Dolphins announced Josh Rosen as starting QB vs Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sorry man, the situation he is going in is like putting a newly signed up high school kid on a Higgins boat then tellling him to storm Omaha Beach. Maybe let him start week 12 against the raggedy Jets or something..... Then ok a little more equal...I just don't think he could be put in much worse of a situation and I don't really like him....LOL

The Dolphins gave up a second round pick for Rosen and the Cowboys defense hasn’t exactly looked like the 85 Bears the first two weeks of the season. We have only two sacks all season and our secondary can’t even catch a poorly thrown ball. We’re going to be playing with some backups on defense Sunday and if we don’t show up to play Rosen might have some success. We’re 2-0 because of our offense. Our defense has gotten us behind early in the first two games against a couple of teams that are 0-2. Unless we come to play on Sunday this might not be the cakewalk some think. There’s a number of defenses in the league that would be a bigger problem for Rosen than the defense we’ve got so far. In the past decade we’ve allowed some average QBs to have career days against us. Matt Flynn, Josh McCown and Colt McCoy just to name a few. I’m certainly not saying Rosen will have success but if we don’t show up to play he might. The Cowboys have a tendency to play down to their competition. Bad things happen when you’re not focused. Hopefully we’ll be ready to play and aren’t looking ahead.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let’s not get full of ourselves the Cowboys are 2-0 against a couple of winless teams. In week one we had a washed up QB in Eli Manning who is currently riding the pine put up over 300 yards and a TD against us. Eli had a 95.1 passer rating. He certainly didn’t look washed up against us. We beat an average QB for the Commanders who will be riding the pine before the season is over. If Rosen is able to have some success against us it’s just going to raise more red flags on the defense. I hate these kind of games against crap teams that if you don’t beat them down it feels like a loss. If we don’t roll them and it’s a competitive game everyone’s going to question how good the Cowboys really are.

Batman1980

Reaction score
We're a top 5 offense and a below average defense. This should surprise no one.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Maybe. After all, a career 226 yards per game QB for the Cowboys looks like a serious MVP candidate.

Stuff happens.

Never mind he has a top 3 talent at RB.

Never mind he had a top 3 3 wideout set until Gallup went down.

Never mind he has a top 3 OL.

Pay no attention to any of that.

catiii

Reaction score
I went into this week knowing that Dolphins defense will shut down Prescott. Rosen was the 10th overall pick in the draft. He's going to put up points. The question is can the Cowboys keep pace with just the running game?
So glad you asked! Not even!!!! I haven't seen anything from the running game that could stay with either the Giants or the Commanders. No passing game, we don't win. Just that simple. :(
Best hope NO ONE shuts down Dak this year......

A fresh QB will be just the thing to invigorate the fins.

Batman1980

Reaction score
So glad you asked! Not even!!!! I haven't seen anything from the running game that could stay with either the Giants or the Commanders. No passing game, we don't win. Just that simple. :(
Best hope NO ONE shuts down Dak this year......

A fresh QB will be just the thing to invigorate the fins.

That's my $108 million runningback!

tenor.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Our defense had 9 sacks after the first two games last season compared to only 2 sacks so far this season. If we can’t get Rosen on the turf a few times Sunday we’re going to have a real problem when we face Green Bay and New England. Our lack of pressure and sacks is a big concern. We’ll see if the addition of Quinn improves the situation.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Our defense had 9 sacks after the first two games last season compared to only 2 sacks so far this season. If we can’t get Rosen on the turf a few times Sunday we’re going to have a real problem when we face Green Bay and New England.

Insert GIF of A-Rod and Tom Shady fixing breakfast and having their morning constitution in the pocket while they wait for their wide receivers to come open.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Insert GIF of A-Rod and Tom Shady fixing breakfast and having their morning constitution in the pocket while they wait for their wide receivers to come open.

We better figure out what the problem is by the time we face Green Bay and New England or those are going be long games. If we don’t get those two QBs on the ground they’ll shred us for TDs.

Batman1980

Reaction score
We better figure out what the problem is by the time we face Green Bay and New England or those are going be long games. If you don’t get those two QBs on the ground they’ll shred us for TDs.

It's the lack of quality pass-rushing DEs aside from Tank and the lack of a consistent backfield penetrating 1T. I think the latter might be a Jerry Jones thing, haven't had a true 1T since Jason Ferguson.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's the lack of quality pass-rushing DEs aside from Tank and the lack of a consistent backfield penetrating 1T. I think the latter might be a Jerry Jones thing, haven't had a true 1T since Jason Ferguson.

Part of the problem is DLaw hasn’t returned to form since his surgery, he missed a lot of time. Plus we don’t have Gregory who had to be accounted for. Hopefully the addition of Quinn will help the situation. It should help free up some defenders. If the pass rush doesn’t improve against this opponent and this QB then we have some real problems defensively. You’re not going to get far without a pass rush regardless how good your offense is. You’re not going to get past teams that have elite QBs without a pass rush.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Quinn does help but that's only 2 guys, we also need players to start catching the ball when it's thrown to them and jumping on fumbles when they come out.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Quinn does help but that's only 2 guys, we also need players to start catching the ball when it's thrown to them and jumping on fumbles when they come out.

I forgot to mention Crawford has bursitis in his hip which has affected his play. There’s several things you can point to as for why the pass rush hasn’t been nearly as good as it was early last season. The lack of takeaways is another reason.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Crawford is a China doll with minimal pass rushing talent but he's a Marinelli favourite because he's a try hard.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Just imagine how dynamic our pass rush could’ve been had Gregory and Irving not had their issues. The potential was there for a dynamic pass rush.