Dowdle is 37th in the NFL in rushing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cook is just as done as Zeke is. Did you see him with the Jets? He looked awful while Hall was running all over the place.

It's the scheme more than anything. Half our runs are right up the middle. Add to the fact that if Dak is under center the chance of a run is about 95%.
They are the ones who signed Cook so they don’t think he’s done.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well for one against Detroit Zeke started the game and had 8 carries, with Dowdle coming in later with 5 carries. This after a career game the week before. So it’s a little of all the above….
Is it safe to say, we're discussing some more issues that have RB1 as 37th and RB2 down the list..............coaching decisions and baffling coaching rotations? I could go on.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By the numbers he has 59 carries for 246 yards with a 4.2 average in Zero TD’s.

Just for reference Kareem Hunt, that was free on the street mind you, is just a notch above him but only 3 games played at 249 yards with 3 TD’s.

This week we will play the the second leading rusher behind Henry, Mason with SF at 668 yards and 3 TD’s

Derric Henry leads the league with 873 yards and 8 TD’s.

Man it’s great to be a Cowboys fan!……
RBBC at it's finest.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Kind of tough to be a successful offense without a running game. We can't even young a play-action and have defenses even care.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Just for reference Kareem Hunt, that was free on the street mind you, is just a notch above him but only 3 games played at 249 yards with 3 TD’s.

This week we will play the the second leading rusher behind Henry, Mason with SF at 668 yards and 3 TD’s

And Tony Pollard is 17th. :muttley:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Remember when a lot of us pointed out before the season even started that we had by far the worst RB room in the NFL?

Flash forward to now, and our starter isn't even as good as some backups.

But, we don't know football, or something...

Also, remember all the ones who told us bringing in Zeke was a good move, that he was still "good", and listed a bunch of B.S. they claimed Zeke was still good at? Those are the guys who don't know football.

Chasing6

Reaction score

How is Zeke doing?

blueblood70

Reaction score

this is not dowdo's fault by the way you often keep saying that but I'm telling you right now have you ever been watching the games you give Rico the ball the same amount of times they're feeding Kareem hunt no matter what his output is his yards per carrier is usually under 3.8 and yet they keep feeding him the ball there's games where he only has 2.5 yards per rush but they keep feeding him the ball that's called steam it's better blocking better scheming committing to the run game,,,

you're still blaming the talent OR lack of talent and I'm telling you right now they need to bring up dalvin cook and they need to give Rico the ball 18 times give dalvin the ball 10 times no matter what's going on in the game don't stop running the damn football!

blueblood70

Reaction score
This team is so frustrating what in the heck is Cook still not in the lineup?
Actually you're wrong what's frustrating is they're not committing to running the ball Kareem hunt is getting the ball over 20 * a game this yard's precarious not that impressive he's not doing anything special he's not better than Rico rico's just not getting the ball enough and you're right you can bring up dalvin cook but if you're not gonna give him the ball what's the point that's why Ezekiel Elliott went and started complaining he's like I'm active why are you not giving me the ball more regardless of what you think of him he's trying to point out that the coaching staff is not committing to the run there being 1 dimensional and again I don't care what your yards per carry is you need to literally keep running the ball I wanna see Rico get it 18 times every game no matter what and then you can give the other backs 5 to 10 carries and I guarantee it would look better than it does right now just like in Pittsburgh it makes no sense why we look like we finally were gonna run the ball and then the next week only have 10 total carries by halftime I mean that's ridiculous it's insane and you guys keep bringing up players it's not the players it's the coach who's calling the place designing the place it's the offensive line coach who's not getting this done right but I blame Mike McCarthy because he said he wa
.s gonna commit to the run and he lied!!!!!!! :facepalm: :huh:o_O:thumbdown::angry::popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
He'd be in the 20-25 range if he got the touches he deserves. Still not very good but somewhat effective.
So he'd be higher than that maybe 17 to 20 literally you're right people keep bringing up names and who needs to be here running and it's the coaching staff the schemes the play calling it's all terrible they said they were going to commit to the run and they lied to every one of us MM sat up there and says run game going and it'll work because they were goanna commit to it and then he lied!!

Hunt is only averaging 4.0 ypc hes getting it 20.5 times a game, and ive seen many times its 3ypc early and as the game wears on they keep feeding him and hes productive enough to keep the D Honest,. Hey do NOT do that here!! Rico's at 4.2 YPC getting it 9.8 times again that Double!!

Last edited: