Video: Dr. Phil on what Tony Romo taught him

visionary

Reaction score
Ignorance is thinking 1 player on a TEAM is responsible for wins and loses. Romo is near the top in 4th QTR come back wins and that doesn't even count all the times he got us the lead with minutes left in the game only to sit on the side line and watch the defense let the opposing team march down the field and win the game. Take a look at the all time passer ratings, Romo is #4 on that list, Brady is #5. Now explain to me why Brady has 6 rings and Romo has ZERO....TEAM SPORT! Brady had a GM that built teams to help him win, Romo not so much! BTW, Dak is #6 on that list and doesn't have a ring. Rodgers #1(SB ring), Wilson #2 (SB ring), Brees #3 (SB ring)....

On a side note....Aikman is tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick way down at #61

You didn’t answer my question

how is a guy who won nothing in professional football an extreme winner?

and BTW, Aikman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Romo

coach steele

Reaction score
What’s crazy is that Romo was bashed just as much, if not more than Dak, until his last couple of years and once he retired he was put on a pedestal. It’s also crazy how obsessed people still are with a guy who hasn’t played in the league in 4 years and didn’t accomplish anything worthwhile while he was playing.

Sure, he has pretty numbers here and there but he in the the big picture he couldn’t elevate his team to win anything worthwhile which is the same hate Dak gets but Dak has only played a quarter of the career Romo has. I swear, 90% of this fan base has selective amnesia,

The NFL game will always be a show me game. Romo had one complete team (much like Dak), which occurred when he was young. I’m hoping that Dak’s story ends up better. I do disagree with your point that Romo never elevated a team. I think Dallas was much, much better with him than without him. Ultimately, the team was never good enough. Here is hoping that the team is good enough where Dak can elevate enough to win a Super Bowl or 5. Cheers

Qcard

Reaction score

Wait a minute :lmao2:!!!

This is how folks rewrite history. Romo is not an extreme winner ( like Jordan or Brady). Romo might have the mentality but it was never manifested on the football field.

Romo's best and only chance of becoming an elite franchise QB, in hindsight, was when Romo fumbled the snap. He had a HOF coach in Parcells. Hindsight, because Garrett never had the formula.

Romo is no more than a ROH player.

Does Dr. Phil work for CBS? :huh:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
The TEAM did not win a championship while Romo was the QB. We could have had Brady in that time span and still would not have won anything. The team as a whole was crap most of the time. No running game, old o-line, NEVER a defense. A QB can only carry a team so far....Ask Brady about that!
Well said, Tony was a winner.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Is it me, or is it crazy that people are still such haters about Romo and Dak? Both are good QBs. To like Romo doesn’t mean you have to hate Dak and vise versa. Romo was a lot of fun to watch. Unfortunately, and maybe due to poor coaching, he never made it to the big game. I’m rooting for Dak to make it there and win it. However, after Quincy Carter, Vinny Testaverde, and Drew Bledsoe, Romo was a breath of fresh air and will never be forgotten. He was the Archie Manning of our time.
Excellent post and a great analogy to Archie.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it possible to avoid Romo or Prescott threads and automatically not bash either man?

It is a rhetorical question.

For some members, the correct answer is no.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The TEAM did not win a championship while Romo was the QB. We could have had Brady in that time span and still would not have won anything. The team as a whole was crap most of the time. No running game, old o-line, NEVER a defense. A QB can only carry a team so far....Ask Brady about that!
Not true. Romo always had a run game, had a decent to above avg OL, excellent receivers and a HOF TE. The only thing he didn’t have is a defense, and that continues to haunt the Cowboys now.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not true. Romo always had a run game, had a decent to above avg OL, excellent receivers and a HOF TE. The only thing he didn’t have is a defense, and that continues to haunt the Cowboys now.
Yep, it’s not like Romo didn’t have his chances. He did.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dr. Phil should talk to Dak about winning because he’s apparently never lost a game in his career according to some of our fans.

Dak was 8-0 in 2019; the Cowboys were 0-8.

It's my understanding that from 2016-19, every loss the Cowboys absorbed was Dak's fault, and every win can be attributed to the fantastic coaching and talent assemblage led by Jason Garrett that was able to overcome having a one-eyed, crippled version of Tim Tebow as our quarterback.

(I'm just kidding, of course.)