Dont laugh.....

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I think we should sign Testaverde to the minimum.

If Bledsoe goes down we are in trouble regardless. But if he did miss time, who would we win more games with? Vinny or Henson/Romo

Well be in a dog fight in any NFCE game, we cant afford to dick around

Let Romo/Henson battle it out in camp for 3rd string and cut the loser

superpunk

Reaction score
Pffft.

I'm not laughing, actually, I think it would be a solid move AFTER preseason. Lets see how these guys look in real action with the team before writing them off. Bledsoe hasn't missed a start in 4 years, and doesn't have anything resembling an injury history during his career. Not too worried.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
If Bledsoe goes down, it will be over.

Whether we put in Vinnie or Romo or Henson, the season is over.

We might as well let one of the young guys take a shot.

I vote no to VT.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Right now, I think we would win more games with Romo. Vinny doesn't have it anymore. And certainly not for more than a couple games. If we want a legit backup, sign Kerry Collins. Otherwise, stick with what we have.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

I vote no to VT.

I'd have to agree 100%.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Pffft.

I'm not laughing, actually, I think it would be a solid move AFTER preseason. Lets see how these guys look in real action with the team before writing them off. Bledsoe hasn't missed a start in 4 years, and doesn't have anything resembling an injury history during his career. Not too worried.

I agree. I want a veteran here for security, but only if the other two show they are completely worthless in preseason, and I mean completely. I find it hard to believe that neither could be better than Testeverde at this point. But if Bledsoe got hurt, I am sure we could coax him into coming aboard.

If we thought he was bad in 2004, obviously nobody saw him with the Jets last year. He was pitiful. This would be a desperate move and one to reserve as that.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
I think we should sign Testaverde to the minimum.

If Bledsoe goes down we are in trouble regardless. But if he did miss time, who would we win more games with? Vinny or Henson/Romo

Well be in a dog fight in any NFCE game, we cant afford to dick around

Let Romo/Henson battle it out in camp for 3rd string and cut the loser

The point is moot.

If Bledsoe goes down we are screwed. We'd be screwed with Romo, Henson, or Testeverde.

On our side though is that Drew is one of the most durable QBs in the league.

gbrittain

Reaction score
No, No and NO!

I would take my chances with Romo or Henson any day of the week over Vinny T.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
I really wish this board allowed profanity and vulgarity at times like these so that I could rip into your *** with the fires of insane brutality for even considering bringing that idiot back

I'd rather take my chances with freakin Willie Blade at quarterback than have to suffer thru that moron ever again

moderators, close this topic. NOW.

royhitshard

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
I really wish this board allowed profanity and vulgarity at times like these so that I could rip into your *** with the fires of insane brutality for even considering bringing that idiot back

I'd rather take my chances with freakin Willie Blade at quarterback than have to suffer thru that moron ever again

You forgot to say "Please":D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SupermanXx said:

I vote we let SupermanXx use profanity, just for this one thread.
Vinny for security = prevent offense.

If we lose Bledsoe for the season, the only thing that will make the rest of the games watchable is finding out what we have behind him.

illone

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Pffft.

I wouldn't worry about Bledsoe, either. What's behind him is a major concern, though. Any Cowboys fan who is of the "wait and see" approach with Henson or Romo needs to have a 'between the ears' exam. These guys suck.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

I vote no to VT.

I agree with this post.
I agree with this logic.
:bravo:

At some point you gotta see a young gun in there under pressure and let him take some lumps -then and only then will you see their true grit, their true character and how they face adversity... not by judging them based on little to no real time game experience.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I agree with this post.
I agree with this logic.
:bravo:

At some point you gotta see a young gun in there under pressure and let him take some lumps -then and only then will you see their true grit, their true character and how they face adversity... not by judging them based on little to no real time game experience.

People still hold a grudge against Coach Parcells for pulling Henson and not playing either he or Romo in 2004.

Can you imagine the uproar if he did sign Testeverde back again? I shudder to think of the anguished frustration. It certainly would be entertaining.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Alexander said:
People still hold a grudge against Coach Parcells for pulling Henson and not playing either he or Romo in 2004.

If, as a result, that becomes part of the big picture for Henson then I could say I understand what he was doing... but I am not sure... he may have just wanted him out of there because he just did....

Alexander said:
Can you imagine the uproar if he did sign Testeverde back again? I shudder to think of the anguished frustration. It certainly would be entertaining.
Well if you bring in Vinny then you are HOPING he can win you a few game by driving the bus... TO would actually help Vinny... but I want some young fresh arm/mind under center... its been a long time

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander said:

Oh the things we could have learned by throwing them into a situation where they had no weapons, and no chance! We'll rue the day we didn't see what Henson/Romo could do with Quincy Morgan and 18 men in the box. ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Oh the things we could have learned by throwing them into a situation where they had no weapons, and no chance! We'll rue the day we didn't see what Henson/Romo could do with Quincy Morgan and 18 men in the box. ;)

Its not hat cut and dry. Growing pains are part of the game. You cant say that every QB is put out there with the best players around him. Its just not realisitic.