Domestic violence expert shares details of NFL's Ezekiel Elliott investigation

Reaction score
If they truly have evidence that the public or police haven't seen, that helped them come to their decision, then there is no reason to keep it hidden.
I believe that for legal reasons, the league cannot release the data. However if Zeke wishes to do so, he can.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Her answers sounded like political spin. She gave no specifics on why she came to those conclusions. I only wonder if she was already preconditioned for her conclusion.
If you've read their report critically there's no question.

Their statement is a travesty.

They lied about the reliability of witnesses.

They omitted the conflicting conclusions from their medical advisors.

They omitted the conflicting conclusions of their investigator about TTs credibility.

Honest assessments of their conclusion don't require lying to the general public. They don't include worthless and laughable statements about the victim being her own eyewitness. And they don't leave out the portions of their investigation that dispute their conclusions. They don't form their conclusion before hearing the side of the accused (seriously go read their statement and then look at the timing of the investigation. They made their decision and presented Zeke with a fait accompli according to the timeline and their statement reads exactly like that with Zeke's side tacked onto the end as an afterthought). Hack jobs include all of those though.

Reaction score
If you've read their report critically there's no question.

Their statement is a travesty.

They lied about the reliability of witnesses.

They omitted the conflicting conclusions from their medical advisors.

They omitted the conflicting conclusions of their investigator about TTs credibility.

Honest assessments of their conclusion don't require lying to the general public. They don't include worthless and laughable statements about the victim being her own eyewitness. And they don't leave out the portions of their investigation that dispute their conclusions. Hack jobs include all of those though.
These might all be arguments his legal team may make, among others.

But he's going to get suspended. It's just a matter of the number of games. There is no way around it. It will happen.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
These might all be arguments his legal team may make, among others.

But he's going to get suspended. It's just a matter of the number of games. There is no way around it. It will happen.
Never said otherwise. Just pointing out the flawed nature of this witch hunt.

Reaction score
Never said otherwise. Just pointing out the flawed nature of this witch hunt.
Lets just hope his legal team is persuasive enough to bring this down to 2 or 3 games.

Zeke, and the team, needs to get this distraction behind them as soon as possible. There are games they need to win.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Her answers sounded like political spin. She gave no specifics on why she came to those conclusions. I only wonder if she was already preconditioned for her conclusion.

First of all they said they used a process for determining other abuses happened. Why don't they release it?

Secondly, it doesn't go into detail who their doctors was and how they came to the conclusion that Zeke was the one who created those bruises. They didn't even talk about her bar fight with another women which was collaborated by witnesses and the authorities.

Lastly, it still didn't say how they reached their conclusion that Zeke was guilty. Just saying his guilty doesn't make him guilty.

The writer is only cherry picking and is only presenting one side of the argument.

So this is another one of those puff pieces that biased against Zeke. Bad article and poorly written.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The whole thing stinks. The NFL appoints some one who is basically an advocate, than only presents them with the evidence that they deem relevant.

Hardly seems like a fair or impartial process.

From her linkedin page. Please tell me she isn't bias.
close to 19 years of direct service, advocacy, systems change, project development and management, and national, state, and local anti-oppression and cultural competency training experience within the anti-violence against women movement

Last edited:

jday

Reaction score
Interesting read. SBNation has an article by Jenna Thomas who interviewed, Tonya Lovelace, one of the four people reviewing the evidence against Zeke. Not sure if this is supposed to be in the Drama section? I bolded the main discussion points but better to read the article instead of just bits.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/21/...ation-domestic-violence-expert-tonya-lovelace

SB Nation spoke to Tonya Lovelace, one of the independent advisers the NFL appointed to the investigation.

by Jeanna Thomas@jeannathomas Aug 21, 2017, 10:28am EDT

How the process worked
How the advisers pieced together the events
How the outcome was reached
Oh...so...it's a dog and pony show? Why didn't they just say that?:huh:

I want my 5 minutes back!!! :angry:

<Storms out>

:muttley:

Reaction score
The whole thing stinks. The NFL appoints some one who is basically an advocate, than only presents them with the evidence that they deem relevant.

Maybe. But it's all within the confines of the CBA.

Blame tbe players union for that.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
“She’s a whole person. She is a real person experiencing violence and trying to figure out what to do.”

What she figured she would do is lie, and try (and fail) to get others to lie for her.

