Dolphins Are Releasing Taco Charlton

Carson

Reaction score
Rumors and speculations surrounding Taco's attitude notwithstanding, two teams have now released a former first round draft choice within the first five years of his career.

I am afraid Taco will be forever labeled as an uncoachable first round bust

I just don’t get it.

Keep your head down, yes sir no sir everything, bust your hump. Make millions

That Missouri bloodline lol. Mostly all busts. Smith was one of the only ones to have production but can’t stay on the field.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Taco was this team's worst first-round pick in many years. At best maybe someone will sign him for depth at or near the league minimum, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the CFL.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Taco was this team's worst first-round pick in many years. At best maybe someone will sign him for depth at or near the league minimum, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the CFL.

I think he'd quit first. His work this isn't good enough to put in the effort to try to resuscitate a quickly failing NFL career. It's 'everybody else', never 'him'.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I think he'd quit first. His work this isn't good enough to put in the effort to try to resuscitate a quickly failing NFL career. It's 'everybody else', never 'him'.

That's a good point. The CFL is often an opportunity for a player who didn't quite make it in the NFL to prove himself, but that would take a good work ethic and dedication. If he can't muster that up, he'll fail there as well. The CFL may have an overall lower level of talent than the NFL, but it's a good league, just like the NCAA is good.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Attitude ended Taco's career at both places. I'm curious to see if he's done in the NFL or the right coach comes along, fixes his attitude and saves his career. I don't even know who that would be.
How do you fix a persons attitude/personality with coaching?

this isn’t little league or high school ball.. these are grown men who probably are who they are gonna be for the rest of their lives

lmao I’m sorry not a bash on you but this starts with Taco himself and probably a self inflated ego... when you were on one of the worst teams showing promise and they still sit you should be a red fire alarm how much of a distraction you are in a locker room that was obviously “Tanking for Tua”

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How are sacks not equal? Well for one, does it come by defeating double teams like DLaw has to do? Were they all explosive sacks or give ups that counted in the stats like Tacos sack vs Dak where Dak should have just thrown the ball at the sideline but instead stepped out with Taco chasing him. Taco never tackled him.

How many pressures did they generate besides just a few flashy plays? Sacks are like batting average. They are an old countable stat but the better stat is getting consistent pressure because that has more of an impact every down than just one play out of 50 a game.

Ideally you want both pressures and sacks, but I’d rather have a guy with a ton of pressure and not as many sacks than a guy with a middle number of sacks but no pressures.

DLaw should have had more success with Quinn on the other side. He also should’ve had more success considering he was healthy and wasn’t playing hurt like he did last season. Quinn led the team with 11.5 sacks. DLaw didn’t have to deal with anything different last season than he’s had to deal with in previous seasons. NFL Network analyzed his play last season. Willie McGinest said DLaw didn’t show the motor that he had shown in previous seasons. They highlighted a couple of plays where he appeared to take the plays off. He’s seen his share of double teams before and it didn’t stop him. Taco only started 5 games for the Miami and led them in sacks last season with 5. The next closest player had 3.5 sacks. They only had 23 sacks all season. If a player is getting sacks they’re getting pressures, they go hand-in-hand. There’s a lot of near misses. We’ll see if DLaw rebounds or his best days are behind him now that he has his money.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
How do you fix a persons attitude/personality with coaching?

this isn’t little league or high school ball.. these are grown men who probably are who they are gonna be for the rest of their lives

lmao I’m sorry not a bash on you but this starts with Taco himself and probably a self inflated ego... when you were on one of the worst teams showing promise and they still sit you should be a red fire alarm how much of a distraction you are in a locker room that was obviously “Tanking for Tua”
I'm a retired military man. Don't ever tell me grown men's attitudes can't be corrected. It's done with leadership and winning that man's heart by showing you care and have his best interests in mind. A superior attitude always triumphs over an inferior one. Of course there those individuals that aren't worth the time and energy but those people don't usually get to college and make it to the NFL in the first place.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
"Club sources complained Charlton’s attitude was not what the Dolphins had hoped." Attitude is ultimately what ended Taco Charlton's time in Dallas as well, even after what appeared to be improvement last pre-season.

I mean who couda guessed this??

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I'm a retired military man. Don't ever tell me grown men's attitudes can't be corrected. It's done with leadership and winning that man's heart by showing you care and have his best interests in mind. A superior attitude always triumphs over an inferior one. Of course there those individuals that aren't worth the time and energy but those people don't usually get to college and make it to the NFL in the first place.
It’s attitude and lack of talent with Taco. Watch the film. He will not be back in the NFL!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s attitude and lack of talent with Taco. Watch the film. He will not be back in the NFL!
Attitude is fixable. He would not have fooled the scouts to the degree that got him drafted in the first round if talent was the issue. I don't need to watch any more film on this guy. He is redeemable.