Don’t pay RB

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the Zeke contract will most certainly cause problems for teams currently enjoying great RB's on rookie contracts. We'll see how the good FO's steer clear of the contract signed by the Cowboys.

terra

Reaction score
So the premise is that if you get an Emmitt Smith you say bye bye after the rookie contract runs out.

Just plain dumb.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Giving Zeke that contract might be the dumbest thing Jerry the GM has ever done. The results have been so predictable.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
LOL Tyron? I swear some of you must not watch football.
Tyron can still play. His issue is playing the full 17 games. He can’t be counted on to do that. Zeke and DLaw??? Zeke is finished as a big time back. DLaw is an above average DE that is nothing special.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Tyron can still play. His issue is playing the full 17 games. He can’t be counted on to do that. Zeke and DLaw??? Zeke is finished as a big time back. DLaw is an above average DE that is nothing special.
I said Tyron because his contract is incredible for a player of his caliber. He may miss time. However when hes on the field hes dominating still. No need to cut a guy like that.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I said Tyron because his contract is incredible for a player of his caliber. He may miss time. However when hes on the field hes dominating still. No need to cut a guy like that.
I still like Tyron. When healthy he is still a dominant player. The other two aren’t worth half their contracts.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cherry picking or not, the point is obvious. . U can find an effective back in any round of the draft. Every RB is replaceble.

It's a wasted pick to draft a RB in the early rounds. The best RB in the league will suck without an effective oline. But an average RB can look elite with a good line.

YAWN to this entire thread and all responses that are all in hindsight and too late to keep dragging out old narratives.. so creative and new :facepalm::popcorn:

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Better yet that shipped sailed like 3 yrs ago beating dead horse is illegal

48429593.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score
I think we headed toward no contract after rookie contract, according to the Salaryologists.

RaZon

Reaction score
I do believe if a team has a defense and a QB, they can win with one contract RB's.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
That speaks for itself!!!

It has nothing to do with pay. It has a lot to do with use to win games.

I think there are 3 1st round picks on that list and one top 5 pick. However, if you are not using the running back to control the clock, in the passing game, and creatively in the redzone, you can not run to win.

Pass to score, run to win, and defense wins championships. Football 101.

RonWashington

Reaction score
# 20 is a FA come 2023 . Jerry’s got a pen & a phone just waiting to sign bills …

Flamma

Reaction score
I do believe if a team has a defense and a QB, they can win with one contract RB's.

True. Most players are 26 after their rookie contract. What kind of extension would you want to give a 26 year old RB?

Some might turn out to be freaks like Henry, but not many.

RaZon

Reaction score
True. Most players are 26 after their rookie contract. What kind of extension would you want to give a 26 year old RB?

Some might turn out to be freaks like Henry, but not many.

A guy like Henry or Jonathan Taylor ya might resign but no silly $$$$$$. Just too many running backs out there.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I like how Percy Harvin is on the list. He didn't even play that season. He had 3 rushes for the entirety of 2013 including the playoffs and Super Bowl.
Percy was on the list because he was technically "super bowl winners leading rusher" (his 2 carries in that game still netted more yards than boths teams rbs)