Dooley being our WRC is another stain on Garrett’s abilities

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just win!!

Without the winning wave in 2016 he’d be just another backup.

sfs12.png

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“We can win with him” if he’s surrounded with elite talent .

So, if we have a great defense and this elite talent around him on offense we basically could win with many QB’s?

Then why are we so sold on Dak? I don’t understand the emotional attachment with his skill level? I get Jerry’s because of his popularity and jersey sales but why are we so attached?

Create another thread.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Right... our coaching suks but Dak is great.

Please continue...

Like Idgit said. This isn’t a serious discussion then . I rest my case.
Was Dooley coaching Dak how to not run routes? Was Dak telling Dooley not to teach the WRs route running techniques?
Not every problem or discussion is about how Dak sucks.

RoboQB

Reaction score
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Yes, but at what point do we stop dwelling on the past and focus on the present.
We have a few new assistant coaches who appear to be upgrades. We have a new
crop of rookies to be excited about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but at what point do we stop dwelling on the past and focus on the present.

What's the deadline for talking about the past?

We have a few new assistant coaches who appear to be upgrades. We have a new
crop of rookies to be excited about.

Very true. And we have unlimited threads to discuss each of them specifically.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
How is this guy your WRC for 5 years and he’s not teaching them route running? How do you miss that? Where is the disconnect?
The question is "Why is SL the only one WR in the NFL teaching route running?". I think you have narrowed this down to just issue for Dallas when it is not the case at all.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The stain is on Dooley's record to have spent his time without doing better to teach proper route running. Sanjay Lal shows promise of doing what Dooley failed to do in his five years on the job. He was hired in good faith to teach 'em better and didn't quite get it done. It's on him, imho, nobody else.

RoboQB

Reaction score
What's the deadline for talking about the past?

Very true. And we have unlimited threads to discuss each of them specifically.

I think discussing the past and dwelling on it are two different things.
But, hey, I get your point. And no matter what, the bashing will continue.
I'm hopeful that once the season finally begins, maybe the past will finally
stay in the past.

Take it easy on me, Stash. I'm a friend... lol
There used to be a pretty cool rock-n-roll deejay in my neck of the woods that went by the name "Stash".
So, that's why I shorten up your name.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
How is this guy your WRC for 5 years and he’s not teaching them route running? How do you miss that? Where is the disconnect?

Dooley isn't our WR coach. He has has been disconnected. Why did it take 5 years, none of us know. Why was Wade Wilson our QB coach from 2006-2017? Why wasn't the decision to cut Dez made earlier? You seem to be suggesting that Garret is responsible for all this. If indeed he's responsible for all the hiring and firing of caoches (and IMO he is now) why do we call him JJ's puppet and why do we call JJ a dictator. Your suggestion fly's like a Christmas turkey Roy

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The stain is on Dooley's record to have spent his time without doing better to teach proper route running. Sanjay Lal shows promise of doing what Dooley failed to do in his five years on the job. He was hired in good faith to teach 'em better and didn't quite get it done. It's on him, imho, nobody else.

It's the same as players executing the plays properly. Either Dooley wasn't executing well as a WR coach or a few guys (nameless to avoid the ugly thread) weren't executing the plays properly. Chicken and egg thing really. Why did it take a WR (nameless to avoid the ugly thread) 8 years to go to WR school :muttley:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'm pretty excirted to have a true technician WR coach on our staff. Same with DB coach and O-line coach. I think they will be solid additions. Yep lets hold Garrett responsible for all mistakes past, present and future

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Create another thread.
Expecting him to stay on topic is asking to much. He has a history of derailing. Dude had at least 10 usernames perma banned on the old board for doing that. He even turned a thread about the cheerleaders into a bash Jerry and Garrett is the best we can do thread.

sbark

Reaction score
Dooley isn't our WR coach. He has has been disconnected. Why did it take 5 years, none of us know. Why was Wade Wilson our QB coach from 2006-2017? Why wasn't the decision to cut Dez made earlier? You seem to be suggesting that Garret is responsible for all this. If indeed he's responsible for all the hiring and firing of caoches (and IMO he is now) why do we call him JJ's puppet and why do we call JJ a dictator. Your suggestion fly's like a Christmas turkey Roy
Was the emphasis on execution of garrets route tree...over the emphasis on routes that gain separation.

Who dictated the preference?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think discussing the past and dwelling on it are two different things.
But, hey, I get your point. And no matter what, the bashing will continue.
I'm hopeful that once the season finally begins, maybe the past will finally
stay in the past.

Take it easy on me, Stash. I'm a friend... lol
There used to be a pretty cool rock-n-roll deejay in my neck of the woods that went by the name "Stash".
So, that's why I shorten up your name.

Oh, I'm not trying to give you any grief, sorry if anything came across that way. Mea culpa.

And yeah, most friends I know shorten it too. All good my friend.
:thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When did these questions begin about our recievers route running?

It started with the show. Now current receivers are rejoicing that Sanjay is actually teaching them to run routes and complaining that Dooley never did that. So if he wasn’t teaching them technique, what did he do here? Nad let’s not forget that Garrett fired him for a reason.