Don Banks rips us a new one

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2294524 said:
I think you guys would be better off with a tough game coming up. Instead you have three easy games and will be sitting there at 6-1 with superbowls dancing in your heads. This Dallas team, if you don't mind me saying so, needs to learn to deal with adversity. Being in the NFCE is probably the best thing that could happen to them.

Agreed. We need to occasionally get our rears kicked and have it NOT be in freaking December for a change.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I think you guys would be better off with a tough game coming up. Instead you have three easy games and will be sitting there at 6-1 with superbowls dancing in your heads. This Dallas team, if you don't mind me saying so, needs to learn to deal with adversity. Being in the NFCE is probably the best thing that could happen to them.

Skinsmaniac ... I've got to say this before the thought leaves my head.

As much as it kills me to have lost to you all today, I must say I'm enjoying the conversation you and your Skins fans' counterparts are bringing to the board tonight. No chest-pumping, no taunting. And you'd certainly have the right to do all that. :) Nope, you all are just bringing good football talk. A real treat, IMO.

As for your point, I think you're onto something. This team tends to have a confidence about it during games that it's never really out of it; which can be good, but then there are lot of times you'd like to see more urgency at a key moment late in the third and you just don't see it (that three-and-out before your all's game-winning drive was one such example).

And no doubt, if we beat up on the patsies coming up on the schedule, all the unstoppable talk will return. And Wade just eats all the cheese that it brings -- which, with this team, is probably about the worst thing possible. He'll stand up there on the podium and talk about how he's 19-5 (as his record would be if we win our next three), we're 6-1, no one can 'run on the Dallas Cowboys,' etc etc.

There are times I think this team "gets it." And then there are times where I absolutely don't, and you can see the fact these guys just haven't won a playoff game.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Ozzu;2294533 said:
Agreed. We need to occasionally get our rears kicked and have it NOT be in freaking December for a change.

Yep ... And at that point, Wade and Co. just cast aside the losses as insignificant, citing our overall record as reason not to worry. :bang2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Well I disagree. They handle adversity just fine.

I dont think they handle all the praise all that well. You could see it today. They were flat the whole first half and they allowed the game to be taken to them.

I think 11-5 will win this division. I think the cincy and arizona games will be a challenge. St.louis should be a rout. ANd tampa will be a difficult game.

I think this team needs this adversity. Its a good thing. IN the long run I think we will be better from this loss. I do think they can handle it.

And a small side note on this game. To me. This was the perfect storm for the skins to come here and win. They hate us. They get as high as they can get, everyone picked against them and the line was 11.5 for some reason.

IF Dallas wins in washington in november no one will care about this game. That is the way the fans and media are in 2008. If the skins lose to the eagles, this game will look different.

We have played 3 extremely difficult games in 3 weeks. We got two of them. Now we get to play lesser teams. I think they will be tough, but still lesser teams. The giants and skins already played two of those games.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
theebs;2294544 said:
Well I disagree. They handle adversity just fine.

I dont think they handle all the praise all that well. You could see it today. They were flat the whole first half and they allowed the game to be taken to them.

I think 11-5 will win this division. I think the cincy and arizona games will be a challenge. St.louis should be a rout. ANd tampa will be a difficult game.

I think this team needs this adversity. Its a good thing. IN the long run I think we will be better from this loss. I do think they can handle it.

And a small side note on this game. To me. This was the perfect storm for the skins to come here and win. They hate us. They get as high as they can get, everyone picked against them and the line was 11.5 for some reason.

IF Dallas wins in washington in november no one will care about this game. That is the way the fans and media are in 2008. If the skins lose to the eagles, this game will look different.

We have played 3 extremely difficult games in 3 weeks. We got two of them. Now we get to play lesser teams. I think they will be tough, but still lesser teams. The giants and skins already played two of those games.
The problem is that the three easy games lets the team overlook its problems. After the Giants playoff game last year, excuses were made, and because there wasn't a game the next week, those excuses lasted all offseason. After this game, the Boys are probably going to win the next three so the players and coaches again won't be forced to take a hard look at themselves to figure out how to get better. I don't see how this team in its current form has ever had to deal with adversity. They've never had to rebound from a tough loss with a tough win.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2294561 said:
The problem is that the three easy games lets the team overlook its problems. After the Giants playoff game last year, excuses were made, and because there wasn't a game the next week, those excuses lasted all offseason. After this game, the Boys are probably going to win the next three so the players and coaches again won't be forced to take a hard look at themselves to figure out how to get better. I don't see how this team in its current form has ever had to deal with adversity. They've never had to rebound from a tough loss with a tough win.

