Don’t pay RB

vlad

Reaction score
Zeke is better

hey gp, you may know I don’t care internet fights, so genuine question here- why do you think he’s better? thx

i personally never saw him get much more than what was there - now I think he is an elite blocker and maybe no tougher power runner than him, but otherwise good but imho not some generational player. I don’t see any meaningful separation between say him and demarco Murray yet no one speaks about them in the same breath. To me that is Jerry marketing at its finest.

We’ve seen so many carries with unexceptional results over years of sample size. And I’m not speaking about 50 yard runs, more like 3 when 8 seemed right there, or 4 when 14 seemed available to a capable player.

Watching Taylor run just seems worlds apart

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Were gonna get screwed with Zeke contract for at least a couple more years. I agree paying a RB is silly, and money should be used for DT or OL

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
hey gp, you may know I don’t care internet fights, so genuine question here- why do you think he’s better? thx

i personally never saw him get much more than what was there - now I think he is an elite blocker and maybe no tougher power runner than him, but otherwise good but imho not some generational player. I don’t see any meaningful separation between say him and demarco Murray yet no one speaks about them in the same breath. To me that is Jerry marketing at its finest.

We’ve seen so many carries with unexceptional results over years of sample size. And I’m not speaking about 50 yard runs, more like 3 when 8 seemed right there, or 4 when 14 seemed available to a capable player.

I think he had a bad season and was injured He will be better this season

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
fair enough and I do hope you’re right because jerry I imagine won’t let his role lessen so we need him
I want to see the Cowboys draft 1 of those dime a dozen running backs everyone talks about.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

zeke

1200+ APY. 12 TDS

torn PCL

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The Rams should give us hope. They severely overpaid a RB in Gurley, who was useless in the Superbowl. And were still able to get back in a few years. The key is they weren't afraid to take risk, cut there losses and upgrade when opportunity presented itself.

They don’t have our GM either, there GM has to produce or else, our’s will not get fired by the Owner.

John813

Reaction score

IMO Murray was the better runner between the two.

For all the hype on Zeke, he owns no records here, other than being the highest paid RB. Murray is #1 in single game rushing yards and most rushing yards & yards from scrimmage in a season.
Only thing Zeke was better at was staying healthy his first 4 years here and pass protection. Both had fumbling issues at times.

Murray even in his later, "slower" years with Titans posted back to back years of a longest rush of 75 yards.

Recently, most teams who have drafted RB's high have not gotten their moneys worth.

Fournette was a bust in Jax. Saquon and CMC couldn't stay healthy and Zeke fell off quickly.

Zeke looked to of been a great RB, but maybe it's wear and tear, or maybe the limelight in Dallas was distracting etc... He looked good to start the year, but hardly to the point of saying he's irreplaceable or on the same level of Taylor/Henry.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
The Rams should give us hope. They severely overpaid a RB in Gurley, who was useless in the Superbowl. And were still able to get back in a few years. The key is they weren't afraid to take risk, cut there losses and upgrade when opportunity presented itself.

They have a real GM though.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Percy was on the list because he was technically "super bowl winners leading rusher" (his 2 carries in that game still netted more yards than boths teams rbs)

No, I get it. It's just stupid.