Doolittle: Let's give anthem protesters 'a reason to stand'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes -under Obama we expanded programs to help the poor.

And factually, that went up because we were in a terrible recession.

But yeah, blame it on the black man.
If expanding programs to help the poor was such a good thing then why would you have a problem with me crediting the black man? After all, the vote of a person with food stamps and an Obama phones counts as much as mine, right?

Cmac

Reaction score
What is racist about that? Most people that are on food stamps are white. You need to bull you head out of your butt when playing that race card. You don't do it very well.
...then why is he characterized as Food Stamp President?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Oh please. Like that poster knows that. You think he's complaining about white folks getting government benefits? Please. Wake the FUP

Just like Trump saying the people of Puerto Rico want everything done for them. Meanwhile he is trying to pass a tax cut to help himself and the top percent of rich people. Like they need more money and a break than they already have. Also talking about Obama being the food stamp president. When Trump is spending millions of tax dollars on all of his golf trips/vacations.

And has bankrupt the Secret Service. And when Tom Price spent about a million dollars of tax payer money on private jet travel. Most of which won't get paid back. The GOP which doesn't mind getting tax cuts for themselves, spending millions of tax payer money on themselves, spending billions every year on the military. Complaining about food stamps/welfare and don't want a system where everybody gets healthcare if it means that tax dollars have to go towards it.

JBond

Reaction score
Unfortunately those who support the “Grab her by the p****” Trump are mostly white and don’t want to have that conversation. They think they are “Winning” so why would they want to change anything.
Let's talk about why liberals refuse to educate children in large liberal utopian cities. Let's start there.

JBond

Reaction score
I’m more conservative than liberal but that’s neither here nor there. Trump just disgusts me so much and I hate to see the damage he’s doing to this great country.
It's not like Trump sent billions to the Iranian military, nor did he send $500 million to ISIS. Trump is not the one that armed narco-terrorists in Mexico. He is not the one that used the IRS to punish political opponents. Trump is not the one that allowed Syria to keep and use chemical weapons against civilians. Nope, all that failure sits at the feet of Obama and his useful idiots.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
I can tell that you are am extremely tolerant person...as long as people agree with you. (a shared characteristic of all liberals)

And conservatives, unfortunately. Sometimes liberals vs. conservatives is like looking into a mirror.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Just like Trump saying the people of Puerto Rico want everything done for them. Meanwhile he is trying to pass a tax cut to help himself and the top percent of rich people. Like they need more money and a break than they already have. Also talking about Obama being the food stamp president. When Trump is spending millions of tax dollars on all of his golf trips/vacations.

And has bankrupt the Secret Service. And when Tom Price spent about a million dollars of tax payer money on private jet travel. Most of which won't get paid back. The GOP which doesn't mind getting tax cuts for themselves, spending millions of tax payer money on themselves, spending billions every year on the military. Complaining about food stamps/welfare and don't want a system where everybody gets healthcare if it means that tax dollars have to go towards it.

You need to quit watching MSNBC...

This is government as usual. You don't get to pick and choose outrage based on party preference...

sbark

Reaction score

and yet go down a list of the Mega mega rich...............
Bill Gates
Warren Buffet
Steve Jobs
Kennedy's
Rockefellors
Heintz - Kerry
Most in goldman Sach's
Mega Hollywood rich
...............................they affiliate with what party?.............: the Left. And yet most of the tax benefits flow their way, the regs actually help them prevent compeition from lean, innovative, efficient companies.

The Left demonizes the working rich....those that dont have generational wealth, they continue to take risk, employs hundreds if not thousands.......................

Most on the GOP have no problem helping the "TRUELY HELPLESS"........but they do feel there are those that abuse the system, and then that system brings on the social ills of single parent familes, crime, drugs, etc...............historically a working family helps a society in so many ways...vrs a single parent family who's children accept that as a norm.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
and yet go down a list of the Mega mega rich...............
Bill Gates
Warren Buffet
Steve Jobs
Kennedy's
Rockefellors
Heintz - Kerry
Most in goldman Sach's
Mega Hollywood rich
...............................they affiliate with what party?.............: the Left. And yet most of the tax benefits flow their way, the regs actually help them prevent compeition from lean, innovative, efficient companies.

