Don Banks rips us a new one

Boysboy

Reaction score
windward;2294828 said:
Well after that we have the Giants, Skins 49ers and Seahawks in NOV.

In dec we have Pitt NYG Bal and Phi.

We'll be tested this season for sure.

The Cards game won't be a gimme. Sure, they've looked pretty bad after starting 2-0, but they DO have a good team this year.

With that being said-I think we'll be OK. Schedule looks rough, but no excuses-we need to come out and play well.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Boysboy;2294830 said:
The Cards game won't be a gimme. Sure, they've looked pretty bad after starting 2-0, but they DO have a good team this year.

With that being said-I think we'll be OK. Schedule looks rough, but no excuses-we need to come out and play well.
Oh yeah, Zona will be a tough one.

Right now, I just want to kick Cincy's butt next sunday to get this taste of losing out of my mouth.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wow-so b/c Don Banks CRITICIZES our LETHARGIC play...that makes him an IDIOT??

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
adamc91115;2294297 said:
Can he seriously believe what he wrote? I mean, is it possible?

how can anybody in their right mind argue against after what we saw yesterday?

that was an utter disgrace...we have the most talent by a wide margin, but they played like crap and deserved to lose. We could easily be 2-2 right now, with two home losses.

winning the division is going to be extremely tough if they are going to continue playing the kind of garbage defense we saw yesterday, and have seen on and off since the first preseason game.

Spytheweb

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;2294286 said:
• There was not a thing fluky about the Commanders' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-2. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Commanders (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

The smelling salts should have been that playoff game, where Dallas only scored a FG in the second half.

Sonny#9

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2294323 said:
How can you disagree with him?

The Giants are the defending SB champs and in 1st place in the East and the Commanders beat us head to head and have the same record. We squeaked by the Eagles thus

Giants
Skins
Cowboys
Eagles

Pretty simple if you ask me.

Simply put, that's the way it is TODAY

Here's an added wrinkle for you to consider as well. The Commanders defense is a modest 14th in the league. However, that looks significantly better when you consider they have played 4 of the top 5 offenses in the league...

What's it going to look like when they play Cleveland, St. Louis, and Detroit in a couple of weeks?

cowboyed

Reaction score
It is not losing one game that bothers me. It is the way we keep losing to the more competitive teams like some chronic disease.

We don't handle physical teams all that well

We either have too many penalties or very stupid ones or both

We perform eratically on both sides of the ball

It is not just the players, it is the coaching as well. On that 12th man penalty Watkins was to blame but can't Stewart and Phillips count especially after a time out!

We purportedly have one of the best secondaries in the league yet we play like Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones are still manning the secondary.

Come December and the playoffs we better have a way to take a punch in the mouth and fight back. There seems to be little intensity or hard core attitude on this team short of less than a handful of players and maybe one or two coaches.

And the skins fan gracing this thread has it right. More than likely we will look great beating up on lesser teams and then conveniently not addressing our core issues against the real world teams.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think Banks is right.
The Commanders beat us on both sides of the ball not to mention the scoreboard and the last time the G-men played us they did the same thing.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
bbgun;2294286 said:
• There was not a thing fluky about the Commanders' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-2. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Commanders (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

Who cares, I don't care if we not the best team in the NFL or our division in week 4. I want to be the best team in week 17 or mainly week 19 after the Superbowl.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Hmm...where was Banks when the G-Men almost lost to the Bengals a week ago, at home?

Reality is that while I'm concerned about the defense and the way we play at home, you're not going to go 16-0 on the season and chances are the teams you're going to lose to are most likely divisional rivals...because that's the way it is in the NFL and the NFC East happens to be great this year.

YAKUZA