I guess you didnt watch our 06 season.

I like the adversity and watching the players on the pregame show I can see this loss really ticked them off.

and I am curious, because we didnt lose alot of games in the regular season that means we cant handle adversity? Yet you are going to sit here as a Commanders fan and say your team does? when you lose 7 games during the regular season you have lots of chances to bounce back.

When you lose 3 you dont. But dont put a label on this team.

and again, I like that this will make the media venom come out nationally and it will take that label off this team of "best Team" and "most Talented". I dont believe the latter to be true and I think it is way too early to declare anyone the best team.

The cowboys can never get under the radar, but with other east teams playin each other in the coming weeks and Dallas not playing above average opponents and not in primetime, it will be a good thing.

We can get back to being just a football team, without all the national media's labels.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2294561 said:

Theebs, really, I think you're not disagreeing too much with the above point. You're saying we can't handle praise, and skinsmaniac is basically saying we're going to be given three fairly easy Ws the next three weeks if we execute, allowing us to brush aside our concerns and start eating the cheese again. Which, to me, is a distant cousin of "can't handle praise."

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RainMan;2294577 said:
Theebs, really, I think you're not disagreeing too much with the above point. You're saying we can't handle praise, and skinsmaniac is basically saying we're going to be given three fairly easy Ws the next three weeks if we execute, allowing us to brush aside our concerns and start eating the cheese again. Which, to me, is a distant cousin of "can't handle praise."

Well if so then yes.

I took as our team cant stop anyone and the usually diatribe that gets spewed.

I mean I dont see how a Commanders fan has anything but the same concerns.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
theebs;2294583 said:
Well if so then yes.

I took as our team cant stop anyone and the usually diatribe that gets spewed.

I mean I dont see how a Commanders fan has anything but the same concerns.

I never saw him say he had no concerns about his team. This is a thread about the Cowboys, and he's just providing his view about us. It'd be a weird thread for him to turn into a Skins discussion. :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
RainMan;2294587 said:
I never saw him say he had no concerns about his team. This is a thread about the Cowboys, and he's just providing his view about us. It'd be a weird thread for him to turn into a Skins discussion. :)

agreed, that is the way I am taking it though because, that is the way the skins fans who come here think.

on a side note. I am watching the nbc5 post game and they showed cartwright standing on the star and posing and laughing.

It didnt go over well in our locker room. and then Mike Sellers just said Dallas didnt want it and Demarcus ware was tired and looked delirious and we just went after him.

if the Commanders arent careful they will treat this like a superbowl win and this will hang over. They already provided the material for the next game and I am sure they will provide more this week.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
theebs;2294598 said:
if the Commanders arent careful they will treat this like a superbowl win and this will hang over. They already provided the material for the next game and I am sure they will provide more this week.
There was a brief clip of the Commanders locker room after the game, and someone who looked a great deal like Danny Snyder was yelling "when you play physical, you win the game!" :lmao2: It was too quick a shot to be sure that it was him, but it really looked like it.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
RainMan;2294538 said:
Skinsmaniac ... I've got to say this before the thought leaves my head.

As much as it kills me to have lost to you all today, I must say I'm enjoying the conversation you and your Skins fans' counterparts are bringing to the board tonight. No chest-pumping, no taunting. And you'd certainly have the right to do all that. :) Nope, you all are just bringing good football talk. A real treat, IMO.

As for your point, I think you're onto something. This team tends to have a confidence about it during games that it's never really out of it; which can be good, but then there are lot of times you'd like to see more urgency at a key moment late in the third and you just don't see it (that three-and-out before your all's game-winning drive was one such example).

And no doubt, if we beat up on the patsies coming up on the schedule, all the unstoppable talk will return. And Wade just eats all the cheese that it brings -- which, with this team, is probably about the worst thing possible. He'll stand up there on the podium and talk about how he's 19-5 (as his record would be if we win our next three), we're 6-1, no one can 'run on the Dallas Cowboys,' etc etc.

