Domestic violence expert shares details of NFL's Ezekiel Elliott investigation

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Interesting read. SBNation has an article by Jenna Thomas who interviewed, Tonya Lovelace, one of the four people reviewing the evidence against Zeke. Not sure if this is supposed to be in the Drama section? I bolded the main discussion points but better to read the article instead of just bits.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/21/...ation-domestic-violence-expert-tonya-lovelace

SB Nation spoke to Tonya Lovelace, one of the independent advisers the NFL appointed to the investigation.

by Jeanna Thomas@jeannathomas Aug 21, 2017, 10:28am EDT

How the process worked
How the advisers pieced together the events
How the outcome was reached

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Her answers sounded like political spin. She gave no specifics on why she came to those conclusions. I only wonder if she was already preconditioned for her conclusion.

She was and / or she was paid off.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“And as a young African-American man, I do have some interest in his well-being and a particular investment in his wellness and his well-being."

So disappointing.

Reaction score
Get this thing knocked down to 3 games, take your medicine and move on.

Best case scenario.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NQaY5Vbh.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Independent to Goodell and Mara and Friel means they independently selected her from a list of biased haters.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“She’s a whole person. She is a real person experiencing violence and trying to figure out what to do.”

What she figured she would do is lie, and try (and fail) to get others to lie for her.

I was going to take issue with that 'experiencing violence' part, but then I remembered she got her *** kicked in that bar fight, with witnesses.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score

Best case scenario.

It seems like the only way this all plays out. Even if he is innocent the NFL has the power to cast judgement no matter what. It seems like the best thing for him to do is take 3 games and come back. A shame because every anti cowboys joke from other fans will be Zeke the "woman beater" but dude may have never done anything. A shame really but it doesn't surprise me because the media rules our perception.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Best case scenario.

Not good enough. If it goes to 2 games, then the wording needs to be changed and the DV part and woman beater parts must be removed. And the NFL need to publicly apologize and recant that part.

Then claim personal conduct policy on the pulling down the top incident. Though 2 games is a bit harsh for that.

I think they go no games or go to court, no settlement.

Reaction score
Not good enough. If it goes to 2 games, then the wording needs to be changed and the DV part and woman beater parts must be removed. And the NFL need to publicly apologize and recant that part.

Then claim personal conduct policy on the pulling down the top incident. Though 2 games is a bit harsh for that.

I think they go no games or go to court, no settlement.
Interesting take. I think there may very well be some negotiation. The NFL may soften the language a bit because of the accuser. No way the NFL apologises though.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
If they truly have evidence that the public or police haven't seen, that helped them come to their decision, then there is no reason to keep it hidden.

Sydla

Reaction score
“She’s a whole person. She is a real person experiencing violence and trying to figure out what to do.”

What she figured she would do is lie, and try (and fail) to get others to lie for her.

The panel and the NFL have done what Elliott's camp has said they have done.............. they have pretty much ignored any and all evidence that points to the alleged victim's credibility. It's clear when you read that letter, heard Harvey talk and now Lovelace.