Don Banks on Fox Sports...Cowboys spend too much time "staring at their navels"

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
How do we know he's sulking--could just be focusing or rethinking the play. Whatever. I like a guy who's walking around and encouraging teammates but that's not everybody. Romo's having a great year (look at the stats). Let him be himself.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Aww that is too bad.

We suck again.

anyone want to buy my tickets. Since we suck so bad I dont think I will be going to games anymore and come to think of it I will pay you to take them.

TVMan

Reaction score
Boysboy;2315759 said:
You forgot last year's playoff game where he started yelling at his OLmen.

*sigh* nothing can satisfy anyone.

*sigh* You mean the one that we lost.

:)

TVMan

Reaction score
theebs;2315766 said:
Aww that is too bad.

We suck again.

anyone want to buy my tickets. Since we suck so bad I dont think I will be going to games anymore and come to think of it I will pay you to take them.

No one said anything about sucking here. I gladly take your tickets though.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
I remember when he would be smiling and blowing it off last season that people complained that he wasn't taking things seriously enough.

Bottom line: Anyone complaining about the look on any player's/coach's face will never be satisfied.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
theebs;2315766 said:
Aww that is too bad.

We suck again.

Deal .

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2315766 said:
Aww that is too bad.

We suck again.

Can I have them? For a discount?:laugh1:

TVMan

Reaction score
Faerluna;2315772 said:
I remember when he would be smiling and blowing it off last season that people complained that he wasn't taking things seriously enough.

Bottom line: Anyone complaining about the look on any player's/coach's face will never be satisfied.

I was merely trying to discuss, but I see that we have a problem with just talking about things in general. This board is more sensitive than the team.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
TVMan;2315780 said:
I was merely trying to discuss, but I see that we have a problem with just talking about things in general. This board is more sensitive than the team.

There's nothing wrong with discussion. To say that Tony has a particular look on his face which indicates a lack of leadership is a reach.

TVMan

Reaction score
Faerluna;2315793 said:
There's nothing wrong with discussion. To say that Tony has a particular look on his face which indicates a lack of leadership is a reach.

That's twisting my words.

I never said sulking lead to a lack of leadership. I never said we suck either.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
the last time I remember one of our quarterbacks visibly (to cameras) yelling at someone, Keyshawn nearly ripped Bledsoe's head off

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
TVMan;2315711 said:
There is a degree of truth here.

What does Romo do after every mistake? Roll the tape and see for yourself.
Head down, sulking to the bench. Sulks on the bench. He's not the only one.

Not true.

Laufenberg and cbs11 had video of him after the interception sunday, he was sitting on the bench going over the photos of the play with garret...all of a sudden he gets up and throws the photos and slams the bench and walks away from garret. JG had a shocked look on his face. Romo is not happy with his play and questioning whether or not he cares or whatever is wrong.

I think he is going to snap out of some poor games soon and when he does someone is going to pay the price.

I watch all these guys warm up and stuff before the game. Romo might be the most focused looking guy on the team every week. He is all business when he comes out and gets loose.

On the flip side. The bengals were just sitting around in the endzone and barely doing anything sunday. It was bizzarre. They were just standing there watching the cowboys players get loose together.

TVMan

Reaction score
theebs;2315816 said:
Not true.

Laufenberg and cbs11 had video of him after the interception sunday, he was sitting on the bench going over the photos of the play with garret...all of a sudden he gets up and throws the photos and slams the bench and walks away from garret. JG had a shocked look on his face. Romo is not happy with his play and questioning whether or not he cares or whatever is wrong.

I noticed him at one point with Garrett, but the network will only show you what they want you to see. Did not see that video, but that is encouraging.

MarkP88

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

While I think it's entirely appropriate to acknowledge that we played less than championship-calibre football this past week--keep in mind this is the sort of criticism leveled at Eli and the Giants up until the last couple weeks of the season last year. "There's no leadership," "Eli's body language is terrible!" etc. I live in New York, and it was just surreal how every little gesture, particularly on the part of Eli, was over-analyzed and taken apart. You think the Dallas media is bad? Try being Eli in New York.

The team didn't play up to its standards, or what it's standards should be. It's a concern that outwardly, Wade and co. don't seem angry at themselves for failing to play up to that high standard. But the freak-out fest isn't warranted.

To me, Tony's got to be more disciplined about ball security, and the defense has to apply more consistent pressure. I think those are the biggest issues now. If those things don't get better in the next several weeks, THEN maybe the high drama will be appropriate...but not yet.

Just my two cents.

Mark

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
TVMan;2315824 said:
I noticed him at one point with Garrett, but the network will only show you what they want you to see. Did not see that video, but that is encouraging.

It was shot locally by a cbs11 crew. I havent seen it anywhere else.

I will record laufenberg the next couple of nights and see if he shows it again.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
TVMan;2315755 said:
:laugh2:

You also see Manning get pissed and tell people about it. Troy did the same and so did Roger. Tony needs to stop trying to be such a great guy (on the field.) He needs to be the general, on the field.

When his light fully goes on, then this team will roll.

While I will express my concern about things with the players and this team. I ALWAYS feel like we are going to win. I also feel like what you posted will eventually happen. IF it doesnt.... then its just wasted opportunity and questionable as to why(not)?

xWraithx;2315807 said:
the last time I remember one of our quarterbacks visibly (to cameras) yelling at someone, Keyshawn nearly ripped Bledsoe's head off

Drew: "Just hold on to the "dam" ball"... will ya? lmao

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
McNabb just vomits. I'll take Tony looking upset instead of that, thank you.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
How you guys even get lack of intensity, sulking, crying, lack of leadership from watching TV of a game amazes me. It's called all or nothing thinking, mindreading, projection, and any number of other cognitive distortions. Most of you don't even understand basic pass rushing mechanics and nuances. The last few weeks have been like a cross between Bizarro's and Wayne's World meets the Twilight Zone version of Days of Our Lives.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
chinch;2316236 said:
He sure is

Gong.

Getting a real coaching staff in here ASAP is the obvious answer

Sarcasm, this is Chinch. Chinch, Sarcasm.