There are times I think this team "gets it." And then there are times where I absolutely don't, and you can see the fact these guys just haven't won a playoff game.
Thanks, but don't hold me to too high a standard because I'm not above a little trash talking.:)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2294604 said:
There was a brief clip of the Commanders locker room after the game, and someone who looked a great deal like Danny Snyder was yelling "when you play physical, you win the game!" :lmao2: It was too quick a shot to be sure that it was him, but it really looked like it.

well if that is true add it to the list.

they have already built up a bunch of bulletin board stuff. I know more is coming tomorrow.

We are going to play again so either the skins arent too smart or are really arrogant.

Calling out demarcus ware? Two players doing it? That isnt too bright.

Skinsmaniac

Reaction score
theebs;2294615 said:
well if that is true add it to the list.

they have already built up a bunch of bulletin board stuff. I know more is coming tomorrow.

We are going to play again so either the skins arent too smart or are really arrogant.

Calling out demarcus ware? Two players doing it? That isnt too bright.
I think for whatever reason this Commanders team feels confident against the Cowboys and expects to win.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that was Snyder in that locker room clip. I was watching it with my wife and we both kinda just looked at each other like we weren't sure what we just saw. He had this weird excitement, and seemed like he wanted to say something really inspiring, only to mutter out the physical line.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RainMan;2294661 said:
I'm pretty sure that was Snyder in that locker room clip. I was watching it with my wife and we both kinda just looked at each other like we weren't sure what we just saw. He had this weird excitement, and seemed like he wanted to say something really inspiring, only to mutter out the physical line.
Looked like Snyder to me. He didn't have his glasses on. That's when I turned the channel. No way I wanted to watch the Skins celebrating in the lockerroom.

kramskoi

Reaction score
theebs;2294325 said:
this is good. I hope we get more of this.

This current group doesnt play that well as a favorite.

I hope we get torn a new one by everyone under the sun.

Cause here is a newsflash, we are going to lose at least 4 games this season.

The funny thing to me is, if philly beats washington next week, then what?
12-4 seems optimistic, considering today...but i do know this for a fact...if Dallas can't stop AND establish the run against it's NFC East foes they won't win the division...this team needs more consistency on first and second downs and that means committing to the running game...excessive passing is harder to sustain, and that has repurcussions as far as time of possession and turnovers are concerned...

Washington not only had more possessions than they should've but they also converted mostly all of them into points...the Dallas defense has only given up 4 touchdowns over 10 quarters of play...so their redzone defense is quite good...they must focus on time of possession and winning the turnover battle...this will limit opponent possesions and help the defense rest...the wins will flow again but not until they establish and maintain balance on offense...that means running...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theebs;2294358 said:
It will be a crappy week. But in the long run I think a game like this is just what this team needs.

Maikeru-sama;2294407 said:
Yeah, this loss hurts.

I personally think it is too early to tell who is the team to beat. But there is no doubt everyone will bring their A game when they play us.

:hammer:

We're one of the better teams in the league. How large that "better" group is can be debated, but we're still a top team. Does it really matter if we're *the* top team right now? Of course not. Did anyone think the Giants were the best team in the league September 28 of 2007?

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
bbgun;2294286 said:
• There was not a thing fluky about the Commanders' road upset of the previously 3-0 Cowboys. Washington beat Dallas soundly, even though the final score was only 26-2. This should put a dose of smelling salts under the Cowboys' noses, because while they generated talk of being the NFL's best team in the season's first three weeks, the reality is they're not even the best team in their division. In fact, they're not even the second-best team in the NFC East. I'll take the Giants (3-0) and the Commanders (3-1) over them, and the Eagles are just a half-step behind.

I think he is right for the most part about what he said. Our defense has been awful 2/4 weeks. We can say what we want about rival fans and things like that but deep down admit it..we arent going to win the BIG ONE with a defense that does this and an offense that has one viable deep threat.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Well after that we have the Giants, Skins 49ers and Seahawks in NOV.

In dec we have Pitt NYG Bal and Phi.

We'll be tested this season for sure.