Don't trade Micah. Pay the man!

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
2 ways to approach this.

1 - same mentality Jerry and Co have always had. Let's keep him. He's a me first, has a side job as a podcaster, is loud and distracting, going to be a headache if we have a losing season. Produces mixed results and is a no show in the playoffs but he sells jerseys.

2 - New cowboys GM. Team first mentality. Trade him for good picks. Draft a larger DE. Price friendly draft pick for a few years. Encourage leaders that will lead on the field, do their talking on the field, and keep their families off social media.

I know which one Jerry will choose!

Jarntt

Reaction score
When I see people criticizing Micah's performance I know it's not a thread worth reading :facepalm:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Build around Parsons, it’s simple. Think he talks too much? Cry me a river!! Extend this man and make him a Cowboy for life.
Why? You getting a commission?

He dominates the bad teams like Dak. I really wanted to see him stand tall against GB but he was MIA. He gets another year but I’m not sold on mortgaging the future and building around him on a monster contract.

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
All things being equal would love to keep him long term, but since our FO refuses to put the beef on the line and at LB to make him successful, he's just not going to ever be what he could be here...

I would be fine with offloading him for picks and adding multiple players...the issue isn't wanting to keep him, the issue is what he ceede and dak are going to want to be paid....it's going to decimate the salary cap

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah.. He’s a total game wrecker against the pass..

If you have a problem with Parsons on the field then you’re being ridiculous.
And he had a chance to show that those big pressure rates and sack totals meant something against GB. He was MIA after the first quarter and had no impact on the game at all……. Which was a repeat of last years playoff loss. If he’s not going to show up in the biggest games, who cares if he dominates Washington and Carolina ?

nobody

Reaction score
OOORRRRRRR, and hear me out cause it's crazy, we STOP paying guys who disappear in big moments because they're great in the regular season most of the time but disappear in the playoffs. I know that's crazy, but it's not like it's something Jerry as tried.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And he had a chance to show that those big pressure rates and sack totals meant something against GB. He was MIA after the first quarter and had no impact on the game at all……. Which was a repeat of last years playoff loss. If he’s not going to show up in the biggest games, who cares if he dominates Washington and Carolina ?
THIS IS HONEST AND BRUTAL TRUTH.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
If Dallas opens their pockets for once on a FA from a different team it would be tremendous for them. I can't think of a better player for Dallas than Chris Jones DT Chiefs. He would make Parsons even better.

People are misguided IMO on getting star LBers. LBers are only as good as the DTs ahead of them. Draft another DT and give Jones 100 million and see what happens.

jgboys1

Reaction score
He is becoming the defensive version of Dak.

Bagman

Reaction score
That's Dan Quinn's idiocy and it's too late to fix it. Parsons could be an every down player at linebacker. He could still rush the passer on 3rd down.

But Micah doesn't want to play LB because he wants to get paid like a DE. So we get a 240 pound edge rusher that is washed by the ninth or tenth game of the year. Because he's not physically built to play there.
And THAT'S WHY we should trade him. He CAN'T get the job done as an all around DE but insists on playing there.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Catch i just find it kinda funny that Micah's stats matter..now i agree Micah is a great player, but is he not under the same "He only does it in the regular season against bad teams" montra the offensive leader is?..its kinda funny how we pick who's "Garbage team" stats mean something and whos "He doesnt show up in playoff games" moments are overlooked...hhmm
Great point.

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Smart players have figured out Jerry Jones and his management style. Run up the stats against the bad teams, market yourself as next LT or Tom Brady etc. Throw in few interviews. Then get paid by playing Jerry since Cowboys dont do anything in free agency.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you were to move #11 this offseason, you could likely get two firsts for and at the very least a first and a second.

I would take two young blue chip prospects on rookie deals over Micah on a deal worth 25 mil+.

Micah is a great player, but this is a question of resource allocation.