Don't Let Garbage Time Confuse

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was amazed at how many people thought the Cowboys were going to get blown out. And then all these excuses why we weren’t are they just trolling or are they true fans. I don’t get it. That’s why I’ve been staying away. The negativity is through the roof unjustifiably so. The Browns are going to kill us. And then it was they suck so then it was we just beat a ****** team so we suck too.
goal posts always moved for us..like Burrows get pass, oh his WR was out but Dak , ITS he would be average without help, LOL umm right that 90% of the leagues qbs..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I was amazed at how many people thought the Cowboys were going to get blown out.
I forget which show it was, but one of them had 3 "experts" pick the game, 2 went for Cleveland but only by the slimmest of margins, and one for Dallas, again by the slimmest of margins.

Fans here tend to be overly confident, worked out well in this first game, but we'll see how the season develops...

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Like I've said before, I'd caution anyone about drawing final conclusions just from one game or half a game.

We are judging head to head match-ups which is fine but I need to see at least 5 more weeks of football and all the other match-ups before I can start logically start the process.

Here's an example,.. I'll see how the Browns defense does against the the Jaguars next week. Does Lawrence hang 300 on them? Do they run for 150 against the Browns (considered great) defense?.....that's just the next peice of evidence.

The biggest evidence will come in week 7 when we facec the Niners yet again

That still doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the game....I LOVED the win, especially with all 3 phases contributing......i just like to process things before conclusions
By "process" you mean you need more evidence and you need to see more consistancy. We all do. One game is just that, one game. The first game of the season....one game. We have a long way to go and lots to prove. I don't always say this but I am with you Shabazz.

shabazz

Reaction score
By "process" you mean you need more evidence and you need to see more consistancy. We all do. One game is just that, one game. The first game of the season....one game. We have a long way to go and lots to prove. I don't always say this but I am with you Shabazz.
I try to be as fair and consistent as possible and I take a bit longer than others to to get lathered up or to declare bust

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Cowboys so thoroughly dominate a team that was 6th at rushing the ball and a defense that many said was top 5 last year.....especially when we neglected to pick up Blue Chip free agents.

Pleasantly surprised but not conclusive till we see more games ......but a fantastic start nonetheless.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I forget which show it was, but one of them had 3 "experts" pick the game, 2 went for Cleveland but only by the slimmest of margins, and one for Dallas, again by the slimmest of margins.

Fans here tend to be overly confident, worked out well in this first game, but we'll see how the season develops...
I thought it was gonna be 20, Cowboys 19 Browns

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
So what... thats their fault for failing to draft better depth. Nobody said nothing whe we were shuffling pieces around on our offensive line the last couple of seasons before last year. So I don't want to hear the excuses.

We have rookies on our offensive line and held one of the NFLs best pass rushers in check for the most part. So if we can do it then they can too.
Lol; it's not an excuse, it's the fact of the situation of that game. It's incredibly easy to beat an opponent who is down both offensive tackles. That you walked away from that game assuming anything about the quality of our team is very misguided.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Lol; it's not an excuse, it's the fact of the situation of that game. It's incredibly easy to beat an opponent who is down both offensive tackles. That you walked away from that game assuming anything about the quality of our team is very misguided.
And they were missing one of the best RBs in the game. If they would have lost to the Browns missing all of that, that would have been a travesty, IMO. That's like the Cowboys winning with both the starting OTs out, and Lamb is out. o_O

The Cowboys roster is probably not better than it was last year at this same time (it may be worse), so expecting better results than last year is simply ridiculous...especially with a Dead Coach Walking. McCarthy's desperation means little, as most of us know he's not The Answer to take the Cowboys deep into the playoffs, not with this roster (or maybe ANY Cowboys roster).

So I lean towards this team collapsing under its own weight and inflated hopes and expectations this season, and they could easily land under .500

It's time for fans to wake up and deal with reality. This "All In" roster coupled with the pre-season drama, and the circus of ownership, it's not a recipe for success...so expect very little from this team, and be surprised if they win ANY of the big games on their schedule. Mentally and physically, it's just too much, with not enough impact players.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It is also not an excuse when we lose because we have zero DT's and no RB's.

It is a fact.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I was amazed at how many people thought the Cowboys were going to get blown out. And then all these excuses why we weren’t are they just trolling or are they true fans. I don’t get it. That’s why I’ve been staying away. The negativity is through the roof unjustifiably so. The Browns are going to kill us. And then it was they suck so then it was we just beat a ****** team so we suck too.
Turns out they were right, just off by one week. LOL

Meh. Overreaction from the win, overreaction from the loss.