Dont Panic, Its A Smart Move To Blow This Defense Up

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I am seeing threads where losing both CBs and your FS and SS spells doom for the team this year. Seriously? The entire group was a bunch of jags that had hands of stone card played on them and it never wore off.:D

They never made any plays, never looked for the ball, never got picks, and when they played an elite QB like Rogers, they got sliced and diced. Rogers was laughing at them in the playoffs, dude didn't even bother to buckle his chin strap one series and he and refs were laughing about it. That's called getting punked, a totally no respect move.

So that is what the league thought of our defense, so blowing it up is the smart move. Don't over pay for trash that nobody respects. Build the defense like we built the offense and teams will stop laughing at us.

This is a good thing, nothing to panic over.

conner01

Reaction score
Time will tell
Obviously other NFL front offices don't agree since they signed them

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I'm not panicked at all and I agree with much of what was said but my fear is that a lot of the issue is scheme related. I think they could sign a CB that had 5 or more ints for the past three years and he would still get zero in this scheme with our coaching.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
The problem......especially according to major posters here [especially last year w/Ramsey] is the DB is the hardest positional group to adjust going from college

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I agree but blowing it up in one year leads to a mess. I remember when the oline was blown up.
Phil Costa, Montrea Holland. Pat Mcquistan. Kyle kosier.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Watch the Cowboys lead the league in passes intercepted by the defense next year.

That ,my friend would be fantastic were it to happen,, probably more like all our former D.B.'s that signed elsewhere will snag 4 or more interceptions apiece.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I somewhat agree. It's disconcerting that 13-3 defense is being blown up, but it was obviously the weak link last year.

The problem with zero continuity is that the chances for vast improvement are slim and the chance for short term disaster is real. I think Garrett sees this thing as years away still. I was sorta hoping to compete for a title next season.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If u r gonna blow up the defence then do it properly and cut Tyrone Crawford and can marinelli.
Sadly this isn't a blow up but a ***** up.
They have FAILED to upgrade a pass rush since Spencer ware and Ratliff were here (oh and probably wade phillips, who was by far and away the best DC we have had in decades).
Consistently drafted poorly on the defensive side if the ball. From Claiborne to byron jones we have failed to draft difference makers.
The grand front office plan has failed r2garding cap management to which in turn has meant we subsidise the draft inequities with sub par cheaper free agents. Giving contracts out like that to Tyrone Crawford is nothing short of ludicrous. The Patriots if the world must have been bent over double laughing at that stroke of genius.
I think I went off on a tangent but needless to say I am in punta cana half stoked on mohitos and it's 84 degrees. Good night...go Cowboys

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am seeing threads where losing both CBs and your FS and SS spells doom for the team this year. Seriously? The entire group was a bunch of jags that had hands of stone card played on them and it never wore off.:D

They never made any plays, never looked for the ball, never got picks, and when they played an elite QB like Rogers, they got sliced and diced. Rogers was laughing at them in the playoffs, dude didn't even bother to buckle his chin strap one series and he and refs were laughing about it. That's called getting punked, a totally no respect move.

So that is what the league thought of our defense, so blowing it up is the smart move. Don't over pay for trash that nobody respects. Build the defense like we built the offense and teams will stop laughing at us.

This is a good thing, nothing to panic over.

Agree 100%. They just never made a play. Would a consistent pass rush have helped them? Of course, but you'd think they make a few plays in spite of that. We could pay young guys a pot less to not make plays.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since 2012 (the first seasons of Claiborne & Carr... Church was on the team for a couple years before and Wilcox joined in in 2013), this is how the Dallas Cowboy pass defense ranked according to QB rating given up:

2016 24th
2015 20th
2014 18th
2013 27th
2012 29th

Yeah, these guys are going to be a big loss.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Since 2012 (the first seasons of Claiborne & Carr... Church was on the team for a couple years before and Wilcox joined in in 2013), this is how the Dallas Cowboy pass defense ranked according to QB rating given up:

2016 24th
2015 20th
2014 18th
2013 27th
2012 29th

Yeah, these guys are going to be a big loss.

What was the pass rush ranked in those years?

rags747

Reaction score
I agree with the OP, would have liked to have kept Claiborne as I feel that he is finally going to come into his own, but I do like the idea of getting a lot of young fresh bodies on the defensive side. Hell, Brown can man 1 corner after what he showed last year.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
Rogers was laughing at them in the playoffs, dude didn't even bother to buckle his chin strap one series and he and refs were laughing about it. That's called getting punked, a totally no respect move.

in what world does not buckling his chin strap equate to punking the coverage teams?

seems more like he punked the pass rush with that move, and now rather then improving that, we have to focus on pretty much every spot in the secondary.

I'm not whistling past the graveyard on this offseason. it has been pretty rough so far