.Garretts ability to make adjustments within the game vrs. Prior to 2nd month of offseason have helped the Boy's get past slow starts or rocky parts of many games this season

Balance between aggressive scheme and the mistake that could give Packers momentum at critical point

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't think that many think the Packers are overated at all. At least I don't. I think it will be a very good game.

A blowout could happen but I would be surprised!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:welcome: to the board.

Enough of that lurking around. Glad to see you finally posting. :D

DTK

Reaction score
Not really for I don't think the Packers are as explosive and dynamic on offense as the Saints were. Plus they had Peyton who had some knowledge of what we brought to the table. However, the Packers are much better on defense than the Saints. Then again, we're a much better team this year and dare I say far better prepared and coached.

All I truly know is that I am fired up for this game RIGHT NOW!! 11 hours til kickoff and I could run through a brick wall right now I'm so pumped. Well, the wall would probably run over me, but you catch my drift. I've never been one to wish time would hurry up for I don't like wishing my life away, but good gawd, 8:15 can't get here fast enough.

LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Iago33

Reaction score
Did the Packers just hire one of our assistant coaches as a head coach? Did I miss it?

Then, no, it doesn't remind me of the Saints game.

But if you're talking about the possibility of a late-season fade, I don't think this team has the same weaknesses in coaching. Yes, this team has weaknesses, but a lack of coaching adjustments is not one of them.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
We are a much better team on both sides of the Ball then the team that played the Saints last season.

Bluefin

Reaction score
The huge match-up last season was against undefeated Indianapolis, IMO, and we came out with the victory.

The Saints game was also vital, but it was a case of insider trading, they knew what to do against us and flushed our season down the toilet.

This is a different team with a new coaching staff.

I'd much rather watch the rematch, if it happens, in Texas Stadium as opposed to Lambeau Field, but we can win there, if needed, IMO.

This team has no quit in it.

Time to take care of business.

abrittain

Reaction score
Reasons the Cowboys should win tonight. In no particular order.

1. Romo being able to avoid the sack. (The Pack has the NFC sack leader)
2. Terence Newman (improving coverage...Roy W better have a good game)
3. Overall good and improving defense (Ellis and Ware are beasts)
4. Not much running game from the Pack
5. Jason Witten (The Pack will be focusing on T.O.)

:starspin

superpunk

Reaction score
No.

Almost every player we have is playing at a higher level. They're a year older, a year wiser, and a year more ready to deal with a game this big. I don't believe we run the play where Bradie James gets sucked up inside when he should be covering a FB anymore, so that is a plus.

The Packers remind me of last year's Saints, in the way their roster is constructed, except they def have more defenssive talent.

But this year's Cowboys don't remind me of last year's. They don't have a weak chin anymore. They believe on the Lord Romo, and they have been saved.

And it is good.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1796394 said:
This year's Cowboy team is night and day from last year's. Completely different.

You can say that tomorrow if we win the game. You can't say that now b/c we are pretty much in the same place as last year -- we are a couple of lucky breaks from having the same or worse record as 2006.

So let's put away the anointing oil.

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
There are some similarities, but there are also some major differences. The biggest difference is the absence of Sean Payton, who knew exactly what Zimmer/Parcells were going to do in every situation, and probably knows Tony Romo almost as well as Ramiro Romo does. And that was Romo's 7th start, IIRC.

Whatever happens, I'm really proud of this team. They've had plenty of opportunities to struggle, take weeks off, or just not show up the way some past editions of the Dallas Cowboys did. But they haven't done that. They've come out and fought hard every week, and they're actually getting better every week. I think the Packers will give 'em a game, but I don't think the Packers have played a team like the Cowboys this year.

abrittain

Reaction score
abersonc;1796519 said:
You can say that tomorrow if we win the game. You can't say that now b/c we are pretty much in the same place as last year -- we are a couple of lucky breaks from having the same or worse record as 2006.

So let's put away the anointing oil.

Well thats positive of you. Please let me know how a few lucky breaks have keep us from having last years record or worse. I guess you could say that the Buffalo game this year was a lucky break but none of our other wins have been "lucky". So at worse we could be 9-2 right now. So how is 9-2 the same or worse than last year?

notherbob

Reaction score
No, the only thing that reminds me of last years team is the football; other than that everything is completely different.