Javon Baker WR
Jaylen Wright RB
Will Shipley RB
Ray Davis RB
Isaac Guerendo RB
Anthony Gould WR
Tyrone Tracy RB
This right here is where we messed up.

Liufau projects as a backup and special teams guy. Any one of these RBs would have provided more value. Particularly, Wright or Davis. I wouldn’t have even been mad if we went WR here as our depth is not great.

morasp

Reaction score

Liufau projects as a backup and special teams guy. Any one of these RBs would have provided more value. Particularly, Wright or Davis. I wouldn’t have even been mad if we went WR here as our depth is not great.
I've been trying to dig into that pick because they seemed to really want him. His coverage and blitzing skills could be a good fit for Zimmer's Double A-Gap blitzes.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Would have been a good spot to tale Tez Walker

RonWashington

Reaction score
Devin Harper Jabril Cox gone forgotten . Hope the ND LB contributes as more then ST

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I've been trying to dig into that pick because they seemed to really want him. His coverage and blitzing skills could be a good fit for Zimmer's Double A-Gap blitzes.

Those are his strengths. I think ideally he has a role in our defense. The question is whether that role is enough to justify the pick. I don’t see him as a 3 down LB. But hope I’m wrong.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I just hope this isn't another Randy Moss scenario.

Dallas got burned by LVE injuries. So Dallas, even though it needs a legit MLB, passes on PWilson, and tries to draft a guy who they hope.........

Overshown is a Sam. Clark is a Will. Liufau is more Sam than Mike, but they think somehow he can cover and blitz, so he will be fine.

I hope I am wrong, and he is the best draft pick they made, but currently I just don't see it.

Maybe Zim sees Parsons as the future full time Mike, and Liufau is going to take the Overshown position because they don't know if he's really coming back. Kendricks gets to hold down the position for a year and teach Parsons Zim's defense, or Liufau to become a Mike (which I don't see).

It is hard to figure out what Dallas is thinking sometimes. But if PWilson stays healthy and becomes a legit MLB........Dallas wasn't smart. If PWilson is hurt and doesn't play much,(I still don't understand why they didn't take Gray,) but glad they didn't get the injury prone one.

Here's to Hope for Liufau.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
1) Guyton -- Tyron replacement
2) Kneeland - DLaw replacement
3) Beebe - Biadasz replacement
3b) Marist --Kendricks replacement
5) Carson -- Lewis replacement
6) Flournoy -- Gallup replacement
7) Thomas -- Martin replacement
8) Rodgers -- Hankins replacement

TLance -- Rush replacement

JBS

Reaction score
Steele just got a massive contract. I don’t see anyway Guyton moves to RT. Wouldn’t the first move be Guyton to LG if he can’t play LT? Obviously with the idea that T. Smith is moving to LT

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Steele just got a massive contract. I don’t see anyway Guyton moves to RT. Wouldn’t the first move be Guyton to LG if he can’t play LT? Obviously with the idea that T. Smith is moving to LT
They can get out after the season if he doesnt improve

JBS

Reaction score
They can get out after the season if he doesnt improve
Don’t see that happening but I suppose it’s possible. I still think LG more likely than LT. Hell, maybe even RG if Martin hangs it up

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thomas might end up being a nice swing guard and theres nothing wrong with that at all. Always need a guy like that for quality depth. The Rogers kid will make the team and I will go a step further, he will get playing time in the regular season week 1 and be good..better than we think. He comes from a good program at Auburn, played against top competition and did well. He eats blockers and space...and hes more than that. He might never be Chris Jones, but he will end up being a steal.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Thomas might end up being a nice swing guard and theres nothing wrong with that at all. Always need a guy like that for quality depth. The Rogers kid will make the team and I will go a step further, he will get playing time in the regular season week 1 and be good..better than we think. He comes from a good program at Auburn, played against top competition and did well. He eats blockers and space...and hes more than that. He might never be Chris Jones, but he will end up being a steal.
Chris Jones isn't a 1T anyway. He's a bigger version of Osa at the 3T. Broaddus claimed that if David Irving loved football he could have been a Chris Jones type of player. We saw some dominance in that one season.