Don Banks rips us a new one

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2294313 said:
Wasn't it just last week, he admitted to not liking the fact the Cowboys were good?

That was Dr. Z's admission, in his power rankings.

sweetness0986

Reaction score
LOL, it's funny what one loss will do. It's also funny that even though the Skins dominated us in every aspect of the game, we only lost by 2. The funniest thing of all is that the Giants will be deemed the top team in the NFL for their amazingly wonderful defeats over the bad version of the Commanders, the winless Rams, and barely squeaking by the winless Bengals. Clearly that proves they are currently the best team in the NFL.

Seriously, it doesn't mean anything. People are going to doubt now, say we're not the best in our division, etc. It's certainly fun being on top, but it's also fun proving people wrong.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'll tell you what. I hate this loss and think we stunk today.

I still think we are the best team in the NFL and the team to beat. No one but a fool would take this team lightly.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hostile;2294399 said:
I'll tell you what. I hate this loss and think we stunk today.

I still think we are the best team in the NFL and the team to beat. No one but a fool would take this team lightly.

Yeah, this loss hurts.

I personally think it is too early to tell who is the team to beat. But there is no doubt everyone will bring their A game when they play us.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2294384 said:
That was Dr. Z's admission, in his power rankings.
Oh ok. Thanks.

Still stand by my general statement tho. Had the 'boys won and somehow lose to Cinci next week, then I think the same blurb would've been written.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yep. We'll get our lumps. Esp losing at home and being outplayed all around. No running game. TOP incredibly lopsided. STs beaten. Couldn't stop their running game. Couldn't generate a TO. Made TOs. Couldn't stop them when it mattered. If they stop that last FG then they probably win the game despite being outplayed. Outcoached badly. Not enough pressure. Too little blitzes. Chicken**** defensive pressure. Continued missed tackles.

And we still could have won the game despite an all around butt whopping.

If this doesn't sting and they don't get pissed off then I may start to believe they have no heart.

There is no fire. I would have had a bunch of people wanting to fight me. On both sides. I don't like to lose. No, I have to lose. HATE. Where was a defensive leader in people's faces.

Where were the coaches in people's faces.

First time I've thought critically of this laid back stuff from HC on down. You have got to have some fire occasionally. Fear of God and all that.

Don't get me wrong. It's not the end of the world. I've a friend having personal problems which makes this game seem rinky dink right now. And we'll likely still win the East. Take the chicken little stuff and stuff it. We still have a very good team that can be great. Can still dominate. But this one wasn't all on the players. At least half is on the coaches and the schemes. Some is on Romo. He cannot advertise passes. They can't do the same things game in and game out without making it look different. Romo has got to look the defense off. And he needs to work with Austin on communication. TO needs to go into motion more and needs to work thru smaller players hanging on him. He should stomp them into the ground and Jason needs to help him get them off of him.

It's just one game. No panic. We win 75% of our games and we're 12-4.

Let's have a better game next week and a good week of practice.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2294407 said:
Yeah, this loss hurts.

I personally think it is too early to tell who is the team to beat. But there is no doubt everyone will bring their A game when they play us.
I hope they do. It will temper us. Make us sharper.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
let's see, the Giants are defending champs largely in part to beating us in our house in the playoffs. The Commanders just thouroughly outplayed us, once again in Texas Stadium, the lamest homefield advantage in the league.

Banks looks to be entirely correct.

jman

Reaction score
parcells316;2294448 said:
let's see, the Giants are defending champs largely in part to beating us in our house in the playoffs. The Commanders just thouroughly outplayed us, once again in Texas Stadium, the lamest homefield advantage in the league.

LOL...What is the Cowboy's record in Texas Studium?

Did you bother to look or just another Knee-Jerk reaction?

Again...though t so.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
parcells316;2294448 said:

He must not have thought much of us before the game, because one close loss should not send a team plummeting in any person's personal rankings.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2294461 said:
He must not have thought much of us before the game, because one close loss should not send a team plummeting in any person's personal rankings.

that is the name of the game in sports talk radio, sports journalism and sports tv shows.

All the talk tomorrow will be about Dallas losing to a good team. We will get crucified, and well deserved but I bet all these mcnabb and eagles homers will not go after the eagles that much tomorrow.

I hope all the media gets on these guys. I think this team is babied way too much so I hope the media is harsh on them.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
This tool is an idiot.

Mark my words. Dallas has a bye just like Washington this year before we play again. Washington has been given a bye before they play us at home for last four years. This will be the fourth one.

Dallas will beat them in Washington. They have it coming. The running game was terrible today, and I can guarantee you Barber and the offensive line will own them in the second game. Owens and Romo will destroy them. It will not be close. I expect one of our very best games.

Oh, yeah. The Eagles will kill them next week. They think they won the Super Bowl today. We'll see.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
jman;2294459 said:
LOL...What is the Cowboy's record in Texas Studium?

Did you bother to look or just another Knee-Jerk reaction?

Again...though t so.
Since Romo took over, he's had 30 starts. 15 home and 15 road.

Road Record: 13-2
Home record: 9-6

Cold hard facts.

jman

Reaction score
parcells316;2294477 said:
Since Romo took over, he's had 30 starts. 15 home and 15 road.

Road Record: 13-2
Home record: 9-6

Cold hard facts.

So tell me, why all the road wins?

What's the difference?

And who fault is it that we can't win at home?

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2294319 said:
I'm sorry, but did the Cowboys generate all this talk about being the NFL's best team in the first three weeks, or did you putzes in the media do that? I swear, these guys just hang the pinata high, only to watch it eventually fall and break open, and then come out of the bushes to steal the candy.

Well said. Hopefully we can look at this game in February and see it as a positive in the grand scheme... like dont abandon the run game when only down 3.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
jman;2294495 said:
So tell me, why all the road wins?

What's the difference?

And who fault is it that we can't win at home?
I don't know. Frustrating as hell. This current team plays better on the road.
Why? Could be a number of reasons. Can't stand to lose at home inside the division, especially with how good the division looks to be.

This Eagle loss helps the cause, though. Be nice to see them take care of the Skins next week and us take care of business against Cincy. Everything will be right in the world again.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
bbgun;2294286 said:
• There was not a thing fluky about the Commanders' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-2. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Commanders (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

all true.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
We're still, more than likely, going to be going into the Giants game with a 7-1 record.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
theebs;2294358 said:
I know. Like I told doctor32 on the walk to the car.

It will be a crappy week. But in the long run I think a game like this is just what this team needs.

I also find it funny that all of the people hyping this team, the national media are the same ones who write articles about Dallas that are filled with anger when we lose. Its like, hello you hyped em up. Dont get mad at them.
I think you guys would be better off with a tough game coming up. Instead you have three easy games and will be sitting there at 6-1 with superbowls dancing in your heads. This Dallas team, if you don't mind me saying so, needs to learn to deal with adversity. Being in the NFCE is probably the best thing that could happen to them.