The Left demonizes the working rich....those that dont have generational wealth, they continue to take risk, employs hundreds if not thousands.......................

Most on the GOP have no problem helping the "TRUELY HELPLESS"........but they do feel there are those that abuse the system, and then that system brings on the social ills of single parent familes, crime, drugs, etc...............historically a working family helps a society in so many ways...vrs a single parent family who's children accept that as a norm.

I don't care which party that the rich people belong too. None of them need to have their tax cuts. Yet it's Trump's bill that seems to hit at trying to get tax cuts for the rich.

Anyone in Congress or in the government complaining about having to spend tax dollars to help out the needy. While you have some who use their position as a advantage to spent tax dollars for their own enjoyment such as Price with the private jets. Also those in Congress working on taking healthcare away from others or who don't think that tax dollars should go to helping out Americans. But, many because of their position had a comfortable healthcare plan. And they will make sure that they and they're families are protected, while coming up with things such as the Graham-Cassidy bill.

For as much as they act like their plans are the best for America, I wonder how many of them would give up their current healthcare plans and volunteer to have the ones which they put up to replace the ACA. I don't see a bunch of them volunteering to test it out. Nothing more hypocritical than talking about how the system is being abused, when they pass bills to spent millions/billions of tax dollars on less important issues and when they benefit from tax payers money.

None of them would trade spots to be with the poor/needy in this country. Yet they are trying to cut back programs which help out those in need.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, what is the income line you think should result in $0 tax and what income level should pay 50% of the total?

JBond

Reaction score
I don't care which party that the rich people belong too. None of them need to have their tax cuts. Yet it's Trump's bill that seems to hit at trying to get tax cuts for the rich.

Anyone in Congress or in the government complaining about having to spend tax dollars to help out the needy. While you have some who use their position as a advantage to spent tax dollars for their own enjoyment such as Price with the private jets. Also those in Congress working on taking healthcare away from others or who don't think that tax dollars should go to helping out Americans. But, many because of their position had a comfortable healthcare plan. And they will make sure that they and they're families are protected, while coming up with things such as the Graham-Cassidy bill.

For as much as they act like their plans are the best for America, I wonder how many of them would give up their current healthcare plans and volunteer to have the ones which they put up to replace the ACA. I don't see a bunch of them volunteering to test it out. Nothing more hypocritical than talking about how the system is being abused, when they pass bills to spent millions/billions of tax dollars on less important issues and when they benefit from tax payers money.

None of them would trade spots to be with the poor/needy in this country. Yet they are trying to cut back programs which help out those in need.
I switched spots with the poor and needy in the early 90's. I was one. I never took a dime of tax payer money and made it out. Not everyone can and I had some breaks along the way, but I also help create those breaks/opportunities because I made some fundamental changes in my life. I started living the right way and stopped feeling sorry for myself. My past is my past and I decided I was done feeling like crap. I own my own company and for the past 20 years enjoyed hiring people and trying to make a difference in their life.

Create something that allows you to employ people. Do something more than begging for government redistribution. Help create a lasting solution. Dependence on government for your survival is always going to end in failure.

JBond

Reaction score
Let's talk about why liberals refuse to educate children in large liberal utopian cities. Let's start there.
Where did Rockport go? I thought he wanted a conversation. Oh well. I tried.

sbark

Reaction score

actually its the GOP congress that wants tax cuts for "rich" included.........Trump himself advocates no tax cuts for the "rich"....not sure the definition though.

When Clinton was POTUS rich was defined as 2 million per year income...........during Obama's term "rich" was reduced to 250k/ year.............and that was after massive QE which decreased the value of the dollar exponentially........which then makes someone rich making minimum wage LOL

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
My man. You cant just interject "racism" in at every point in conversation and try to help your cause. Factually, the number of people on food stamps went up by about 80% in President Obama's term.

Also, factually, most of those on stamps are white. At least argue the merits of why President Obama loosened the guidelines and whether it was fruitful.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

Yeah the great recession was caused by Obama policies. It had nothing to do with banking deregulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.