Dont Panic, Its A Smart Move To Blow This Defense Up

Gameover

Reaction score
Props to the Cowboys brass for having the foresight and courage to do what needed to be done.

#bigleague moves

How is Gregg Rosenthal going to spin this?! I'm sure he'll find a way!

Last edited:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
I am seeing threads where losing both CBs and your FS and SS spells doom for the team this year. Seriously? The entire group was a bunch of jags that had hands of stone card played on them and it never wore off.:D

They never made any plays, never looked for the ball, never got picks, and when they played an elite QB like Rogers, they got sliced and diced. Rogers was laughing at them in the playoffs, dude didn't even bother to buckle his chin strap one series and he and refs were laughing about it. That's called getting punked, a totally no respect move.

So that is what the league thought of our defense, so blowing it up is the smart move. Don't over pay for trash that nobody respects. Build the defense like we built the offense and teams will stop laughing at us.

This is a good thing, nothing to panic over.
200.webp

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Time will tell, but I'm definitely hoping this shakeup changes the D for the better. I'm cautiously optimistic.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I am seeing threads where losing both CBs and your FS and SS spells doom for the team this year. Seriously? The entire group was a bunch of jags that had hands of stone card played on them and it never wore off.:D

They never made any plays, never looked for the ball, never got picks, and when they played an elite QB like Rogers, they got sliced and diced. Rogers was laughing at them in the playoffs, dude didn't even bother to buckle his chin strap one series and he and refs were laughing about it. That's called getting punked, a totally no respect move.

So that is what the league thought of our defense, so blowing it up is the smart move. Don't over pay for trash that nobody respects. Build the defense like we built the offense and teams will stop laughing at us.

It's only a smart move if you improve while doing it. So far, there's no evidence we've done that since all we've done is sign JAGs to replace them.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think they are thinking the free agents they add at the end of free agency at CB/S will come at bargain prices and be just as good as the guys they lost, not to mention they'll probably grab some talent in the draft. Doesn't say much for the guys that left other than that the organization thinks they are overpaid for the service they provide. I think this is a good thing. Time for new blood.

Noclaf

Reaction score
LOL lets see where this is when this team cant stop anyone next year. It would be different if they did not have so many holes to fill, they cant rush the passer, right now the secondary is a disaster, they now need OL help. And we are drafting 28th. LOL what a mess

Cowboys22

Reaction score
It doesn't suck to lose so many defensive starters. It sucked to have so many defensive starters who never made a big play and aren't worth resigning.

fishspill

Reaction score
Optimism is great but realism is usually better. All those that dismiss the losses keep in mind it is possible to be even worse in the secondary. You'll get a great look at it next year from all early appearances.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

giphy.gif

Cowboys22

Reaction score
LOL lets see where this is when this team cant stop anyone next year. It would be different if they did not have so many holes to fill, they cant rush the passer, right now the secondary is a disaster, they now need OL help. And we are drafting 28th. LOL what a mess

It would much worse if we had given these deals to these players. We'd be looking at another 2-3 years of inept D before they could begin rebuilding. Now they get to start rebuilding and I think that's exactly what they are thinking. It won't happen in 1 year but in a few years it should be better.

black label

Reaction score

k_L7_Ew_W1.gif

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would much worse if we had given these deals to these players. We'd be looking at another 2-3 years of inept D before they could begin rebuilding. Now they get to start rebuilding and I think that's exactly what they are thinking. It won't happen in 1 year but in a few years it should be better.

Isn't that the truth... If the Cowboys gave Church a 4 year contract at $24 mil and Carr a similar deal and Claiborne a two year deal worth $12 mil... This place would have exploded.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Isn't that the truth... If the Cowboys gave Church a 4 year contract at $24 mil and Carr a similar deal and Claiborne a two year deal worth $12 mil... This place would have exploded.
Interesting. I am no big fan...but the F.O needed to re-sign Carr. He is just slightly above average...but if a club lets any player walk...they must replace him. Carr was, at least, reliable.