Don't Let Garbage Time Confuse

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure you can figure it out....you came to his defense....you must be one if the buddies.
I didn't come to his defense. I questioned your philosophy.

Could be too fine a point for you.

You should know by now I don't have a lot of "buddies". The one i do have...even he rolls his eyes at me sometimes.:laugh:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
lol, that dude is no Cowboys fan. Everyone knows it. He has barely even been posting because Dak got signed and Dallas won in a blowout game. (Both of which he said would not happen.)

People use their spare time doing what is fun for them. When the Cowboys win (especially a big win), it is zero fun for guys posing as Cowboys fans, so they just don’t show up. People usually don’t do what isn’t fun for them… and this forum is no fun for them when people are talking about a win and enjoying it. It is human nature.

But pay attention to him after the Cowboys lose… particularly if Dak has a bad game. That dude is everywhere on this forum.

Fans need to ask themselves why that is? Why is Mountaineer, Pappy and those types barely posting (or not posting at all in Pappy’s case) after signing Dak and a Cowboys blowout win?

We all know why.

There are plenty of Dallas fans that can’t stand Dak as QB… but those guys post after a big win by Dallas and are at least a little happy about the W.

The true trolls don’t post much after a big Dallas win because there is no fun in it for them.
:hammer:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Loved the win, but let's be realistic here.

Browns were without both starting OTs, without Chubb at running back and Watson has only played 12 of the last 51 games. I saw as the game progressed that Watson started to get a bit more zeroed in on his passes. The Browns have been somewhat of a joke in the NFL the last few years, but I'd doubt the front office and coaches as so stupid as to play somebody a guaranteed $230 million if he was as bad as he looked in the first half of this game.

It's a long season, we'll see how it goes...
yetm they were top defense last year and were a playoff team...so then there is that....

and we blew out the team. not sure if you were expecting 45 points, but sorry to disappoint you.

Proof

Reaction score
A lot of “here’s excuses as to why the offense sucked in the 2nd half” threads popping up.

In reality our offense only scored 2 TDs while forcing Aubrey to kick long FGs.

Thats nothing to be proud of.
I'm not sure "forced" is the right word. i'd rather score td's, but we have a long range weapon most the league doesn't. it's going to factor into our decision making often.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure "forced" is the right word. i'd rather score td's, but we have a long range weapon most the league doesn't. it's going to factor into our decision making often.
FGs instead of TDs will factor into the outcome of games though.

If you’re becoming conservative after you cross the 50 yard line (I don’t believe that happened. I believe the offense was shut down by a good Browns defense) because you trust your kicker to consistently hit 50+ yarders then you’re not playing to win games.

Proof

Reaction score
The problem is you....er I mean people....berated Cooper for only winning because of defense.

Can't have it both ways.
why do you guys keep saying this nonsense? berated him? he did his job and held down the fort and some posters like to pretend that he is a viable starting option because of it and an insane stretch by the defense.

Reactions: CWR

Proof

Reaction score

If you’re becoming conservative after you cross the 50 yard line (I don’t believe that happened. I believe the offense was shut down by a good Browns defense) because you trust your kicker to consistently hit 50+ yarders then you’re not playing to win games.
i definitely agree. and it's something to watch moving forward.

mldardy

Reaction score
Game was similar to the opener against NYG late year minus the rain. Once we got a comfortable lead there was no reason to take a risk. Just let the defense dictate the game from that point.

starfan1

Reaction score
I didn't come to his defense. I questioned your philosophy.

Could be too fine a point for you.

You should know by now I don't have a lot of "buddies". The one i do have...even he rolls his eyes at me sometimes.:laugh:
:rolleyes:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why do you guys keep saying this nonsense? berated him? he did his job and held down the fort and some posters like to pretend that he is a viable starting option because of it and an insane stretch by the defense.
What are you rambling about? I never claimed he was a viable qb1.
We most certainly did have Dak Defenders poopoo coops record. But if course the defense played a major part in it and coop certainly didn't hurt them either.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Hey buddy....missed you at Driver's Ed class...

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
A lot of “here’s excuses as to why the offense sucked in the 2nd half” threads popping up.

In reality our offense only scored 2 TDs while forcing Aubrey to kick long FGs.

Thats nothing to be proud of.

If Dak lights it up in “garbage time” it doesn’t count but if he plays poorly it does count lol