Does Trey Lance have a future at QB? Maybe, but think he legit could compete for RB1 in Oxnard

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s what he’s paid to do lol to me his biggest issue is really reading and decision making. He was raw coming out and hopefully he’s learned a lot about the mental part of the position. Arm talent gets a lot of attention but the mental part separates the good ones from the bad ones
Yup. And most are not capable of the mental part at a high enough level to succeed. Generally, those who can't process fast enough coming in to the NFL never can.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yup. And most are not capable of the mental part at a high enough level to succeed. Generally, those who can't process fast enough coming in to the NFL never can.
Especially the ones with only 400 completions in their entire life span.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He's one of the youngest QB's in NFL...but you are touting the stats for "entire lifetime".

LOL...dude come on.
No he is not. This years draft class is 22 years old or younger. Last years is 23 or younger. Trance is 24 years old.

Keep telling yourself he is younger, is very athletic and has a high ceiling.

He is also the most inexperienced QB in the entire NFL including all rookies that were just drafted. Because of this he has the lowest floor of any QB's ever drafted.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No he is not. This years draft class is 22 years old or younger. Last years is 23 or younger. Trance is 24 years old.

Keep telling yourself he is younger, is very athletic and has a high ceiling.

He is also the most inexperienced QB in the entire NFL including all rookies that were just drafted. Because of this he has the lowest floor of any QB's ever drafted. Name any QB bust you can think of, they all had more experience coming out of college than Trance.

conner01

Reaction score
That’s the thing that concerns me. But he didn’t play much in college so hopefully he can get some better. The odds are not good though

conner01

Reaction score
And you only get that through repetition. You don't get that by holding a clipboard.
And he’s never played much. In college or the pros. We will get some idea after training camp if he’s learned anything watching

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly don't know for sure, but I doubt Trey's ready to assume a starting position without further development. I'm thinking he'll be busy enough competing for a backup spot vs. Rush. Of course, we'll see if Jerry might be willing to keep Lance around as a #3 QB in the event Rush beats him out. I've heard that Rush wants a healthy increase in pay, which might not be to the FO's liking. In any case, we'll be treated to see what happens in that scenario when the time comes. I'm sure a backup QB competition would add something of interest to training camp.

Last edited: