does this game remind anyone of the saints game last year?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
abrittain;1796587 said:
Well thats positive of you. Please let me know how a few lucky breaks have keep us from having last years record or worse.
I'd like to know, too.

I'd also say we could be a couple lucky breaks from being 11-0. I don't think last year's team could say that, could they?

dogberry

Reaction score
Korey Hall has 8 receptions this year. Enough to make me nervous now.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1796477 said:
Not at all.

It's a shame so many people have been so scarred by last year.

amen to that.

One thing that I think could be on our side and it is probably a reach is the amount of highly anticipated or big games this team has played since the core of this team was put together in 05.

We had big games in 05 @ philly, HOme to the chiefs and broncos and at nyg.

In 06 every game was big seemingly, but we played a big pressure filled game in ny, home to indy, home to new orleans and on the road in the wild card in seattle. Not to mention the game at philly!

Now this year every game we are a marked team and everyone spends the week talking about what the team cant do and how we are overall pretty lucky.

So this year already we have had the bears, pats, at the giants and at the eagles showdowns.

I think this team is mature enough and battle tested enough to handle the big lights and the importance.

Hopefully winning and losing big games in the last three years will have been an education that has to be experienced to be able to handle.

WHen you look at the packers, this core group has not really played a big game at all. Now they have favre, woodson, driver, franks, harris who have played in playoff games and big games, but the overall core of that team has not.

Could be something or I could just be stupid!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;1796855 said:
Could be something or I could just be stupid!

You're not stupid. There's something to be said for a team that has been tested facing a team that has not. This Cowboys team scores 30+ per game and the defense is getting better by the second. Every team has weaknesses, so I don't know why so many want to harp on Dallas' every flaw.

If the Cowboys bring their "A" game tonight, they will win. In fact if they play up to their capabilities, they will win out. Green Bay deserves their props, but this Cowboys team has the edge. I just hope they prove it tonight.

Jerry Tagge

Reaction score
gbertram;1796360 said:
*1st post ever btw, long time viewer though

the lead up to this game reminds me of the saints game last year.
seams almost identical. we were playing at home last year, in a night game, against a team we all felt were overrated for what should be the inside track to home field advantage thru the playoffs. pretty similar circumstances.

boy i hope the results r different this time though. what r yall's thoughts on this and why do u guys feel the cowboys will come out on top after getting convincingly whoped in a similar situation last year?
No, this doesn't remind me of the Saints game last year. Packers played the Saints at home and now they play the Cowboys on the road.

I hope it's not like the Saints game last year. Packers lost 34-27.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1796899 said:
You're not stupid. There's something to be said for a team that has been tested facing a team that has not. This Cowboys team scores 30+ per game and the defense is getting better by the second. Every team has weaknesses, so I don't know why so many want to harp on Dallas' every flaw.

If the Cowboys bring their "A" game tonight, they will win. In fact if they play up to their capabilities, they will win out. Green Bay deserves their props, but this Cowboys team has the edge. I just hope they prove it tonight.

Sam Hurd and Terrance Newman were saying on "Inside The Huddle" that this team hasn't even come close to playing up to their potential yet. That is highly encouraging. Now (and all playoff/SB games) would be the time to bring their "A" game on offense, defense and special teams.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Earlier in the week I had the same feelings as you. Then I woke up this morning with a feeling that there is NO CHANCE we lose this game. None.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
abrittain;1796587 said:
Well thats positive of you. Please let me know how a few lucky breaks have keep us from having last years record or worse. I guess you could say that the Buffalo game this year was a lucky break but none of our other wins have been "lucky". So at worse we could be 9-2 right now. So how is 9-2 the same or worse than last year?

The reversed call in Washington, was huge and you don't always get those reversed. That made a huge difference in the game. We could easily be 8-3

superpunk

Reaction score
abersonc;1797020 said:
The reversed call in Washington, was huge and you don't always get those reversed. That made a huge difference in the game. We could easily be 8-3

Don't you think this is a pretty enormous stretch? You're using the fact that the refs got the call right as a reason our record could be worse, and you're also ignoring that even if Washington had managed a comeback there would still be time for the Moxie kid to return and annihilate.

I can see games where we barely come back as games that just as easily could have been lost, like Buffalo, NY last year, Carolina the year before, KC, etc... but not games where we had a pretty handy lead and the other team made us sweat a bit at the end.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;1796517 said:
No.

Almost every player we have is playing at a higher level. They're a year older, a year wiser, and a year more ready to deal with a game this big. I don't believe we run the play where Bradie James gets sucked up inside when he should be covering a FB anymore, so that is a plus.

The Packers remind me of last year's Saints, in the way their roster is constructed, except they def have more defenssive talent.

But this year's Cowboys don't remind me of last year's. They don't have a weak chin anymore. They believe on the Lord Romo, and they have been saved.

And it is good.
And we don't have Bill "Stay in base 3-4 against 4 receiver sets" Parcells.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1796519 said:
You can say that tomorrow if we win the game. You can't say that now b/c we are pretty much in the same place as last year -- we are a couple of lucky breaks from having the same or worse record as 2006.

So let's put away the anointing oil.
Uhh...8-5 vs. 10-2? That's hardly the same place if we lose this game.

Undisputed

Reaction score
Yes, it is a battle of NFC supremecy, and it does remind me of the Saints game to be honest. Especially the recent increase in Packer trolls. They are worse than the Saints homers with all the "Real America's team!" nonsense.

But that doesn't mean I expect the result to be the same. This game will be close. And we will emerge victorious.

:starspin

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Undisputed;1797084 said:
the Saints homers with all the "Real America's team!" nonsense.:starspin
Yeah. Where are they now? They've looked a little better lately, but still nothing to brag about, so they don't.

FCBarca

Reaction score
It does for me, just was thinking about it the other day...Of course, as others have mentioned, this isn't the same team as last year, by a longshot.

Still, this offensive team might be more explosive than the Saints last year and their DBs were pretty physical as well...The wildcard in it was the coaching, of course...Peyton had a lot of insight in how to scheme Tony and Parcells was, well, Parcells...I suspect that Garrett will be prepared for this game but he too is simply a rookie coordinator, ya never know.

I'm most interested in how the defense responds here against GB...This is a test in the areas of the game we all worried about soo much from last season...Pass rush and secondary.

I'm not nervous about the game as even a loss means little in the scheme of things, just looking forward to all the matchups...I think the 'dud' probability is about 0% so should be a great game...Just hopefully not Saints like ;)