Doolittle: Let's give anthem protesters 'a reason to stand'

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Let's talk about why liberals refuse to educate children in large liberal utopian cities. Let's start there.

Yeah let's just pretend that property tax disparity is not the driving force in inequity in public education.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Yeah the great recession was caused by Obama policies. It had nothing to do with banking deregulation.
Seeing as how i never said anything about obamas policies causing the great recession, i guess im glad that was cathartic for you

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Seeing as how i never said anything about obamas policies causing the great recession, i guess im glad that was cathartic for you

Then why label him as the foodstamp president? Or are you just going to not acknowledge how the great recession caused massive unemployment and a credit crunch unseen in 90 years and pin the fallout on him anyway?

Might as well call FDR the soup kitchen president.

I mean if you want to ignore the racist meme about minorities and welfare as if it is not an obvious implication from the moniker then so be it.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Then why label him as the foodstamp president? Or are you just going to not acknowledge how the great recession caused massive unemployment and a credit crunch unseen in 90 years and pin the fallout on him anyway?

Might as well call FDR the soup kitchen president.

I mean if you want to ignore the racist meme about minorities and welfare as if it is not an obvious implication from the moniker then so be it.
This was addressed in subsequent posts and replies. I even said more white people are on food stamps. Are you looking for reasons to be faux outraged?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This was addressed in subsequent posts and replies. I even said more white people are on food stamps. Are you looking for reasons to be faux outraged?

What does that have to do with anything? We are talking about an off the cuff nickname. Linking black people to welfare is a racist meme. This nickname links a black person to welfare. That there are more nonblack people on poverty is besides the point.

That is unless you think the nickname is based on reality and not on ridicule. Even then you should see why people would view it as ridicule.

Are you pretending racism doesn't exist? BTW, I am not outraged. Just disappointed really.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Not really, unless you look at the numbers in a vacuum, unaware of what was going on in the country.

Look at the increase from 01', Bush's first year all the way through 08', looks like about a 59% increase.

Under Obama, yes there was a peak of 47.4 million, which is about a 75% increase, however, when you factor in the numbers dropping starting in 2013, as the economy recovered, it is a 63% increase.

So if you ignore the recession as a cause for people to get on food stamps, then you could argue he was right but just didn't know it.

Just curious, where are you getting your 59% for Bush? I'm seeing it closer to 89%.

Status
Not open for further replies.