Draft class scattershot

Rayman70

Reaction score
Chris Jones isn't a 1T anyway. He's a bigger version of Osa at the 3T. Broaddus claimed that if David Irving loved football he could have been a Chris Jones type of player. We saw some dominance in that one season.
I don't believe in labels. Jones is just a really good player that can line up at 1 tech or 3. It really is meaningless when you're as good as him. Rogers is a pure 1 tech and the issue will be Mazi not being available, I think.

NotForLong

Reaction score
My biggest observation in terms of overall roster is that other than Lamb I'm not sure which skill position player on our offense will make DCs worry.

RB
Zeke ?
Dowdle ?
Vaughn ?
Davis ?

WR
Cooks ?
Tolbert ?
Brooks ?

This isn't a redraft because I thought they did pretty well especially the three offensive lineman and the cornerback but here are some skill position players that were available at our given picks. I'll be watching them to see how they do this season just because that's what fans do.

R2P56 Marshawn Kneeland
Malachi Corley WR
R3P73 Cooper Beebe (my favorite pick)
Roman Wilson WR
R3P87 Marist Liufau
Troy Franklin WR
Javon Baker WR
Jaylen Wright RB
Will Shipley RB
Ray Davis RB
Isaac Guerendo RB
Anthony Gould WR
Tyrone Tracy RB

R5P174 Caelen Carson (good value pick)
Malik Washington WR
It usually requires a WR to play 3 years to develop by then The Players selected should also be coming into their own

Any regrets may come from the RBs but that is only if they become the featured back. There appears to be a ton of undue pressure on Liufau based upon how the Jones handles that position this offseason. It is a shame because RB usually produce immediate results

I like Liufau's traits and I like that old school Zimmerman likes him. Only red flag I see is His style of tackling but I expect Zimmerman sees it as a non issue. He is very active and it will be a welcome addition to team with Micah. The combination will cause head aches for O Lineman who are figuring out their assignments pre snap

NotForLong

Reaction score
I've been trying to dig into that pick because they seemed to really want him. His coverage and blitzing skills could be a good fit for Zimmer's Double A-Gap blitzes.

I am excited. Hopefully Zimmer is retained