Don’t think we can say Dak is best QB in division anymore?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hurts is likely to win MVP tonight and much more on Sunday.

I’d argue Hurts has definitely moved up the totem pole with MVP type season and first Super Bowl appearance .

What say you Cowboy fans …
The Eagles offensive scheme made the game (relatively) easy for Hurts because it was designed specifically for him.

Per ex QBs like Kurt Warner, the Kellen Moore offensive made the game more difficult for Dak than it should have been.

If Dak was the 49ers QB in 2022, it is highly likely they would have made it to the Super Bowl. That run focused scheme is tailor made for Dak.

raggedy

Reaction score
I live in the SF Bay Area, and Steve Young was on one of the local sports radio shows. He was saying he felt sorry for Dak because KM's offense is ARCHAIC. hahaha
That could be one QB defending another QB, or maybe KM had to dumb down the offense to suit Dak (slow processing speed???).

We don't know, but this next season will be telling I think; with a new play caller and some new plays thrown in there, let's see if Dak can be better and help our offense get to the next level. Yes, we put up great regular season stats on offense, but the good defenses (SF two years in a row) shut us down. KMs come-back routes right at the sticks were comically dumb and predictable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Eagles offensive scheme made the game (relatively) easy for Hurts because it was designed specifically for him.

Per ex QBs like Kurt Warner, the Kellen Moore offensive made the game more difficult for Dak than it should have been.

If Dak was the 49ers QB in 2022, it is highly likely they would have made it to the Super Bowl. That run focused scheme is tailor made for Dak.
I’d have to agree with the thought that a 49ers run 1st offense would have better suited Dak. Not to mention their #1 defense. And no doubt enhanced our chances of reaching Super Bowl.

What’s amazing is we all seem to realize a dominating running offense allows Prescott to be more effective and efficient. But yet our organization appeared determined to turn Dak into some kind of pass happy QB.

Not only that but we continued to start and feature our less productive RB. This all reeks of meddling from our dysfunctional ownership.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d have to agree with the thought that a 49ers run 1st offense would have better suited Dak. Not to mention their #1 defense. And no doubt enhanced our chances of reaching Super Bowl.

What’s amazing is we all seem to realize a dominating running offense allows Prescott to be more effective and efficient. But yet our organization appeared determined to turn Dak into some kind of pass happy QB.

Not only that but we continued to start and feature our less productive RB. This all reeks of meddling from our dysfunctional ownership.
2022 Cowboys
19th passing attempts
6th rushing attempts

Diehardblues

Reaction score
2022 Cowboys
19th passing attempts
6th rushing attempts
You believe that we were a dominating rushing offense ?

And we haven’t attempted to make Prescott be a more prolific passing QB?

More than likely those stats reflect a 12 win team that had the lead in most games and didn’t need to pass as much to finish games.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You believe that we were a dominating rushing offense ?

And we haven’t attempted to make Prescott be a more prolific passing QB?

More than likely those stats reflect a 12 win team that had the lead in most games and didn’t need to pass as much to finish games.
No, the problem was lack of consistent rushing success, not lack of attempts.

I'll look at the stats game by game to differentiate close score games from blowouts. I did that last season and the stats were not significantly different.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, the problem was lack of consistent rushing success, not lack of attempts.

I'll look at the stats game by game to differentiate close score games from blowouts. I did that last season and the stats were not significantly different.
So, you don’t believe there’s been an effort to try and make Prescott more of a passing QB than being a Bus Driver type relying more on a dominating running game which obviously makes him more effective and efficient?

And possibly this effort was done to justify his contract and hype him more as an Elite or prolific passing QB? Your thoughts …

zeke21

Reaction score
If I had to 'pick a QB off the wall' from the division, I would pick Hurts first, Jones second, Dak third and Washington didn't even put an option.

IF Washington go and get their man.. then we are very much looking like a situation where Dak could be the worst QB in the division by the end of next season. That should scare our front office as much as it scares me.

People getting down on DJ must not have been watching this year.. and must forget this guy had to overcome his first couple of seasons being damaged by the clapper. Jones has improved and he played well behind a WOEFUL line.. with a very weak receiving corp and a running game based on one man who spent spells injured.

I'm not suggesting Jones is an elite QB.. or that he will be able to get the Giants anywhere meaningful.. but I'd take him before Dak. Dak is a liability and whether you see it or not.. Dak is a bad QB who will only get worse because his contract means less talent around him.

raggedy

Reaction score
I had a thought (fantasy) while listening to a podcast about how the Cowboys will most certainly extend Dak to get his cap hit down:

I thought to myself, maybe, just maybe, Dak will take an extension AND a pay cut, knowing the cowboys will build a better roster around him if he brings his salary down the 25mil per season range.

Then I shook my head, NAH, no player would do that, right? Sports has become too big and all about the money it seems.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak can't just be a bus driver, in his fantasy little brain he wants to be the hero. He doesn't know his place.