Draft Day is setting up to be a circus at pick 10

kevinhickey

Reaction score
As Cowboy fans..lets be aware that the TV coverage is going to be nonstop focus on what we do. There is going to be an agonizing delay while the teams look at the board. If Pitts is there..and Sustain..the debate will explode. We will be taking sides and doing our best voodoo at home for what we want. Some will want Pitts for the offense or a stud OL dude if there....some Sustain for defense and some will want a trade to really zonk the panel of analysts. It will be rough on us all. So the Forum needs to get ready and live with the results.
I’m hoping for those options.

irishline

Reaction score
I'm going to go and have a bite at pick 10 and just listen to the sustain.

Why 10? :p

spinaltap.jpg

:yourock:Awesome scene BTW.

aria

Reaction score
Pitts will be gone and I’m sure whoever we draft will make us one of the best drafting teams in the league, like every other year. We’ll also be the Super Bowl paper champs like every other year. We’ll also lose the first game in the playoffs like every other year. We’ll also be repeating this same sequence of events next year, like every other year.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Redball Express I expect most of the suspense of the draft to be gone by pick #8.
The first 7 picks will be Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Pitts, Sewell, Chase, and Fields/Lance.
After that, not so interesting in my opinion.
There might be some teams trading into the top 7 picks but the players chosen will be the same.

Londonboy

Reaction score
As Cowboy fans..lets be aware that the TV coverage is going to be nonstop focus on what we do. There is going to be an agonizing delay while the teams look at the board. If Pitts is there..and Sustain..the debate will explode. We will be taking sides and doing our best voodoo at home for what we want. Some will want Pitts for the offense or a stud OL dude if there....some Sustain for defense and some will want a trade to really zonk the panel of analysts. It will be rough on us all. So the Forum needs to get ready and live with the results.
What must I do to prepare for this Draftageddon?
Will the Forum be offering a counselling service?

dfense

Reaction score
Trading back from 10 could be a disaster. With two division teams picking right behind you, you could give up instant starters at positions the Cowboys need. Letting Philly or the Giants get Surtain or Parsons if they are there could come back to haunt the Cowboys.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I'm Surtain that not all of us will be able to live with the results, and there will be some in the Pitts no matter who we take.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
yessir^ It sure will be. Im ready for the draft. lol..Lets get this thing goin. If Mac Jones is there at 9 when Denver is on the clock, thats where he will go or they will be fielding calls. We wouldnt dare draft him at 10. Your right, someone will try like hell to come up at 10 and steal him from a team. I would def. listen if I am dallas.
Agreed. Going to be a wild ride me thinkest.

starfan1

Reaction score
@Redball Express I expect most of the suspense of the draft to be gone by pick #8.
The first 7 picks will be Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Pitts, Sewell, Chase, and Fields/Lance.
After that, not so interesting in my opinion.
There might be some teams trading into the top 7 picks but the players chosen will be the same.
I wouldn’t sleep on the Alabama receiver

CWR

Reaction score
the boo birds will come out if we draft Barmore at 10. Could happen. I personally love him..maybe not at 10, but he still would impact the team day 1.

We sure could use him. I wonder why he hasn't gotten more hype?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Because everyone picking in the top 5 have a lot of different ways they could go.

Hardline

Reaction score
Aren't they though. Wish we had them back now.
It probably cost us the blue chip talent,
Once Pitts,Sewell and Chase are off the board and the QBs .No one I want will fall to us.
Surtain is an OK consolation prize I guess.
To be honest I wouldn't be afraid to take Waddle.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Is tightend thiny is wound too tight. First some wanted Witten gone so Jarwin could start. Then some say Shultz should be the starter because he earned it. Now some say take Pitts, over the field, if he's available. Jarwin basically doesn't count because he's always injured. So we have only one real reliable TE on the roster, Shultz.

Meanwhile our defense gave up over two thousand five hundred yards on the ground last year. The number one defense against the rush last year was the Bucs with 1289 yards. So when I say stopping the run should be a priority for all defenses, don't make fun of me.

So do we try to fix the defense or rev up the offense, since the defense is so useless?

No matter what they do, some will not be happy. But it will give the argumentive posters on here some new material. I'm tired of the Dak debates.

I say we take Parsons over the field if he's available. Because Shultz is serviceable, but LVE and J.Smith aren't.