Draft Day 3 thread

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
davey999;4536274 said:
What is the fascination with LB's? I don't get it.

They are the lifeblood of this defense.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Risen Star;4536273 said:
Wilber's on my list of likes in my draft thread linked in my sig.

That's a good pick. IMO, of course.

So you endorse the pick?:)

Randy White

Reaction score
Kyle Wilber was the 37th DE prospect out of high school according to Rivals, and was credited with running a 4.68 40 while being able to squat 400 lbs. Red shirted in 2007, Wilber emerged as a starting DE in 2008 and recorded 3 sacks. He suffered a broken leg in 2009, but was able to finish the final three games. Wilber has started every game the past two seasons at DE and OLB, registering 69 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 2011 after 65 tackles and 6 sacks in 2010. Wilber played well as an OLB during his final game in the Music City Bowl against Mississippi State. As an NFL Draft prospect, Kyle Wilber offers a lot of talent,intelligence, versatility, and experience, from edge rushing as a down DE to covering the slot in zone. Wilber's height and smooth hips project well in coverage against tall NFL TEs. In space, Wilber demonstrates good agility, and uses his long arms to occupy, shed, and make tackles. Wilber is best suited for 4-3 OLB, but could be tried at 3-4 OLB.

Strengths: Smart, instinctive player always around the ball. Has smooth hips to turn and run in coverage. Good at using long arms to disengage from blockers and make plays. Is quick off the snap and an effective blitzer. Covers a lot of area in zone and uses long frame to defend passes. Good athlete for frame.

Weaknesses: Is neither a great edge rusher nor good at anchoring against OLs on running plays, and hence does not project well as a 3-4 OLB. High cut and long legged, and does not possess elite acceleration. Has not demonstrated good ball skills in man coverage. NFL Comparison: Ben Leber - Minnesota Vikings --Brad Noel

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
davey999;4536274 said:

OLB, Spencer is gone after this year, Cowboys don't have a lot of depth there, this is a project guy

SDCowboy

Reaction score
So far it looks like we're rolling with Otree at WR this year.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
MOZONE;4536278 said:

Dude, you've been killing every pick we've made. Go back to your team's message board for crying out loud and stop trolling Cowboy boards.

Mash

Reaction score
Who is this guy?

Never heard of him.....OLB? Did we panic? or was the war room generally happy?

Randy White

Reaction score
davey999;4536274 said:

Yea, I don't get how a 3 down linemen and 4 LINEBACKERS defense has this weird lust for linebackers either.. :rolleyes:

Mash

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4536293 said:

I wouldnt dicount the younger guys we have.......

a_minimalist

Reaction score
i'm starting to feel bad for tony romo. i hope one of the next 2 picks address OL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SDCowboy85;4536293 said:

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Why did you have to remind me.....

WR has to be the next pick....

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Interesting selection, I wanted trench players but whatever, I've given up. lol