Don't Think the Eagles Can't Overtake the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Eagles are 2.5 games back and also lack the tie-breaker as they lost by 20 in head to head.
DAL is 2-0 in the division while Philly is 0-1.

The race at this point is not even close.

Stop being scared of the dark.

quickccc

Reaction score
i no longer think this upcoming Eagles game in Philly is a piece of cake walk.

sorry but i see us losing the DC game in Washington, ..we always manage to lose that most years.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think a lot of people are underestimating the Eagles. Look at their roster. They have a strong DL, and a pretty good offensive line. They have speed at WR and RB. They have a good TE and a QB who may be the best running QB in the NFC. They have pretty good CBs and decent safeties. Not sure why they have been so bad early in the season. They had some injuries on the OL. They are missing 2 starters.

I would argue the Eagles defensive line is better than Dallas's and their offensive line is just as good as Dallas's even with the 2 starters missing.

The Eagles LBs are probably their weakest link.

Still, they are capable of beating the Giants and WFT. don't count them out just yet.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I don't know if you remember or if you were a Cowboy fan when Jimmy Johnson predicted that the Eagles season was done, they weren't going anywhere. That was 2006. The Eagles were 5-6 at the time and their QB, McNabb was hurt. Their QB was perennial backup Jeff Garcia.

Jimmy specifically said, "Stick a fork in them, they are done". The Eagles promptly went on a 5 game winning streak and won the division after defeating the Cowboys in game #15.

My point is that the Cowboys and fans cannot assume they will win the division. There is still plenty of time for the Eagles to catch up and they aren't playing any difficult teams for the rest of the season. They have nothing but division rivals and the Jets. they are on a two game winning streak and still have a bye.

The last four weeks in the NFL:

the Eagles have the 2nd most points scored. They are averaging 35 points a game. They are 4th in total yardage. They lead the league in rushing yardage and are ranked 6th in yards per carry. They are tied for most rushing TD's.
I’m not trying to knock them, but I have more faith in the Cowboys than I do in the Eagles.

I don’t look at nor get concerned with other teams, I solely keep up with the Cowboys. They’re good enough to determine their own destiny (imo).

Idgaf about anyone else in the NFL let alone keep up with them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Historically, the Eagles play their best when everyone leaves them for dead. "Put a fork in them" is their rallying call.

The Eagles have a two game winning streak going into the next two games against the morbid Giants and Jets. Then comes their bye week.

After their bye week comes the last four games of their regular season, all against division rivals.

They end the season against the Dallas Cowboys in Philadelphia....a week after the Cowboys have played the Cardinals.

A loss by the Cowboys to the Raiders or Saints, one loss to the Washington Unnamed, a loss to the Cardinals combined with an Eagles run on the Giants twice, Washington twice and the Jets........does any of this seem unrealistic?

The Eagles has been a team that almost always surges late in the season. It is entirely possible that a 10-6 Eagles team hosts a 10-6 Cowboys team in a game #17 to determine the division champion.

We all know the typical outcome of such a game.

The Cowboys must avoid this scenario at all costs by creating their own end of season surge.

Not worried in the least. As long as half our team continues to be hurt.

DFWJC

Reaction score
True they aren’t out of it

But the narrative is tired

The last time Dallas faced Philly in the last game of the season with its stating QB, for all the marbles (Division title and 1st round home game) was 2009.
  • Dallas demolished Philly 24-0
  • Dallas then demolished Philly again in the Wild Card game

2014….side note to narrative
  • Dallas and Philly faced off in early December in a dead heat for 1st place….tied at 9-4
  • Dallas smoked Philly and ran the table in December….averaging >41 ppg for the month

• Dallas did face and lose to Philly in the next to last game of the year when both teams were an average 7-7, so not quite the same

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the eagles or any team in the east catches the cowboys then the entire staff and several players need to be moved

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I’ve seen a million and 1 asinine things on this board. This idea that the NFC East crown is in doubt is amongst the dumbest I’ve ever seen
We'll see how asinine it is in couple months.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Better odds that Dallas wins the division by 2+ games

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I don’t have to see anything. I know it’s stupid today. I knew it was stupid before the season began.
The e-girls are heating up with a weak schedule while the Cowboys have s*** themselves 2 out of the last 3 games.

mldardy

Reaction score
Historically, the Eagles play their best when everyone leaves them for dead. "Put a fork in them" is their rallying call.

The Eagles have a two game winning streak going into the next two games against the morbid Giants and Jets. Then comes their bye week.

After their bye week comes the last four games of their regular season, all against division rivals.

They end the season against the Dallas Cowboys in Philadelphia....a week after the Cowboys have played the Cardinals.

A loss by the Cowboys to the Raiders or Saints, one loss to the Washington Unnamed, a loss to the Cardinals combined with an Eagles run on the Giants twice, Washington twice and the Jets........does any of this seem unrealistic?

The Eagles has been a team that almost always surges late in the season. It is entirely possible that a 10-6 Eagles team hosts a 10-6 Cowboys team in a game #17 to determine the division champion.

We all know the typical outcome of such a game.

The Cowboys must avoid this scenario at all costs by creating their own end of season surge.
I don't think I know they CAN'T because they aren't good enough.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't think I know they CAN'T because they aren't good enough.
I just demonstrated that, in the past four weeks, they are outperforming 80% of the league.
I know what the Cowboys are too. I know what they were five weeks ago and I know they are not that any more, at least in the past four games.

Cowboys Offense after the bye:

Average points scored: 17
Average rushing yards: 88.2
Average total yards: 354
Average turnovers: 2
Average 1st downs: 18.7
Record: 2-2

Cowboys offense before the bye:

Average points scored: 34.2
Average rushing yards: 164.3
Average total yards: 460.8
Average turnovers: 1.4
Average 1st downs: 27.3
Record: 5-1

The Cowboys offense is trending down, we can debate as to why but the point is, they are.

The Eagles are trending up. Make no mistake, they can overtake the Cowboys. They have already begun.

A reminder.......just because I'm pointing this out doesn't mean I want it to happen. I know the coaching staff has the same numbers and hope information will prevent the Eagles from being successful by inspiring and motivating the Cowboys players.

LittleD

Reaction score
Teams are copycats. They now have exposed the Moore weaknesses and are taking advantage. I see many losses in our future as we just limp to the playoffs.
This will lead to 1 and done as usual. Winners always find a way to win. Losers just the opposite. 25+ years and counting.

stinkface

Reaction score
It's a parity league. We win easily if we get back all the missing Dallas players. We don't get them back then Philly can catch us. Pretty simple actually.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Giants will beat Philly

Wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles lost to the Giants or even the WFT at least one time, NFC East games have a habit or pattern where the time with the inferior record or the underdog team manages to beat the team with the better record or at least manages to play the team with the better record tough. The Eagles still have 5 games left in the division, what are the odds of them sweeping all five games the rest of the way? With the history of the NFC East playing as it has been. If the Eagles lose just one game, they'll be at 7 losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.