Draft Day 3 thread

a_minimalist

Reaction score
burmafrd;4536327 said:
there is not really anyone left that you could project for anything beyond journeyman status; unless they are grabbing someone from a small school who did not go to the combine and they think has a lot of talent no one else spotted.

Anyone you get from this point on is in the Nagy, Costa, Killa category.

The boys have only developed ONE starting O lineman since the 90's who was drafted later then 3rd and that was Free.

good point, but it's still not a good reason to disregard the position in the late rounds. we need another option at C or G

burmafrd

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4536315 said:
Ourlads thinks he can be.

never got more than a handful of sacks in his entire college career. What are the chances he figures it out in the pros?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
StevenOtero;4536332 said:
I'm so glad we have so many qualified scouts on this message board. :rolleyes:

Just the typical I-know-better-than-the-team reaction when relative unknowns are taken before players mentioned by the ones the draft gurus have been promoting.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
4.32 and 7.11 times with a 34" vertical. Had good Shrine game.

On the OL, this draft is telling you a lot of how they currently feel about who is on the team. You may not agree with it but... Still I'd like to see a C.

Eddie

Reaction score
davey999;4536331 said:
Cool. Let's take another LB next and ignore the OL.

There's been a heavy run on OL. There's not many good ones left.

I'd rather go with Arkin and Nagy than draft the 50th best OG in this year's draft.

burmafrd

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4536340 said:
good point, but it's still not a good reason to disregard the position in the late rounds. we need another option at C or G

go ahead and draft them. Does not mean they will amount to anything. Not on the O line anyway

Mash

Reaction score
davey999;4536331 said:
Cool. Let's take another LB next and ignore the OL.

Really...who is left....even with the pick we made.....who else should of we got instead.

Seemed like eveyones pet OL players were gone way before we predicted.

Really.....who is out there?

baj1dallas

Reaction score
jobberone;4536347 said:

On the OL, this draft is telling you a lot of how they currently feel about who is on the team. You may not agree with it but... Still I'd like to see a C.

Also tells you what we already knew, they are getting guys that love football and have a strong desire to play, nobody that has to be motivated.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mash;4536297 said:
Who is this guy?

Never heard of him.....OLB? Did we panic? or was the war room generally happy?
They looked very happy.

Anyway.
NFL Draft Scout ranks him as a 3-4th rounder. Some had him as a solid third rounder some didn't.

I'm really curious now about our next pick.

burmafrd

Reaction score
jobberone;4536347 said:

and JUST HOW OFTEN have they been right?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
01/23/2012 - TOP TEN PROSPECTS WHO HELPED THEMSELVES AT THE EAST-WEST SHRINE: DE/OLB Kyle Wilber, Wake Forest: With lean limbs and frame, Wilber doesn't necessarily look like a prototypical pass rusher off the edge, but he pursues the quarterback with a relentless attitude. He has tweener traits and needs to show better discipline against the run, but he has the flexibility and long arms to rip past blockers and change directions with coordinated footwork. Wilber won't be valued the same by every team and projects best as a hybrid DE/OLB in a 3-4 scheme. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com

kmd24

Reaction score
Wilber is a measurables and motor guy. He's exactly the kind of project that the Cowboys should draft every year to develop behind the starters.

Not crazy about the value here. Would have liked to see Blake at this spot, but he didn't last. I'd love to know where Wilber was on the Cowboys' board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
StevenOtero;4536332 said:
I'm so glad we have so many qualified scouts on this message board. :rolleyes:

LOL. Yea it makes me wonder why these guys are wasting their time here and not scouting for a team.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
burmafrd;4536349 said:
go ahead and draft them. Does not mean they will amount to anything. Not on the O line anyway

well anyone after the 3rd really isn't a guarantee that they will amount to anything. we'll see though. i'm not that hard on bernadeau, i think he could be a decent addition. it's livings i don't get, at all.

DFWJC

Reaction score
burmafrd;4536357 said:
and JUST HOW OFTEN have they been right?

Well, in the last two years they've done well.

I would have tried to get him a bit later, but none of are can see their board.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
a_minimalist;4536340 said:

You just never know. Dallas hasn't had a good track record with linemen, but the Cowboys have had seventh-round picks like Ratliff turn out to be finds.

Keep following the board Cowboys, wherever it might lead you.

davey999

Reaction score
My question for the post draft PC - are you comfortable with Phil Costa as your starting C?

StevenOtero

Reaction score
gimmesix;4536346 said:
Just the typical I-know-better-than-the-team reaction when relative unknowns are taken before players mentioned by the ones the draft gurus have been promoting.
Yeah, I'm used to it by now. Oh well....let them eat cake.

a_minimalist;4536353 said:
If you need anymore opinions I'm here to help!
Fire away! lol