Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Passer rating:
Hurts 101.5
Jones 92.5
Dak 91.1

QBR:
Hurts 66.3
Jones 60.8
Dak 57.9

For at least this season, Dak was the 3rd best QB in the division.

Before the "but Dak has bad teammates" arguments pop up:
Phil without Hurts 0-2
NYG without Jones 0-1
Dallas without Dak 4-1

Creeper

Reaction score
Hurts had a good year operating behind a great team. But look at his last 4 games. He had QBR of 64.6, 65.1, 112.2, and 72.3. I noticed in his last game against the 49ers, and even in the previous game against the 49ers he was not the same QB who play pinpoint accurate earlier in the year. Maybe it's his injury. Maybe his bubble burst. But these are Bad Dak numbers and if it continues, are we going to anoint him?

I thought the Eagles will demolish the Chiefs because the Chiefs are more banged up than the Eagles. But if Hurts plays at a 65 QBR level, the Chiefs may have a good chance to beat the Eagles.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Only thing I will argue is that I think Mahomes wins the MVP. The Chiefs had a tougher schedule, Mahomes has less weapons on offense than Hurts, Philly has a much better OLine, and Philly has a better defense which gives the Eagles offense more opportunities. I doubt very seriously that Hurts could do what he is doing if he played for the Chiefs this year. Meanwhile, put Mahomes on that Eagles team and they are scary good.

mcmvp

Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
Mahomes will win the MVP

Ken

Reaction score
How can you say this? Are you using something other than passer rating or QBR? The old eye test perhaps?
I'm using Dak beat him head to head this year. I know we don't use that when it is in Dak's favor but it is a fact.

I am using it because DJ threw 15 whole tds this year in 16 games. Dak threw 23 in 12 games.

CWR

Reaction score
One year, if he keeps it up and Dak continues down this path than absolutely you give Hurts that.

However, recency bias isn't going to erase the past few seasons. I will say Hurts was better this year in any event.
Although, I wasn't like most the board who constantly trashed Hurts in the first place. It's ironic the same guys who repeatedly said he was garbage are the same who can't wait to crown him now.

Proof

Reaction score
Only thing I will argue is that I think Mahomes wins the MVP. The Chiefs had a tougher schedule, Mahomes has less weapons on offense than Hurts, Philly has a much better OLine, and Philly has a better defense which gives the Eagles offense more opportunities. I doubt very seriously that Hurts could do what he is doing if he played for the Chiefs this year. Meanwhile, put Mahomes on that Eagles team and they are scary good.
mahomes is winning mvp, hurts had an outstanding year but think it was more a product of the team around him and don't see him sustaining. dak has played poorly enough for me to give hurts the nod though until we see the decline and similar poor play