Dolphins announced Josh Rosen as starting QB vs Cowboys

Hdsportsfan

Reaction score
My fear for these short notice QB swaps is you don't have a lot of film on the guy. Also, as bad Fitz can be sometimes every now again he ends up having a monster game.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Rosen will have a career day on Sunday.

Career game as in 4 picks? He already has one with 3 picks and 3 with 2 picks. Averages 3 sacks a game. And 8 games with 0 TDS.

He's got nowhere to go but UP!

1 TD and no picks is UP

king987

Reaction score
Guaranteed moment this Sunday. Rosen throws a TD in the 4th Quarter when Miami is down by 20-30. Fans lose their mind and act like Dallas lost the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Starting Rosen makes sense. The Dolphins need to find out if he’s the answer or if they need to use what may be the #1 overall pick next April on a QB.

stiletto

Reaction score
Starting Rosen makes sense. The Dolphins need to find out if Rosen is the answer or if they need to use what may be the #1 overall pick next April on a QB.

Yeah I am sure they can find out a lot about him with the players they have. LOL

I think Rosen is kinda squeeshy and douchy but what he is being thrown into is 100% not a good situation to judge anything on.

Proof

Reaction score
You don't know by now that Risen Star is jesting? Really? :laugh:
I don't know what funnier, that many of you take him so seriously or that he's actually that funny.

he’s not. And “jesting” is the same as trolling. So analysis is accurate

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure they can find out a lot about him with the players they have. LOL

If he’s worth a darn and has any future as their starting QB he should be able to make a few plays to show he has some potential despite the lack of talent they have. Even as dreadful as the 89 Cowboys were Troy Aikman showed he had potential. He made some plays on that team and left little doubt he was the answer. Rosen needs to show at least something or the Dolphins will be looking for another QB next April. He certainly didn’t show anything in Arizona for them to move on from him after only one year. No point in playing Fitzpatrick he’s certainly not the answer. He’s nothing but a stopgap. Miami knows they’re not going anywhere this season so they want to see what Rosen can do. Makes perfect sense. If you have the right QB even on a dreadful team they can provide a little spark.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cardinals didn’t think Rosen was the answer I seriously doubt Miami will think he’s the answer. It’s going to take an outstanding QB to turn that franchise around. They haven’t had a true franchise QB since Dan Marino.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Sorry as Miami offense is suppose to be. Will this be the game we see our defense get the opponents offense off the field after 3 plays first time out?

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Would’ve got to see more turnovers with Fitzpatrick. Rosen should help them more. Don’t expect a huge blowout like Vegas is saying

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we don’t get at least three sacks on Rosen our lack of a pass rush is going to be our undoing this season unless we find a pass rush by Nov/Dec.

pancakeman

Reaction score
If a tree falls in the forest, but you're deaf, does it make a sound?
You don't have to be trolled. You can simply ignore it and him. I think he's funny. I like his acerbic wit, and I'm glad he's here.
It's almost like people can't ignore post or posters they don't like.
I would have put him on Ignore long ago, except that he also occasionally posts valuable stuff! That’s the thing I hate most about him! :grin:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a good game. I would of wanted Fitz starting. Josh Rosen has something to prove. He’s still young and would want to be a starter somewhere if it’s not in Miami. It’s also us, teams like the Dolphins try hard against teams like us, because it’s there “super bowl.” Anything is possible. Plus, we have a curse, every time there’s a QB change before the week vs us, that QB has a great damn game.

Naw I disagree completely. Fitz has actually done it. He has been the shining star on bad teams. Rosen has never shown anything.

And, for the record, Rosen played last week. He had the luxury of finishing the game against a prevent defense. The result? He was 7 of 18 for 97 yards with a bad interception in the red zone.

stiletto

Reaction score
If he’s worth a darn and has any future as their starting QB he should be able to make a few plays to show he has some potential despite the lack of talent they have. Even as dreadful as the 89 Cowboys were Troy Aikman showed he had potential. He made some plays on that team and left little doubt he was the answer. Rosen needs to show at least something or the Dolphins will be looking for another QB next April. He certainly didn’t show anything in Arizona for them to move on from him after only one year. No point in playing Fitzpatrick he’s certainly not the answer. He’s nothing but a stopgap. Miami knows they’re not going anywhere this season so they want to see what Rosen can do. Makes perfect sense. If you have the right QB even on a dreadful team they can provide a little spark.

Sorry man, the situation he is going in is like putting a newly signed up high school kid on a Higgins boat then tellling him to storm Omaha Beach. Maybe let him start week 12 against the raggedy Jets or something..... Then ok a little more equal...I just don't think he could be put in much worse of a situation and I don't really like him....LOL