Dr. Z is depressed over how good the Cowboys are

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
LOL I think he is having flashbacks to the 90's and his predictions of the Bills beating the Cowboys in the SBs!

kai cyr

Reaction score
He was being sarcastic, people. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about...the media absolutely loves us. We're featured on the espn homepage every single day, even during the 5-11 seasons.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2284516 said:
The media haters had better count their blessings. When the Cowboys are good, it increases ratings, webpage hits, sales, etc. Hating the Dallas Cowboys is like biting the hand that feeds them.

Heh....very good observation. It gets forgotten at times but the NFL is really up when the boys are good.

reddyuta

Reaction score
romo is really good at handling blitzes-thats the reason jj dialed backed the blitzes.roethlisberger looked very shaky against it considering all the blitzing the steelers do.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Temo;2284569 said:
Name any talent evaluator in the NFL and I'll name at least one personnel mistake they've made.

Name one other talent evaluator in the NFL that thought Mario Edwards was all pro, and I'll show you a guy who has no business evaluating NFL talent.

sago1

Reaction score
Actually I heard on the television but I also read the Philly paper the day after the game. The Eagles DC fully intended to blitz us to death but he had to change his plans after Romo hit TO for that big 72 yard TD. In any case I don't believe the Eagles would have been anywhere near as successful against us as they were against the Steelers. The Steelers OL is a disaster right now while the Cowboys OL is one of the best.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than the fact that he's barking mad, I don't mind Dr. Z. You gotta like a guy who'll go out on a limb when his livelihood depends on it. And I like his very public stance on the HoF voting mess.

JPostSam

Reaction score
Temo;2284551 said:
Dr. Z isn't rabidly anti-cowboy though. He just likes competitive football. This is the guy who quit the HoF selection commitee in protest over Bob Hayes, no?
:(

exactly.

imagine you were writing about the patriots of the past few years. after your initial "wow, they're really good!" moments, you'd start to get all "wow, they're so good... no one stands a chance... i kind of wish they had a weakness so there would be some drama to watching to them..."

dr. z. is by no means a cowboys hater. what he wrote is actually a compliment to the cowboys, not an insult.

Pabst

Reaction score
I think when Dr. Z wrote "I'm getting depressed," it was more in regard to his ability to find flaws in the Dallas team. Earlier in the ranking he wrote "Or to put it another way, where are the weaknesses?"

When I initially read it, I didn't think he was stating how depressed he was that the Cowboys are good, but rather his inability to find holes on their team.

Nav22

Reaction score
Didn't Dr. Z protest the exclusion of Bob Hayes in the HOF, which he blamed on personal agendas within the voters?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
kai cyr;2284605 said:
He was being sarcastic, people. I have NO IDEA what you are talking about...the media absolutely loves us. We're featured on the espn homepage every single day, even during the 5-11 seasons.
This post absolutely stinks of Commanders jealousy. Choose a better disguise next time. You're just as ridiculous as when all of the sudden Clark Kent is different person without the glasses. :rolleyes:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
187beatdown;2284512 said:
Where's the Broncos love at? They are the best AFC team hands down.

Chargers. Broncos have no defense and that is going to absolutely murder them come playoff time.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Nav22;2284916 said:
Didn't Dr. Z protest the exclusion of Bob Hayes in the HOF, which he blamed on personal agendas within the voters?

Shrug, just because you're a hater doesn't mean you can't be be fair about greatness.

I was an absolute hater of the Pats last year, but I admit they were stupid good. They should have beaten the Giants, I just think they didn't alter their game plan as they should have. I mean, the last game of the season should have informed them that something was amiss. They won that game, so they ignored it. (like idiots)

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
187beatdown;2284512 said:
Where's the Broncos love at? They are the best AFC team hands down.

The Broncos have been nothing but lucky. Barely winning all three games. Their game against the Chargers was gift wrapped and handed to them by Ed "Guns" Hochuli.

Broncos could very well be 2-1 and just another AFC team that looks good on offense, but has absolutely no defense whatsovever.

The Broncos will most likely make it to the AFC playoffs, but at the same time, will struggle and lose in those playoffs where the defenses tend to get better.

I predict that the Broncos will drop off by no later than week 10, when defenses begin to figure out what Shanahan and Cutler are throwing at them on offense. It's going to happen.

Brandon

Benched
Reaction score
Dr.Z picked the Eagles to win the Superbowl two years ago and picked the Saints to win it last year. He has always hated the Cowboys, and have NEVER picked them to win the Superbowl.