Don’t panic. Drink some Coffee; Skip the Koolaide

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This reminds me of diehard's thread about drinking cool aid. The one that points to how it doesn't matter who the coaches or players are, thinks tend to stay the same under Jerry, who is the real problem.
While it hasn’t mattered too much who our coaching is it has mattered who our talent is.

We’ve actually had a few good teams that came close to reaching a championship game this era. 2007, 2014 and 2016.

But yes, I’ve maintained Jerry is the one constant throughout and his control has been the core issue.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get your defensive argument . But we had ample opportunities in 4th qtr offensively to get it done.

Yes, our defense still will be an issue for us. But we are built to dominate offensively. I’m not saying I agree with how we’ve been built but that’s our reality.

This was a game given we luckily only gave up 20 points should have been enough for our offense to pull it out. This team isn’t built to win games with our offense only scoring 17 points K.

And the D had ample opportunities to stop them and didn't.

Seriously, this was a fail on many levels. Don't let that BSPN crapp help you put it on one thing.

kskboys

Reaction score
While it hasn’t mattered too much who our coaching is it has mattered who our talent is.

We’ve actually had a few good teams that came close to reaching a championship game this era. 2007, 2014 and 2016.

But yes, I’ve maintained Jerry is the one constant throughout and his control has been the core issue.
I don't believe any of those teams were close.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And the D had ample opportunities to stop them and didn't.

Seriously, this was a fail on many levels. Don't let that BSPN crapp help you put it on one thing.
Go back to the 4th qtr when the games balance was still very much in reach. We made some stops defensible to get the ball back but couldn’t muster anything beyond the one drive we failed on 4th and 3.

Maybe that’s why Mike went for it. He knew we might not get back down there again.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't believe any of those teams were close.
I said close to a championship game not winning it all. You’re reading what you want not what I said.

We were a possession away in all of those games from reaching our 1st championship game this era. Very close.

I agree. None probably would have made Super Bowl. But you don’t know until you play the game.

kskboys

Reaction score
Go back to the 4th qtr when the games balance was still very much in reach. We made some stops defensible to get the ball back but couldn’t muster anything beyond the one drive we failed on 4th and 3.

Maybe that’s why Mike went for it. He knew we might not get back down there again.
Our D made some plays. So did Dak. Doesn't resolve either of bad play.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our D made some plays. So did Dak. Doesn't resolve either of bad play.
I haven’t even mentioned Dak. I’ve just called out our offense.

You can’t expect this team to win only putting up 17 points K. We didn’t last year and haven’t very many times in this era.

Landrys words were brutally correct.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes our defense is still a major concern for us. But how many games are we winning this year putting up only 17 points.

We’ve seen this all too often in recent years.We had 5 possessions in 2nd half and only put up 3 points. With this talent on offense.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
I haven’t even mentioned Dak. I’ve just called out our offense.

You can’t expect this team to win only putting up 17 points K. We didn’t last year and haven’t very many times in this era.

Landrys words were brutally correct.
I don't. You also can't expect this team to win w/ an 18-5 TOP deficit. I am calling out DAK.

The O and D both blew last night. Maybe one was worse, but that doesn't excuse the other.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes our defense is still a major concern for us. But how many games are we winning this year putting up only 17 points.

We’ve seen this all too often in recent years.We had 5 possessions in 2nd half and only put up 3 points. With this talent on offense.
Can't disagree w/ that.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

sometimes the talent, almost overcomes the problem. And to be clear for others, the problem is not so much the talent here, or even the drafting at this current stage. The coaching has been lackluster and it is part of the problem but not the main problem. The problem is the talent has to be able to fully respect the coaching, and the coaching needs to have full control. These stories in the past where people brought their problems directly to Jerry instead of whoever was the headcoach, that shows something is wrong with the locker room culture here. You hear stories of how Emmitt and Irvin looked at the ring of honor and had one goal. How everyone in the locker room in the early 90's were focused on a championship. That hunger to win that is what is lacking here, and you don't get that if there is something wrong with the locker room culture. You don't get that if they coach doesn't have full control. And now we have fans who think mediocre is good, since we've been mediocre for so long...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sometimes the talent, almost overcomes the problem. And to be clear for others, the problem is not so much the talent here, or even the drafting at this current stage. The coaching has been lackluster and it is part of the problem but not the main problem. The problem is the talent has to be able to fully respect the coaching, and the coaching needs to have full control. These stories in the past where people brought their problems directly to Jerry instead of whoever was the headcoach, that shows something is wrong with the locker room culture here. You hear stories of how Emmitt and Irvin looked at the ring of honor and had one goal. How everyone in the locker room in the early 90's were focused on a championship. That hunger to win that is what is lacking here, and you don't get that if there is something wrong with the locker room culture. You don't get that if they coach doesn't have full control. And now we have fans who think mediocre is good, since we've been mediocre for so long...
Jerry set himself up over a qtr century ago as the face of the franchise and the de-facto center of the culture. His verbosity with reporters and involvement with players beyond the normal line that is not crossed by owners or GMs has created a culture that supersedes whoever is head coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Speaking of Jethro .

I saw him in the booth all alone with no mask on. I was impressed he showed up. But did anyone see him mingling with any players or anybody for that matter? I didn’t even see Stephen or Jerry Jr who normally flank his side.