Don Banks rips us a new one

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
• There was not a thing fluky about the Commanders' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-2. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Commanders (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

jman

Reaction score
bbgun;2294286 said:
• There was not a thing fluky about the Commanders' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-2. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Commanders (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

Oh well. That's one mans opinion.

We are good again, expect the pile on from the national pundits when we lose the the "worst" team in the division.

Funny how they leave out that the worst team in the NFC East is better than most of the other teams in the conference.

Let them spew...they got to make a living too.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't it just last week, he admitted to not liking the fact the Cowboys were good? Does one game seriously lessen that fact?

I kinda think he had that particular blurb in his back pocket and was just waiting for the first team to beat the 'boys in order to use it.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
As I said when we topped all the power rankings three weeks into the season, it doesn't much matter to be the best in the league or the best in the division (in perception, not record) four weeks in.

Call me in late December.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
bbgun;2294286 said:

I'm sorry, but did the Cowboys generate all this talk about being the NFL's best team in the first three weeks, or did you putzes in the media do that? I swear, these guys just hang the pinata high, only to watch it eventually fall and break open, and then come out of the bushes to steal the candy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it's now time for the Dallas fans to take their lumps from rival fans and media pundits :banghead:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
How can you disagree with him?

The Giants are the defending SB champs and in 1st place in the East and the Commanders beat us head to head and have the same record. We squeaked by the Eagles thus

Giants
Skins
Cowboys
Eagles

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Simply put, that's the way it is TODAY

Tobal

Reaction score
LOOK AT THE SCORE BOARD!!

Seriously we just got are *** kicked up and down the field by what was susposed to be the last place team in the division and he's right it wasn't fluky they lined up acceoss from Dallas, hit them in the mouth and watched them fold.

Dallas is soft and I'm not sure that can change under Phillips.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
this is good. I hope we get more of this.

This current group doesnt play that well as a favorite.

I hope we get torn a new one by everyone under the sun.

Cause here is a newsflash, we are going to lose at least 4 games this season.

The funny thing to me is, if philly beats washington next week, then what?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2294321 said:
it's now time for the Dallas fans to take their lumps from rival fans and media pundits :banghead:
But yet this Extreme person that is a Skins fans posting on this board is saying that the media likes us. He needs to read articles like this. The Commanders rarely get this type of treatment nationally. EVER. So they don't have to go thru this like we do.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
In many ways, Banks is correct. Washington's talent beat Dallas's talent, straight up and without flukes - this is probably the single most disturbing aspect of the loss.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I have no problem with what he said.

The Commanders did just beat us and the Giants are undefeated and still the Super Bowl Champs.

Like I have always said, I will enjoy this season and will take one game at a time but I sure ain't buying all of this Super Bowl talk until I actually seen it.

I remember a very prominent poster stated after we lost in the Playoffs last year that we need Ray Lewis or someone like that. I disagreed strongly with this poster, but I really think said poster was right.

When you hit the Cowboys in the mouth, it just seems like they don't respond, especially when it is a team with equal talent.

Undisputed

Reaction score
This just makes me feel better. I miss being the underdog.

If I had my way, we'd never be favored again. And we'd never play at home again for that matter...For some reason our guys can't seem to handle people actually being on their side.

sk0aL

Reaction score
Make no mistake about it, the media is going to crucify this team this week and enjoy every minute of it.

The Ron Jaworskis, Keyshawn Johnsons, and Rod Woodsons of the media world are already salivating.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2294348 said:
You will get your wish, buddy.

I know. Like I told doctor32 on the walk to the car.

It will be a crappy week. But in the long run I think a game like this is just what this team needs.

I also find it funny that all of the people hyping this team, the national media are the same ones who write articles about Dallas that are filled with anger when we lose. Its like, hello you hyped em up. Dont get mad at them.

jman

Reaction score
Tobal;2294324 said:
LOOK AT THE SCORE BOARD!!

Seriously we just got are *** kicked up and down the field by what was susposed to be the last place team in the division and he's right it wasn't fluky they lined up acceoss from Dallas, hit them in the mouth and watched them fold.

Dallas is soft and I'm not sure that can change under Phillips.

When do you actually start to hold the players responsible?

...Thought so.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
sk0aL;2294353 said:
Make no mistake about it, the media is going to crucify this team this week and enjoy every minute of it.

The Ron Jaworskis, Keyshawn Johnsons, and Rod Woodsons of the media world are already salivating.

No doubt. There's nothing better than taking down a team being hyped up by everyone.