Dov Kleiman - Mazi Smith missed making payments on his storage unit so they auctioned off his locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Mazi's record of paying for his storage locker and playing DT for the Cowboys are pretty much alike! :muttley:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I don't know but this is pretty embarrassing for a # 1 pick.

They HIGH BIDDER should contact the Cowboy's headquarters and ask them to put Mazi in contact with this him to see if Mazi wants to buy back all of his STUFF.......LOL!!! This could be a big payday for the HIGH BIDDER.....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They HIGH BIDDER should contact the Cowboy's headquarters and ask them to put Mazi in contact with this him to see if Mazi wants to buy back all of his STUFF.......LOL!!! This could be a big payday for the HIGH BIDDER.....
He must not want it to let it go like that.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only viable excuse is he's a Kid and they make mistakes.
Just a shame couldn't have donated it for a good cause at least.
Then again at his age, it's Women, his Job, and being accepted by the folks around him as all is new to him at this stage.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mazi deserves all the criticism enthusiastically. He has earned it. It's not like he's a 16 year old kid that never attended a major college program . He knows better. He's been stupid on any level. Wake up son. Be a man.
How does he deserve it?
He is human, made a mistake on a financial responsibility. Just like everyone has at some point.
And no you are not perfect to judge.

SMH :facepalm:

lostar2009

Reaction score
People are looking way too much into this. Maybe he just didnt care for some old college gear and some shoes. Joints probably knock offs too tbh. Dude is a millionaire now and nothing I saw was worth a real grip. Who has the time and want to spend the cash to fly out to MI to clean out a storage unit and travel with the stuff back?

basel90

Reaction score
Obviously he got a waiver from his SATs to get into Michigan U. LOL
Mazi is another bust pick like Taco was .

Rayman70

Reaction score
ow does he deserve it?
He is human, made a mistake on a financial responsibility. Just like everyone has at some point.
And no you are not perfect to judge.

SMH :facepalm:
Judge? I'm calling it what it is. As a husband and father of 26 years,having raised 4 kids,one still in school at home, I can tell you, the only way young aspiring teens and adults learn is by making mistakes and growing from them. When a mistake in judgment is made, that needs to be called out,so that its not repeated again. Otherwise, how does one learn and grow? I am far from perfect, nonetheless, it shouldn't take away the facts here. My wife and I hold each other to account when we make a blunder, either financially or otherwise. Its called being accountable. Nothing at all wrong with accountability. In the end I think its no big deal what happened, but it does point to some immaturity issues and maybe lack of focus. Great news is hes young and should be fine. I think he can be a great player for us as long as he accepts the coaching and is all in. Im not sure hes been on board. Which is why I think we need leadership on this team defensively. I don't see those guys on the current roster. Id love to try to get a guy like Chris Jones to pair up with him, to show him how to be a pro on and off the field. Unfortunately, I think he will stay with the Chiefs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I may have been the biggest Mazi defender last year after we selected him. I loved the pick at the time, still do, as long as he is getting better. I was just disappointed with the latest mistake he made. Just him being a knucklehead.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Mazi treats storage locker payments the same way he treats speed and agility events at the combine. AWOL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread ran its course as well. Another rant, we are better people than the players thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.