Don't Let Garbage Time Confuse

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
they were top defense last year and were a playoff team...so then there is that....
Sure, never said the defense wasn't good. But with missing so many starters on the offense they couldn't sustain drives, leading to their punting the ball away or turning it over on downs. IF they had their top 2 tackles, Chubb and an in-sync Watson that could have been very different...

But that's fine, let me see the Cowboys handle a top offense like they did Cleveland's and I'll be much more impressed.

GINeric

Reaction score
A lot of “here’s excuses as to why the offense sucked in the 2nd half” threads popping up.

In reality our offense only scored 2 TDs while forcing Aubrey to kick long FGs.

Thats nothing to be proud of.

How many points did the Trent Dilpher led Ravens offense average the year they won the Superbowl? I'm not saying this team is a Superbowl team, but those Ravens seemed pretty proud to win games scoring 10 -3... 17-7... etc.

The thing about you is .... IF you come around after our wins, you come across negative. It upsets you when we win games and you're more enthused to post after our losses.

See the problem with frauds like you who pretend to be a Cowboys fan.... you easily give yourself away. I have NEVER saw a positive post from you after ANY of our wins over the years. You bring up us scoring two touchdowns as if it were a bad thing.

Had the offense put up five touchdowns, you would had downplayed that in some negative way as well. Last I checked, the players and coaches in this league said it is hard to win games at this level. Guess what... we won the game. Convincingly too!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
How many points did the Trent Dilpher led Ravens offense average the year they won the Superbowl? I'm not saying this team is a Superbowl team, but those Ravens seemed pretty proud to win games scoring 10 -3... 17-7... etc.

The thing about you is .... IF you come around after our wins, you come across negative. It upsets you when we win games and you're more enthused to post after our losses.

See the problem with frauds like you who pretend to be a Cowboys fan.... you easily give yourself away. I have NEVER saw a positive post from you after ANY of our wins over the years. You bring up us scoring two touchdowns as if it were a bad thing.

Had the offense put up five touchdowns, you would had downplayed that in some negative way as well. Last I checked, the players and coaches in this league said it is hard to win games at this level. Guess what... we won the game. Convincingly too!!
In the 2023 NFL regular season, the Kansas City Chiefs allowed 15.8 points per game on defense, placing second in the league. The Baltimore Ravens were first with 15.5 points allowed per game, and the San Francisco 49ers were third with 17.1 points allowed per game.

Imagine that. I wonder what two teams were in the SB.

T-RO

Reaction score
On a seperate note, why the hell don't our backup qbs get significant playing time in garbage time.....it's been a " thing" here for some time now
100. I'd very much more to see that too.

I notice it's a league-wide trend as other teams don't do that sensible approach either. Perhaps coaches want to maximize stats, perhaps they are 'encouraged' by the league to keep fans watching late into broadcasts that have lost competive interest. I would guess that backup Qbs in the game signal viewers "Time for me to run some errands, and do household tasks".

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
What endless worship? It was a team win. The D, the special teams, etc. Dak is just a piece of the puzzle. I get it, he is a big piece, but a piece nonetheless.

Who do you expect us to talk about? Hurts? I just want to win because I am a Cowboys fan. That makes me a Dak fan, a defense fan, a special teams fan, etc. Even when our qb wins, so many point out what a loser he is.

Just trying to be positive about the "Team".
Many here are Dallas fans, but don’t pull for all those parts of the team. (Some seem not be for any part) And please don’t say they aren’t great fans for doing it. Wanting one or more parts of your team to fail and posting about that daily doesn’t mean they are confused.

But yea. I’m with you. I want the team to win so I hope everyone plays well

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson was famous for tearing up his team for taking the foot off the throttle. He knew how to push them to be champions. That’s what has been lacking in Big D since with the exception of Bill Parcells. So yes, garbage or not, it does worry me that the team patted themselves on the back and took off the second half.

The other interesting stat is 19 points were from Aubrey and Turpin. Most of the points in the WIN were special teams.

GINeric

Reaction score
They were missing both starting tackles.

So what... thats their fault for failing to draft better depth. Nobody said nothing whe we were shuffling pieces around on our offensive line the last couple of seasons before last year. So I don't want to hear the excuses.

We have rookies on our offensive line and held one of the NFLs best pass rushers in check for the most part. So if we can do it then they can too.

cowboyed

Reaction score
It was the first game of the regular season and we won it against a team on the road that had one of the top defenses last year. We are also one of the teams with the youngest players in the league. It was not a perfectly played game against the Browns on our part, but it certainly was a good positive outing.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

You hated Cooper Rush for doing what you’re praising Dak for doing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sure, never said the defense wasn't good. But with missing so many starters on the offense they couldn't sustain drives, leading to their punting the ball away or turning it over on downs. IF they had their top 2 tackles, Chubb and an in-sync Watson that could have been very different...

But that's fine, let me see the Cowboys handle a top offense like they did Cleveland's and I'll be much more impressed.
so in the first half, defense did just that and our offense was good. 2TDs, 157 yards passing.

in the second half being up 27-3 MM got conservative and then cleveland offense was converting 3rd downs, sustaining drives, and our offense wasn't as sharp.

it was the tale of two halves.....IMHO, MM should have kept the metal to the pedal, but I can see why they just went to cruise control. also think defense played less aggressively and just wanted to keep everything in front of them. they did get lucky when Cooper couldn't hall in that long pass and dropped it in the end zone.

kskboys

Reaction score

This is the scourge of this site. Just no reason for it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
who exactly do you need to explain that too, i dont think most non caul fans saw anything other than that we didn't blow this team out from the dtart? there's no illusion we came in on grass on the road against a mobile QB and a top 5 defense and dominated when it mattered with 3 rookies starting and anther contributing and couple layers off ACLs that looked good .

stats dont matter 1-0 that it...weve said that even in high stat game like last year game 1 40-0 Noone cared how big blowout that was , just win..no need to overthink it.

the only thing i don't like is the goalposts being moved as being said leading up to this game 70% picked the browns , we won big and now they are the bad news bears..lmao..,many here picked blowout in loss by us..so many now saying, oh its just the browns..UGHH!!!!!!
I was amazed at how many people thought the Cowboys were going to get blown out. And then all these excuses why we weren’t are they just trolling or are they true fans. I don’t get it. That’s why I’ve been staying away. The negativity is through the roof unjustifiably so. The Browns are going to kill us. And then it was they suck so then it was we just beat a ****** team so we suck too.