Don't trade Micah. Pay the man!

Blue64

Reaction score
Build around Parsons, it’s simple. Think he talks too much? Cry me a river!! Extend this man and make him a Cowboy for life.
Yeah absolutely so he can fade away after the sixth game and become a kitty cat.

Do you even know football? Or do you listen to his podcast and buy every word he says.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I suggest you watch the last 3 years, especially the last 4 games of the season and playoffs.

Where is our so called best player?
Hey Bosa, TJ Watt and a few others all get doubleteamed and every opposing team plans for them. They seem to rise to the occasion and play their best, except for loudmouth who talks a better game than he plays.

So no…

Loso86

Reaction score
Build around Parsons, it’s simple. Think he talks too much? Cry me a river!! Extend this man and make him a Cowboy for life.
I'm with you, we will have idiotic fans who wants to get rid of him. Then will cry that we have no pass rush or never draft well or never sign FAs etc!

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
I'm with you, we will have idiotic fans who wants to get rid of him. Then will cry that we have no pass rush or never draft well or never sign FAs etc!
lot's more to good DE play than a pass rush. R Quinn was a good pass rusher

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Cowboys have been out of it for 30 years,

yet here come the hype boys.

GUYS, we are only 1 or 2 players away!!!!

No hype boys, you have less power this year. Stop with the stupid threads

Chasing6

Reaction score
How do we know the guys the Cowboys take with those picks would show up too? Could end up trading Parsons for another Taco Charlton.
How do we know that Parsons does not get hurt or lose a step, battling double and triple teams for 17+ weeks?

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's Dan Quinn's idiocy and it's too late to fix it. Parsons could be an every down player at linebacker. He could still rush the passer on 3rd down.

But Micah doesn't want to play LB because he wants to get paid like a DE. So we get a 240 pound edge rusher that is washed by the ninth or tenth game of the year. Because he's not physically built to play there.
Also because he refuses to come out of the game with 20+ leads so he can pad his stats.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How about changing the Defensive philosophy to a 3-4 base to help him
Yes, teams switch back and forth because it is easy to do so. We have been in the 4-3 for sometime and still have big holes. So we can switch to the 3-4 overnight and have no holes???

visionary

Reaction score
Either switch to 3-4 or trade him

Im not paying him 30 million per yr to get 13 sacks but get washed out and disappear in the playoffs

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
How do we know that Parsons does not get hurt or lose a step, battling double and triple teams for 17+ weeks?
How do we know any player at any position doesn't lose a step or get hurt? I know Micah tends to disappear down the stretch but there are only a handful of players in the NFL with his talent. The main issue is Dan Quinn misusing him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
How do we know any player at any position doesn't lose a step or get hurt? I know Micah tends to disappear down the stretch but there are only a handful of players in the NFL with his talent. The main issue is Dan Quinn misusing him.
That is the risk of having multiple Super Stars vs having a balanced team. If CD or Micah goes down the season is basically over.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you have $50M to allocate to 6 WR's and CD gets $30M, what does the rest of your WR core look like? If he goes down, then what?

Creeper

Reaction score
Let me ask the "trade Parsons" crowd a question. Is the Cowboys put Parsons on the trade block Monday, how many calls would they get by Tuesday?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I just chalk it up as some people on this site are emotional creatures because no one should want Micah traded. This team isn’t rebuilding so why do you want him gone? For a late first?
No one said a late first. We are talking about exploring the potential trade value. If you can get 2+ first round picks and save $30M in cap space it has to be considered.

In the draft you take best player available. With the cap space you fill holes. If you try to fill holes in the draft, like we did with Mazi it is a gamble.

Problem is with the Cowboys we never seem to have cap space for free agency, so how do you fill holes? You end up gambling in the draft instead of taking best player available.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Let me ask the "trade Parsons" crowd a question. Is the Cowboys put Parsons on the trade block Monday, how many calls would they get by Tuesday?

a lot, because you still have coaches playing to yesteryear.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That is the risk of having multiple Super Stars vs having a balanced team. If CD or Micah goes down the season is basically over.
Same is true for every team losing a superstar or two. The 49ers lost three straight games in October without Deebo Samuel and Trent Williams in the lineup.

There isn't enough cap space for every team to be stacked at every position. When you have a superstar than you pay that guy and build around him. If you want a team with just average talent all around for balance, you have the Bears, Falcons, or Broncos roster.