Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

Ken

Reaction score
How many Int's did DJ throw this year, just curious.
He threw 5. For a league leading 1.1% int percentage.

He also was near the bottom in TD%, which tells me he took 0 risk with his throws. Can't win that way, hence why they never beat Philly or Dallas this year.

mcmvp

Reaction score
He threw 5. For a league leading 1.1% int percentage.

He also was near the bottom in TD%, which tells me he took 0 risk with his throws. Can't win that way, hence why they never beat Philly or Dallas this year.
LOL...well that is certainly one way to look at it. Something tells me that if the situation was reversed, and it was Dak that led the NFL in INT%, you would say it was because of his superior decision making skills.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
Hurts > Dak, but Mahomes body of work and consistent excellence through Rodgers 2 recent MVP campaigns will give him the edge for MVP this time around, imo.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL...well that is certainly one way to look at it. Something tells me that if the situation was reversed, and it was Dak that led the NFL in INT%, you would say it was because of his superior decision making skills.
Dak has always been high in Passing TD%.

I know stats may be hard for you but these things being completely inversed is not a good sign for the QB.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I'm using Dak beat him head to head this year. I know we don't use that when it is in Dak's favor but it is a fact.

I am using it because DJ threw 15 whole tds this year in 16 games. Dak threw 23 in 12 games.
Thanks just wanted to make sure that it wasn't any of the universally recognized efficiency indicators for QB play.

Toro9

Reaction score
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
I like Hurts but hate the Eagles. Same thing happened with Vick and Randall Cunningham

mcmvp

Reaction score
Dak has always been high in Passing TD%.
Being on the higher side in TD% is nice and all…but when you lead the league in INT% it sort of negates that. And most of his interceptions were not because he was taking risks as much as it was him making the wrong decision or telegraphing a throw.

Dak brings more to the table in terms of production compared to DJ, yes. DJ protected the ball better (at least this year).

I don’t think DJ is a better QB than Dak. I just know that if either one of them were the QB for my team, I would be hoping the organization would be looking to upgrade the position.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
I like Hurts but hate the Eagles. Same thing happened with Vick and Randall Cunningham
I dont think i hated a player more than Vick, him being on the eagles didnt help either.
I liked Cunningham and Mcnabb though

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
DJ i think had a worse receiving core than we did and his oline isnt as good as ours.
I still think hes pretty meh, but like Dak, wonder once he gets better weapons what hell do. I think dak at his best is better than any NFC east qb by far, but too bad hes at his best every other week.

JayFord

Reaction score
He's 2nd best right now behind hurts....and an argument can be made that the WHOLE body of work would put Dak above Hurts but being in MVP discussion and being in the Superbowl is MAJOR so for now Hurts is better than Dak...for now

in no world is Daniel Jones better than Dak, i know we're down on Dak right now and he threw some bad int's but Jones has done absolutely nothing to prove he's better than Dak

i wouldn't even entertain an argument about it (even thought i just kinda did)

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Passer rating:
Hurts 101.5
Jones 92.5
Dak 91.1

QBR:
Hurts 66.3
Jones 60.8
Dak 57.9

For at least this season, Dak was the 3rd best QB in the division.

Before the "but Dak has bad teammates" arguments pop up:
Phil without Hurts 0-2
NYG without Jones 0-1
Dallas without Dak 4-1
This . Even Dak slobberers that always use stats can’t refute this.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Can’t imagine a case right now for anyone other than Hurts being the best in the division. At least I haven’t heard a case yet.

Ken

Reaction score
Thanks just wanted to make sure that it wasn't any of the universally recognized efficiency indicators for QB play.
Yes, the efficiency ratings that everyone on this board has downplayed when they were in Dak's favor the last 7 years.

CWR

Reaction score
They only use stats to prop up Dak but all of sudden when it’s not in their favor stats are out the window.

Few on here will attempt to argue Dak was better this season. Hurts is going to have to show he can repeat to deserve that title though.

It's not that stats aren't in our favor, it's that many find it ironic stats now matter. Same deal with KM. Dak is the supposed king of garbage time and that doesn't count, but the same guys don't mind racking those numbers up towards KMs offensive ranking.