Don’t panic. Drink some Coffee; Skip the Koolaide

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m always amused at the “opinion police” patrolling an opinion forum looking for offenders. It’s truly an oxymoron in line with great ones like “he’s a deeply superficial person”, lol.
Yeah, but Greg is fun to palaver w/, and if you can get the right info and facts, he can be convinced to change his mind.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That pass was great. The rest of the game was nearly below average. Super low 3rd down conversation percentage, didn't put up enough points to win. He had lots of off target throws throughout the game and most were drive killers. Not sure we watched the same game.
Yes, low 3rd down %, some of which were running plays, and some of which were from sacks and passes tipped at the LOS, and Schultz dropped a couple.

And yes, they didn't score enough points, but as always, it's nonsense to put that entirely on the QB. He does share the blame, there is no question about that, but clearly the most inconsistent part of the offense was the O-Line.

Let's also keep in mind that the defense allowed the Rams offense to control possession much of the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
can you ever get enough of yourself. i have always bashed jerry the gm. he sucks. stephen is not his daddy. i suppose you think your going door to door to sell insurance qualifies you to think you'd be better at making 100 million dollar deals for players than stephen, but i strongly suggest its just your butt speaking.
Of course. This is where you begin to insult and attack the messenger cause you don’t like message. How childish. And I’ve never sold an insurance policy in my life. I wasn’t an agent.

cern

Reaction score
Of course. This is where you begin to insult and attack the messenger cause you don’t like message. How childish. And I’ve never sold an insurance policy in my life. I wasn’t an agent.
my apologies. you were the country's leading football critic.

catiii

Reaction score
Drinking Koolaide makes you angry when you lose. Drinking coffee wakes you up.
I've had an entire pot of coffee and I'm still pissed off Bob :( I had low expectations and bet we'd lose in the Just for fun Thread. The FG decision will go down in history
as Garrett's icing the kicker move as someone else suggested. It was THAT bad of a call.

kskboys

Reaction score
"I can't get a date because I'm too good looking"
OK, now that there is just frickin' funny!!!!!

I once got to date a chick at college who was simply beyond fine. I asked her out, and we had a great time. Nope, didn't get THAT. I was outkicking my coverage by football fields, but she told me that no one would ask her out due to her excessive good looks. We went out as friends several times after that. I was just happy to be seen w/ her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
With Atlanta and Seattle up next we will know exactly what this team is going to be in a couple weeks.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've had an entire pot of coffee and I'm still pissed off Bob :( I had low expectations and bet we'd lose in the Just for fun Thread. The FG decision will go down in history
as Garrett's icing the kicker move as someone else suggested. It was THAT bad of a call.
Don’t disagree with you. It will be interesting to see if this is a one game thing or a pattern. We just can’t know yet. Lots of football to be played before we know what this team is.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don’t disagree with you. It will be interesting to see if this is a one game thing or a pattern. We just can’t know yet. Lots of football to be played before we know what this team is.
Yup. One of the things we desperately need to see from McC. Adjustments. We got none w/ JG. We need to see some adjustment changes. If not, McC is the same ol' thing.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Get yourselves away from the ledge. Start breathing, relax it was one lousy game and the season is not lost. We will be just fine there were many positives from last night going forward.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, low 3rd down %, some of which were running plays, and some of which were from sacks and passes tipped at the LOS, and Schultz dropped a couple.

And yes, they didn't score enough points, but as always, it's nonsense to put that entirely on the QB. He does share the blame, there is no question about that, but clearly the most inconsistent part of the offense was the O-Line.

Let's also keep in mind that the defense allowed the Rams offense to control possession much of the game.
The rams had the ball 36 minutes to the Cowboys 24. If your opponent controls the ball 60% of the time, it puts more pressure on your offense. The O should have played better. But the defense allowed 9/17 3rd down conversions. That’s awful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
my apologies. you were the country's leading football critic.
The Homers just can’t handle the criticism.

101 of the Internet. Attack and insult anyone who opposes your opinion in an attempt to discredit the message.

I’ve made my agenda very clear from Day 1. If you don’t like it , fine. Ignore and move on. Or wager your best rebuttal. But when you take it personal, insult and attack then is where this forum setting has forever changed the curriculum.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. One of the things we desperately need to see from McC. Adjustments. We got none w/ JG. We need to see some adjustment changes. If not, McC is the same ol' thing.
When things go south, that’s when you find who can coach and who can’t. With LVE, Jarwin and Collins out, can this HC Coach this team up? The answer to that question will probably determine a lot about the rest of the season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Get yourselves away from the ledge. Start breathing, relax it was one lousy game and the season is not lost. We will be just fine there were many positives from last night going forward.
Get away from the ledge. We're simply discussing stuff.

mrmojo

Reaction score
After last night I've made peace with myself that we are just not that good. The defense is worst then last year, if that's possible...the secondary and LBs have not improved.......and the O line is regressing. But Ill take your advice and take a step back, enjoy my coffee and see what happens next week.

ShortRound

Reaction score
We had 1/16th of the season last night. These boards look like we lost a playoff game, lol.

We had a LONG offseason to wait. I'm trying to calm down, I was not happy last night lol.

RlRzvAp.gif