It's unbelievable how the police and the DA failed to apply the "Whole Person" argument when investigating this incident? Obviously the "Whole Person" argument trumps lying, extortion, conspiracy, obstruction, etc.

jday

Reaction score

To say nothing of their appetite to set an example in their crusade to fix the NFL. And it's not something that truly can be fixed. In the heat of the moment an abusive man is not thinking about his career, money, or his love of football. He is acting on learned behavior...pure and simple.

Zeke was guilty to that jury before they looked at the evidence.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
At least she didn't come off as an idiot like Peter Harvey did.

But, in the end all Lovelace did was confirm how they came to the conclusion.

They had meta-data (we still don't know who gave them the meta-data) that showed that Thompson took those pictures on the 19th and was in Columbus at the time. And again, even *if* that meta-data is accurate it really doesn't prove anything against Elliott. Elliott never denied being in Columbus at the time and never denied that he had a relationship (albeit a sexual one) with Thompson.

What Lovelace fails to point out, along with Thomas failing to ask about this, is how their investigation consisted of forcing Elliott to try and explain where the bruises came from. This is being presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Lovelace also neglects the fact that FIVE different eyewitnesses gave sworn affidavits stating that they saw NO bruises on Thompson prior to the fight she had. In fact, these witnesses had seen her as early as the 16th up until right before the fight. And that Chiedu Bosah had taken a pic of him, EE and Thompson on the 21st and Thompson had no bruises.

Then you combine that with lying to cops (in front of 6 people) and then trying to get her friend to lie to police for her...this is more than about being a 'bad victim.' This is about the evidence not matching up and one has to wonder if the meta-data evidence (which still proves nothing) was legitimate.

YR

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

Lovelace also neglects the fact that FIVE different eyewitnesses gave sworn affidavits stating that they saw NO bruises on Thompson prior to the fight she had. ....

Then you combine that with lying to cops (in front of 6 people) and then trying to get her friend to lie to police for her.....

YR

So basically the NFL is saying 6 people (those 5 people and Elliott) are liars and that a proven liar is telling the truth. Huh........:cool:

jrumann59

Reaction score
so an expert on domestic violence sees domestic violence, color me surprised.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
At least she didn't come off as an idiot like Peter Harvey did.

But, in the end all Lovelace did was confirm how they came to the conclusion.

They had meta-data (we still don't know who gave them the meta-data) that showed that Thompson took those pictures on the 19th and was in Columbus at the time. And again, even *if* that meta-data is accurate it really doesn't prove anything against Elliott. Elliott never denied being in Columbus at the time and never denied that he had a relationship (albeit a sexual one) with Thompson.

What Lovelace fails to point out, along with Thomas failing to ask about this, is how their investigation consisted of forcing Elliott to try and explain where the bruises came from. This is being presumed guilty until proven innocent.

Lovelace also neglects the fact that FIVE different eyewitnesses gave sworn affidavits stating that they saw NO bruises on Thompson prior to the fight she had. In fact, these witnesses had seen her as early as the 16th up until right before the fight. And that Chiedu Bosah had taken a pic of him, EE and Thompson on the 21st and Thompson had no bruises.

Then you combine that with lying to cops (in front of 6 people) and then trying to get her friend to lie to police for her...this is more than about being a 'bad victim.' This is about the evidence not matching up and one has to wonder if the meta-data evidence (which still proves nothing) was legitimate.

YR
Is the picture with the three of them in the police report? I missed it? Another huge piece of evidence for Zeke. With that listening to Moose on the way home last night even he doesn't think the suspension will get dropped. I haven't heard too many outside of our zone circle here who think there is a remote chance. Either way I just hope the fans get some real closure with this issue cause if he is guilty I will never wear his jersey again.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Is the picture with the three of them in the police report? I missed it? Another huge piece of evidence for Zeke. With that listening to Moose on the way home last night even he doesn't think the suspension will get dropped. I haven't heard too many outside of our zone circle here who think there is a remote chance. Either way I just hope the fans get some real closure with this issue cause if he is guilty I will never wear his jersey again.

Bosah attached the picture to the affidavit. But, we don't see the picture in the public records for whatever reason:

cb.png

Bosah was one of FIVE witnesses that gave sworn affidavits that they never saw bruises/cuts/etc. on Thompson prior to the fight.

YR