Doolittle: Let's give anthem protesters 'a reason to stand'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...o-stand/ar-AAsErmo?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

"I think American democracy is strong enough to have that conversation. I think my patriotism is strong enough to not be offended when somebody takes a knee during the anthem. That's not something I take personally. It's something that makes me want to reach out to that person and have a conversation with them and say, 'Let's talk about some of these issues. Tell me about certain things that have caused you to take such a stand.'

"I want to have these conversations with guys like Bruce Maxwell and guys in other leagues, and maybe someday we can get to a point where we give them a reason to stand, and they're proud to stand along the other guys that are standing.''

The 31-year-old Doolittle, who was raised in a military family, is a strong advocate for veterans and has worked with his fiancee to raise awareness for the unfortunate situations some end up in upon returning from service.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...o-stand/ar-AAsErmo?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

"I think American democracy is strong enough to have that conversation. I think my patriotism is strong enough to not be offended when somebody takes a knee during the anthem. That's not something I take personally. It's something that makes me want to reach out to that person and have a conversation with them and say, 'Let's talk about some of these issues. Tell me about certain things that have caused you to take such a stand.'

"I want to have these conversations with guys like Bruce Maxwell and guys in other leagues, and maybe someday we can get to a point where we give them a reason to stand, and they're proud to stand along the other guys that are standing.''

The 31-year-old Doolittle, who was raised in a military family, is a strong advocate for veterans and has worked with his fiancee to raise awareness for the unfortunate situations some end up in upon returning from service.

Unfortunately those who support the “Grab her by the p****” Trump are mostly white and don’t want to have that conversation. They think they are “Winning” so why would they want to change anything.

toto1939

Reaction score
Unfortunately those who support the “Grab her by the p****” Trump are mostly white and don’t want to have that conversation. They think they are “Winning” so why would they want to change anything.
I can tell that you are am extremely tolerant person...as long as people agree with you. (a shared characteristic of all liberals)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So you're position is, complacent whitey ain't having that? You are pathetic.

shabazz

Reaction score

That's just funny stuff. They had the last 8 years under Food stamp president Obama to have this conversation. Kraperrnick started this bogus protest under the Osama administration so I guess Barry never quite delivered us a unified nation either.

Please stop with the comedy, you're really cracking us up with this stuff

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's just funny stuff. They had the last 8 years under Food stamp president Obama to have this conversation. Kraperrnick started this bogus protest under the Osama administration so I guess Barry never quite delivered us a unified nation either.

I’m glad I could put a smile on your face

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Racist B.S.

Food stamp President? That's just straight up racist. Congratulations - many on the board try to be more subtle.

That's a good bit more disrespectful of our nation than kneeling for that anthem.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Racist B.S.

Food stamp President? That's just straight up racist. Congratulations - many on the board try to be more subtle.

That's a good bit more disrespectful of our nation than kneeling for that anthem.
What is racist about that? Most people that are on food stamps are white. You need to bull you head out of your butt when playing that race card. You don't do it very well.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Preach! Make America great again. Whoooooooooooo

AbeBeta

Reaction score
What is racist about that? Most people that are on food stamps are white. You need to bull you head out of your butt when playing that race card. You don't do it very well.

Oh please. Like that poster knows that. You think he's complaining about white folks getting government benefits? Please. Wake the FUP

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh please. Like that poster knows that. You think he's complaining about white folks getting government benefits? Please. Wake the FUP
You didn't know that either... glad I could wake you the FUP. ;)

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

clearly when he said "they" when referring to protesters, that are almost all black, he meant blacks had the last year under the food stamp president.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Racist B.S.

My man. You cant just interject "racism" in at every point in conversation and try to help your cause. Factually, the number of people on food stamps went up by about 80% in President Obama's term.

Also, factually, most of those on stamps are white. At least argue the merits of why President Obama loosened the guidelines and whether it was fruitful.

Food-Stamps-Yearly.jpg

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
My man. You cant just interject "racism" in at every point in conversation and try to help your cause. Factually, the number of people on food stamps went up by about 80% in President Obama's term.

Also, factually, most of those on stamps are white. At least argue the merits of why President Obama loosened the guidelines and whether it was fruitful.

And in the context of the sentence, the poster clearly was not taking into account that the majority of those on stamps are white.

Who is the "they" in "They had the last 8 years under Food stamp president Obama to have this conversation"?

The vast majority of the protesters are black, so contextually it would make no sense that by "they" he just meant those on food stamps...

Status
Not open for further replies.