does this game remind anyone of the saints game last year?

abrittain

Reaction score
abersonc;1797020 said:
The reversed call in Washington, was huge and you don't always get those reversed. That made a huge difference in the game. We could easily be 8-3

Dude it was a good call. Lets just say that all your if's and buts were true then we would be 8-3. Even that is better than last year. Oh and on the Buffalo game, I'm honestly not calling that a lucky game for us. Romo skillfully brought our team back and our special teams skillfully did what they had to do for us to win that game. Where their is skill involved in winning a game, luck is not present. The Washington game sure was not luck.
Our receiving core is doing better than last year. Romo is having an awesome year. Our defence is improved. Our O line is playing better. This team is no where near last years team, and i will stick with this comment even if they do not win out in the regular season.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
gbertram;1796360 said:
*1st post ever btw, long time viewer though

the lead up to this game reminds me of the saints game last year.
seams almost identical. we were playing at home last year, in a night game, against a team we all felt were overrated for what should be the inside track to home field advantage thru the playoffs. pretty similar circumstances.

boy i hope the results r different this time though. what r yall's thoughts on this and why do u guys feel the cowboys will come out on top after getting convincingly whoped in a similar situation last year?

other than being a big game late in the season, no it doesnt remind me of last yr

we're vastly better than we were last yr...GB is vastly better than that Saints team we played and this game is the first match up of 10-1 teams in 17 years...it clearly could be the deciding factor of home field advantage

David

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
gbertram;1796360 said:

seams almost identical. we were playing at home last year, in a night game, against a team we all felt were overrated for what should be the inside track to home field advantage thru the playoffs. pretty similar circumstances.

boy i hope the results r different this time though. what r yall's thoughts on this and why do u guys feel the cowboys will come out on top after getting convincingly whoped in a similar situation last year?
I trust this year's team.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
abersonc;1797020 said:
The reversed call in Washington, was huge and you don't always get those reversed. That made a huge difference in the game. We could easily be 8-3

it got reversed because it was the wrong call

Washington hung tough in the game, but we abused them for a good part of the game offensively...most of the stuff they did to us was short underneath stuff...I suspect we'll see more of the same tonight

as for us easily being 8-3, you could say the same for GB...GB had no business winning that Philly game, and they easily could have lost to Denver and KC

David

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I haven't read this thread and hopefully im not the 1st to make this point but last year we had a defense that wouldn't adjust no matter what.

Now we have on that will adjust.

If teams expose us one way Wade will get away from it and do something else.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
abersonc;1796519 said:
You can say that tomorrow if we win the game. You can't say that now b/c we are pretty much in the same place as last year -- we are a couple of lucky breaks from having the same or worse record as 2006.

So let's put away the anointing oil.
Nah, we ain't getting blown out like that game because we are way better than last year. We certainly might lose but even then we'd likely follow up by winning rather than losing down the stretch.

Get the anointing oil out, I say. Have it on hand. We just may need it soon.

WarC

Reaction score
IMO That game last year was all Sean Payton versus Bill Parcells. Payton had the inside track and knew ahead of time exactly how we were operating and what we would do. I felt bad about that game long before it came...To me that game wasn't exactly "fair", considering how many former Cowboys personnel are on that team's roster and coaching staff.

WarC

Reaction score
fanfromvirginia;1797424 said:
Get the anointing oil out, I say. Have it on hand. We just may need it soon.

Man if we pull this game out convincingly, and survive the horde of angry Packer fans, I'm officially going holy on this season. Superbowl all the way.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
gbertram;1796360 said:

In a way it does, but as for our chances of winning, i think we're way better than we were then. We have 2 defense beasts, Demarcus and Ellis. We have an Offense Trio, Romo, Witten, TO. Then there's the 2 headed beast of running backs that i know are just waiting for a game where they can break out. Gotta Love this team.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Yep, just like last year. Except this time we're in the role of the Saints!